PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Pro: All the Games Optimized for Launch Day

Rubeus
11-04-2016, 11:17 AM
So it seems even if you don't have a 4K or HDR TV you can still get benefits from PS4 PRO, such as better use of anti-aliasing to eliminate jaggies, and more depth/colour to the graphics. I am tempted to get one.

http://static5.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1197/11970954/2897604-4_metro_train.jpg

PS4 Pro: All the Games Optimized for Launch Day - 40-plus games will be enhanced for PS4 Pro at launch on November 10.

With the launch of Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro coming up on November 10, the company has now revealed a list of 40-plus games that have been or will be patched to support the console for launch.

Included on the list are titles like Battlefield 1, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Modern Warfare Remastered, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Mafia III, NBA 2K17, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, and more.

Some titles require an update to unlock PS4 Pro enhancements, while others, like Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, have the features already available on the disc or in the download. The full list of titles is available below.

In addition to the launch games, "more than 45" games will be enhanced for PS4 Pro before the end of 2016. Some of these include Watch Dogs 2, The Last Guardian, and Final Fantasy XV. Some 2017 titles getting PS4 Pro patches include Resident Evil 7 and For Honor. Sony added that all first-party games released in 2017 "and beyond" will have PS4 Pro support.

Note that all PS4 games work on PS4 Pro, but only some are being updated to include enhanced visuals and other improvements. Additionally, in some cases, you need a 4K or HDR-ready TV to experience all of the added visual improvements.

For more, check out GameSpot's roundup of all the games getting PS4 Pro patches and some of the ones that aren't.

Games Optimized for PS4 Pro's Launch on November 10:

- Battlefield 1
- Battlezone
- Bound
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Driveclub VR
- FIFA 17
- Firewatch
- Helldivers
- Hitman
- Hustle Kings
- Infamous: First Light
- Infamous: Second Son
- Knack
- Mafia III
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
- NBA 2K17
- Paragon
- PlayStation VR Worlds
- Ratchet & Clank
- Rez Infinite
- Rigs Mechanized Combat League
- Rise of The Tomb Raider
- Robinson: The Journey
- Smite
- Super Stardust Ultra
- The Elders Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
- The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
- The Last of Us Remastered
- The Last of Us: Left Behind
- The Playroom VR
- Titanfall 2
- Tumble
- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
- Viking Squad
- Wheels of Aurelia
- World Of Tanks
- Xcom 2

-------
Ratchet & Clank's new PS4 version is getting a free PS4 Pro patch, developer Insomniac Games announced today in a post on the PlayStation Blog.

The update should arrive before the PS4 Pro console launches on November 10, community lead James Stevenson said in the post.

If you have a 4K TV, you'll see a higher resolution for the game, while HDR-ready sets will benefit from that feature. Those with a 1080p TV will still see improvements, as Stevenson said there will be a "big increase in gameplay image quality." This is achieved by what Insomniac calls temporal injection.

"This allows us to not only hit a much higher resolution, but also to do it with jaggie-eliminating anti-aliasing as well," he said. "The extra resolution and HDR's ability to display even more of the colorful Solana Galaxy should combine for the best image quality you've ever seen in a Ratchet & Clank game."

Insomniac's upcoming Spider-Man game will also support PS4 Pro. This was announced during Sony's PS4 Pro reveal event in September.

For gamers with a regular PS4 or PS4 Slim, the new Ratchet & Clank patch will unlock HDR support for the game as well. The PS4's 4.00 update added this back in September.

-------
Square Enix's new episodic Hitman will be among the titles that will support PlayStation 4 Pro when the console launches next week, developer IO Interactive announced today.

In a statement, the developer explained that Hitman for PS4 Pro will have a "whole new layer of detail added to it." Its overall resolution will be increased, while "reflective surfaces" should be improved, alongside "more detailed lighting effects." Additionally, the game's aliasing will be reduced.

Players can also expect a "clean and crisp" UI rendered at a native 4K. Hitman also makes use of the PS4 Pro's extra memory to "stream in higher-quality textures, yielding more details." IO Interactive added that the game's frame rate does not take a hit as a result of the enhanced visual.

"With Hitman, we made a live game which is constantly improving and the PS4 Pro aligns perfectly with that vision of constant improvement; we're proud to support it," IO studio head Hannes Seifert said in a statement.

Even if you don't have a 4K TV to take full advantage, Hitman for PS4 Pro will still have "higher quality shading and less flickering highlights" on a 1080p set.
----------

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-pro-all-the-games-optimized-for-launch-day/1100-6445071/

spider-prime
11-04-2016, 03:38 PM
all games I don't have.

Nem
11-04-2016, 09:34 PM
So, you think those two things are worth 400€/$ ?

Rubeus
11-05-2016, 10:51 AM
These two features are not just for the games above, it will most likely apply to every single PS4 game going forward in future, so to me it's still worth it, unless you don't plan to buy anymore games (or graphic intensive games).

Tickletot
11-07-2016, 10:19 AM
I regret not getting a playstation 4, I got a xbox instead.

Nem
11-08-2016, 02:52 AM
My local store has a trade-in campaign. I might be getting one. lol

I don't think its worth 400, but 250? I can probably work with that. FPS' should be more stable on the pro aswell and i will be upgrading the HDD to 1Terabyte.

superRSXs
11-08-2016, 06:25 AM
it sounds petty but the original PS4 barely fits just under the TV with very little room and the PS4 Pro (0.9 inches higher) will disrupt the zen of my TV stand. I'll definitely have to sit on it and give it some thought, but with my TV set to die in a year or two (vertical dead pixel lines for certain colors) the TV purchase time will determine the next console purchase decision.

Joe Redifer
11-08-2016, 08:22 PM
I axed Sony for a PS4 Pro. Let's see if they gimme one.