PDA

View Full Version : An excellent score for Dark Cloud 2

baratus
02-19-2003, 11:49 PM
9.0 from GameSpot and IGN

**** I saw the comercial and the game does look beautiful, too bad I don't have a Ps2.

Black Ace
02-20-2003, 12:00 AM
It got a pretty high score from IGN as well. I think it was a 9 also.

Vegetto
02-20-2003, 12:32 AM
Man I got it and all im doing is taking pictures for new inventions..... im obsessed with it

Investor27
02-20-2003, 12:40 AM
Does anyone know what Famitsu, or any other Japanese publication, gave Dark Cloud 2? I know that the game didn't do as well in Japan (200,00+ copies sold), where good rpgs usually do at least 400,000 copies.

gearhound1
02-20-2003, 01:16 AM
www.gamers.com gave it a 10.

baratus
02-20-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by gearhound
www.gamers.com gave it a 10.

gamers.com is always giving away 10(s). They could even give Dr Muto :crazy: a perfect score.

Twelve
02-20-2003, 03:03 PM
Oh, this is wonderful. Simply wonderful.

MoMo
02-20-2003, 05:32 PM
The first one was repetitive, is this one repetitive?

Twelve
02-20-2003, 06:08 PM
I've just read the gamespot review and apparently it is not. They say the ONLY weak spot is combat, which seems to revert to simple hack and slash at times.

The cell-shading is supposedly some of the best ever.

The Geo-rama system is well-blended into the storyline.

The game is called "Sony's Zelda".

Draco
02-20-2003, 06:16 PM
Do you change characters like the first one or you play tru the whole game with just one character? Cuz i didn't liked changing characters on the first one

Twelve
02-20-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by AudioSlave
Do you change characters like the first one or you play tru the whole game with just one character? Cuz i didn't liked changing characters on the first one

Here's what I read at Gamespot:

Max and Monica are the main fighters in Dark Cloud 2, but there are also a wide array of secondary characters to use in battle as well. Max's alternate incarnation comes in the form of Steve the ridepod, a big rattletrap of a robot cobbled together from household items. Steve can be upgraded in all sorts of ways as he gains experience, ranging from replacing his legs with tank treads to swapping out his massive arms for side-mounted cannons. Monica has the ability to transform into certain monsters and use their attacks in combat. To do this, she has to obtain special medallions, each of which provides her with a new monster form. Finally, any one of the many people you meet can be recruited as a support character to follow you into the dungeons. Although you won't see that person running around with you, he or she will provide a variety of passive abilities that will help you out. The game's combat portion would have been pretty good with just its two main characters, but these extra additions add a lot of versatility as you plow through the hordes of enemies.

This sounds VERY interesting, VERY fun. Man....

Draco
02-20-2003, 07:21 PM
Interesting indeed, Thank you very much :cool guy:

gearhound1
02-21-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by baratus
gamers.com is always giving away 10(s). They could even give Dr Muto :crazy: a perfect score.

do not attempt to make me laugh baratus. they are not ALWAYS giving out perfect scores. they could even give dr. muto a perfect score....wtf are you talking about? they gave it a 5.

GodOfCookery
02-21-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Nicole's Sky

The game is called "Sony's Zelda".

I hope this is not true, otherwise I will skip this game with joy.

Appsaa
02-21-2003, 09:35 AM
Dark cloud was nothing like zelda.. except for the fact that its a lock on action rpg..

The first one would have been great.. if you didn't have to go back and practically replay the game several times to level up ur charecters... this game seems to have fixed the problem though..
I think it looks awesome

Zod
02-21-2003, 11:02 AM
I'll definitely get this game, but after Xenosaga. The first one was so cool, even though it wasn't particularly original. I played the demo of the secod one, and it too looks like it'll kick ass.

Cobi*
02-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by baratus

Originally posted by gearhound
do not attempt to make me laugh baratus. they are not ALWAYS giving out perfect scores. they could even give dr. muto a perfect score....wtf are you talking about? they gave it a 5.

yeah, gearhound is right. what are you smoking baratus? http://www.gamers.com/game/1168788

you've been hitting the pipe too hard, my friend :D gamers.com is usually dead on with their reviews.

anyways, dark cloud 2 is awesome, it's been getting excellent reviews across the board. i'm definately buying this game!