PDA

View Full Version : Report: PS4 Neo to be revealed on September 7

Rubeus
08-09-2016, 11:52 AM
So PS4 Neo will probably launch in Sept/October then?

Next month's Tokyo Game Show would be an opportune time and place for Sony to show off its enhanced PlayStation 4 console, codenamed Neo, but based on reporting today, the reveal might happen as early as September 7.

Multiple sources have indicated to Gameblog and VICE Gaming that Sony is building toward a September showcase event in New York. It's also believed that finalized development kits will be sent out around this time.

While much has leaked regarding the more-powerful console, officially, Sony has said little about it. Notably, Neo skipped E3 2016 in June so that the company would "have a full range of the best experiences on the new system that we can showcase in their entirety," according to Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Andrew House. All we got was a quick pre-show mention.

Smoother-running PS4 games will be nice, generally speaking, but I don't know that they'll be nice enough to justify another several-hundred-dollar purchase. I'm most curious to see exactly how much Neo will affect PlayStation VR -- that's where things start to get tricky for me.

https://www.destructoid.com/playstation-neo-will-reportedly-have-an-early-september-reveal-379200.phtml

spider-prime
08-09-2016, 05:26 PM
I only have a 480p TV, should I buy a Neo?

Drunken Savior
08-28-2016, 01:47 PM
I wonder if this means the PS4 can do remote play at something higher than 720p...

Joe Redifer
08-28-2016, 08:01 PM
Remote play requires the PS4 itself to compress the video live and then stream it. I remote played my PS3 on my PSP once. The PS3 was at home and I was at work with my PSP playing some Symphony of da Night for PS1. Literally at least a second between pressing a button and the onscreen action. Great times. Hopefully Neo is better than this experience.