PDA

View Full Version : No Man's Sky

Einhander
08-10-2016, 07:44 AM
Anyone get it?

All the complaints of not being able to interact with anyone else actually prompted me to buy it today instead of waiting, because it means I don't have to deal with jackasses. :lol:

Plus they promised no DLC!

About to start, talk to you in a week!

Drunken Savior
08-10-2016, 05:29 PM
I'm curious as to what it ends up being. It seems it wanted to be a space exploration of generated planets, but everyone began talking as if it was going to include space combat, a trade market, space wars...all of which were to be fully fleshed out. But the release seems to have sombered everyone, as it appears (to me) to be just a game with a massive galaxy to explore with all those other aspects being fairly shallow, gameplaywise.

Having said that, I played a fair amount of Elite Dangerous which kind of sated my desire to explore a galaxy (albeit, not a fantasy inspired one like No Man's Sky). So I might just wait for the first major sale on this game. It honestly never really got me too hyped, even though I've been watching a lot of gameplay lately.

spider-prime
08-10-2016, 08:20 PM
I never understood why people cared about this game, it always looked so boring.

Drunken Savior
08-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Exploring and discovering the game mechanics behind a procedurely (?) generated universe. I can see the appeal. It's why I love just exploring and doing business in Elite Dangerous. Plus trying to fly into every port at top speed because I'm a slaver. That's fun too.

spider-prime
08-10-2016, 10:02 PM
I rather sit in a corner with a giant S&M fat guy whipping me.... Hmmm... *goes to craigslist*

SavedFromSin
08-10-2016, 10:37 PM
This is my type of game. I like resource management and exploring areas. The story is interesting as well and makes me want to keep playing.

Sinful Sam
08-12-2016, 12:54 PM
I'm waiting on a price drop. I don't know if it's a game I can play for a long period.

Drunken Savior
08-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Yeah, with Elite, I tend to pull it out every couple of months, play it for 3-10 hours, then uninstall until I feel the desire for some hot HOTAS action later. I think that'd be the same for NMS for me.