PDA

View Full Version : World of Final Fantasy

superRSXs
10-24-2016, 06:05 AM
To WoFF or not to WoFF? Anyone picking this up tomorrow?

I just finished the demo and the game has a bit of a identity crisis IMO with a mash of pokemon, chibi/not chibi, stacking, etc. not to mention movement feels sluggish, camera isn't very responsive.

I do need something to hold me over until XV arrives though so I may purchase this along with Titanfall 2 (I haven't played the first one so I'll wait a day or two for reviews before I buy). Quite honestly, the best game of 2016 I've played so far would have to be Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir, so I'm looking forward to the winter months to impress me.

Ernst
10-24-2016, 12:09 PM
I'm interested in this game, and I think I will buy it. My only concern is that it's just a dungeon crawler.

superRSXs
10-25-2016, 06:36 AM
So I went and purchased a physical copy of the Day One Edition, and was surprised to find that along with the DLC goodies (a few variations on the Mirages along with a Sephiroth summon) a DLC of the digital copy is included as well.

I was wondering what the 8.7GB file was until my PS4 installed the full digital copy of the game. I wonder how many "Day One Edition" folks will download the digital copy then turn around and sell the game...

System and story so far after 3 hours is as basic as the visuals look. It's more nostalgic than anything else, and the Kingdom-Hearts-esque character designs (Jiants) look good. Don't expect much though- for me this is just a filler while XV arrives.

I like it so far.

Rubeus
10-25-2016, 01:26 PM
I am going to wait to here what people think about the game, the game looks like it's aiming for children.

superRSXs
10-25-2016, 06:25 PM
guys on gamefaqs board saying that the "glitch" where the Day One DLC also provided a full digital copy of the game has been fixed by SE. It was good while it lasted I guess?

Digital copy still works great so that's what I'm sticking with. Looks like it was just the NA PS4 version- the PSV version doesn't offer the same perks.

I'll take this as a divine sign to go pre-order FFXV. Using trade-in credits, of course.

Nem
10-25-2016, 08:54 PM
I was looking forward to it, but after playing the demo it became clear it was going to be a waste of my time.
The stacking thing is so daft...

With that said, it looked like an ok game for those willing to put up with its... Quirks. The nostalgia was certainly there.