PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 4 Pro officially announced with launch date and price

Rubeus
09-07-2016, 04:41 PM
The price is good, if I get a 4K TV this year I may get one.

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/PS4-Pro-Ann-Init.jpg

PlayStation 4 Pro officially announced with launch date

Sony Interactive Entertainment officially announced PlayStation 4 Pro, its upgraded PlayStation 4 model previously known by the code-name “Neo,” at PlayStation Meeting 2016 in New York City. It will launch on November 10 for $399 / €399 / £349 / ¥44,980.

The console will boast an upgraded GPU, boosted clock rate, interoperability, and a one terabyte hard drive. it promises an unparalleled experience for 4K and HDTV owners.

Sony used a number of titles to showcase the new capabilities of PlayStation 4 Pro, including:

- Days Gone (SIE)
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix)
- Farpoint (SIE)
- Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix)
- For Honor (Ubisoft)
- Horizon: Zero Dawn (SIE)
- inFAMOUS: First Light (SIE)
- Killing Floor 2 (TripWire Interactive)
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Warner Bros.)
- Paragon (Epic Games)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- Spider-Man (SIE)
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (SIE)
- Watch Dogs 2 (Ubisoft)

Many of these are previously released games. PlayStation 4 Pro patches are in the works for over a dozen first-party titles, as well as “quite a few” from third-party partners.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered will support PlayStation 4 Pro on release date. Call of Duty: Black Ops III will be patched day and date with the launch of PlayStation 4 Pro, as well.

FIFA 17 and Battlefield 1 will support PlayStation 4 Pro in 2016. Early next year, Mass Effect: Andromeda will also support the platform. The first-ever gameplay footage of Mass Effect: Andromeda was shown at the event.

New Netflix and YouTube applications for PlayStation 4 Pro will be available at launch.

Sony clarified that PlayStation 4 will remain a single, unified community. All PlayStation 4 games will work across PlayStation 4 standard and PlayStation 4 Pro models. Every PlayStation 4 unit, be it standard or Pro, will be HDR-compatible via a firmware upgrade next week.

Specifications

Main Processor : CPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar,” 8 Cores
GPU: 4.20 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon-based Graphics Engine
Memory : GDDR5 8GB
Hard Disk : 1TB x1
External Dimensions : About 295mm x 55mm x 327mm (width x height x depth) (excluding maximum projection)
Mass : About 3.3kg
Optical Drive (read-only) : BD 6-speed CAV, DVD 8-speed CAV
Input and Output : Super-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen1) port 3 x AUX port x 1
Communication : Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
IEEE 802.11 A / B/ G / N / AC, Bluetooth 4.0 (LE)
Power Supply : AC 100V, 50 / 60 Hz
Power Consumption : Up to 310W
Operation Environment Temperature : 5 to 35 degrees Celsius
AV Output : HDMI Output Terminal (4K / HDR Output) optical digital output terminal

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/ps4-pro-officially-announced

Rubeus
09-07-2016, 08:10 PM
Hme5BhT52_U
PS4 PRO

kgWM0e6D9dM
PS4 PRO Games

Joe Redifer
09-07-2016, 11:41 PM
Can't even play 4K Blu-rays.

SavedFromSin
09-07-2016, 11:59 PM
Stupid waste of time and money. Leave it to Sony to screw up a good thing. I am an early adopter on everything Sony puts out with gaming and the fact that I refuse to by this crap says something.

Rubeus
09-08-2016, 12:58 AM
They need to show me some quality games that I actually need a PS4P for, there's nothing right now.

Drunken Savior
09-08-2016, 01:55 AM
So they made a new PS4 with beefier components just to upscale games to 4K (i.e. not native), run streaming services at 4K, AND don't let you play 4K discs?

I don't know what was more of a disappointment today, the Apple iPhone 7 event or Sony's PS4 Pro event.

spider-prime
09-08-2016, 03:02 AM
whew, I'm glad it's stupid, save some money.