PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One S Is Launching On August 2

Rubeus
07-18-2016, 12:28 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/8686450e612843b4ad61caa43670b753_thumb.jpg
rm60PyKdFUo

Xbox One S Is Launching On August 2, 2016

Microsoft announced today that they’re releasing the slimmer and 40% smaller Xbox One S on August 2, 2016 in select regions.

The 2TB Xbox One S launch edition will be available in limited quantities starting August 2 for $399 in the following regions: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK and United States.

The Xbox One S will also come bundled with a new Xbox Wireless controller featuring textured grip, improved wireless signal, and Bluetooth support. The controller will also be available on its own for $59.99.

Microsoft will reveal the release dates of the 1TB and 500GB models on a later date.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/07/18/xbox-one-s-launching-august-2-2016/

Joe Redifer
07-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Does the current Xbone not have good wireless controllers or Bluetooth? I though all controllers these days used Bluetooth. Please correct me!

spider-prime
07-19-2016, 05:01 PM
am I the only one that still uses wires on my wireless controllers? I never worry about recharging them! WOOO!

Joe Redifer
07-19-2016, 08:40 PM
Same here, though the Xbone stuff doesn't offer that option natively, stupidly. I do have a 360 wired controller though.

Escaflowne2001
07-20-2016, 07:41 AM
am I the only one that still uses wires on my wireless controllers? I never worry about recharging them! WOOO!

Yes. I just charge my controllers when the console is in standby mode.

Drunken Savior
07-21-2016, 01:52 PM
Does the current Xbone not have good wireless controllers or Bluetooth? I though all controllers these days used Bluetooth. Please correct me!

Currently, the Xbox One controllers don't use bluetooth.

Yes. I just charge my controllers when the console is in standby mode.

That's what I do too. I just plug em back in when I'm done playing.

Joe Redifer
07-21-2016, 03:25 PM
So out of curiosity, what type of transmission to most controllers use? I thought the PS3 was Bluetooth for sure but I have no evidence to back that up. To be honest Bluetooth doesn't seen that great to me. It drops out a lot when you connect an iPod or whatever in a car so I'm guessing there's not really a ton of bandwidth.

Drunken Savior
07-21-2016, 04:12 PM
Off the top of my head, I think that both the PS4 and Wii U Pro Controller use bluetooth (in addition to any other standards they may use, if any). I do know that the Xbox One controllers do not use bluetooth, because it's not recognizable on the Steamlink (which can find bluetooth controllers), and in order to use the Xbox One controller on PC wirelessly, you need the Xbox One USB adapter. So I assume Microsoft is currently using some kind of propriety wireless connection.

tl;dr-
Xbox One Controller - Proprietary Wireless?
Wii U Pro Controller - Bluetooth
DualShock 4 - Bluetooth