PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft wants millions of Xbox gamers to trade-in and buy their Scorpio console

Rubeus
07-08-2016, 12:32 PM
http://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/184/photos/984000/620x/Xbox-One-Project-Scorpio-Trade-In-527720.jpg

Microsoft wants millions of Xbox gamers to trade-in and buy their Scorpio super console

MICROSOFT'S high-end Project Scorpio console is promising 4K gaming and VR support but gamers "don't have to worry" about changing console, say bosses.

Microsoft is hoping to convince millions of Xbox One gamers to trade-in their machines and upgrade to the fancy new Scorpio console.

Bosses reckon that because Xbox One games like Gears of War 4 and Halo Wars 2 will be compatible with the new super machine next year, there's no need for both.

So they'll be pushing gamers who want the latest tech to trade in their old machine to save a bit of cash when Scorpio comes out in the winter of 2017.

Scorpio is top level tech, boasting 4K gaming resolution and industry leading computer chips, and insiders aren't expecting it to be cheap.

That means there'll also be a ton of second hand Xbox Ones on the market going super cheap which, it's hoped, may sway a few PS4 owners to buy up a second console.

Dave McCarthy, general manager at Xbox Services, said: "Some of our retail partners today do trade-in programs and thatís definitely going to be partnerships we continue to move going forward.

"We want to make that transition as smooth as possible.

"The compatibility thing is a big deal, because you feeling you have to give up your games isnít a good feeling, so we take that angst out of the equation.

"Weíll try partnerships with our retail partners to smooth it even more with trade-in programs and things like that."

He added: "We are making a meaningful step with Project Scorpio in supporting 4K gaming.

"But you donít have to worry about that as a gamer, because the games you already own on Xbox One, the ones youíre going to buy this year and in the future will work across the family of devices (Xbox One, Xbox One S and Scorpio).

"We havenít always been able to do that at these generational bumps. Thatís a big shift for us."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/527720/Xbox-One-Project-Scorpio-Microsoft-release-date-trade-in-deals-specs-features

Drunken Savior
07-08-2016, 02:25 PM
I can't wait to hear stories of people with 1080p TVs saying they are playing in 4K because they purchased a Scorpio.

Reality
07-08-2016, 02:46 PM
Ha! I didn't even think about that. Oh this is going to be fun.

SavedFromSin
07-08-2016, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I am sure the trade-in value will be totally worth it and nothing like Gamestop's molestation of trading in games. Screw them. This level of arrogance of "Oh, they'll do it" leads to bad things happening to a company during a console generation. Same thing happened to Sony with the PS3 marking it at a ridiculous launch price.

spider-prime
07-08-2016, 11:52 PM
I can't wait to hear stories of people with 1080p TVs saying they are playing in 4K because they purchased a Scorpio.

I already know people thinking that is how it's going to work lol. I love bursting their bubbles.

Joe Redifer
07-09-2016, 04:02 AM
I'd get it even if I only had a 1080p TV. I'm in no hurry for a 4K TV but obviously the next TV I get, whenever that is, will have 4K. Even if I didn't want it I'd have no choice.

spider-prime
07-09-2016, 07:00 AM
I'm getting a free 40 inch Samsung Smart TV for switching my bank account to another bank. HURRAY! in a few more years, they will probably make it a 4K TV and then I will get it for free when they do that promo.