PDA

View Full Version : Persona 5 launches February 14 in the Americas

Rubeus
06-07-2016, 12:14 PM
I am fine as it won't compete with other holiday releases in Q4 2016.

http://gematsu.com/gallery/cache/persona-5/june-7-2016/Persona-5_2016_06-07-16_001.jpg_600.jpg

Persona 5 launches February 14 in the Americas - Western version won't make its debut until 2017.

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/P5-Dated-Americas_001.jpg

Persona 5 will launch for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in North America on February 14 in the Americas, Atlus announced.

The game will be available in two special editions:

SteelBook Launch Edition

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/P5-Dated-Americas_002.jpg

The PlayStation 4 version will be available in a $59.99 / CA$79.99 SteelBook Launch Edition, which is available only to pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases.

“Take Your Heart” Premium Edition

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/P5-Dated-Americas_003.jpg

A PlayStation 4-only “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition will be available for $89.99 / CA$109.99. It includes:

- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.

- Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member—and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4″ plush of Morgana.

- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.

- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.

- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.

- Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in Atlus’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.

Here’s an overview of Persona 5, via Atlus:

Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled high school students – the protagonist and a collection of compatriots he meets in the game’s story – who live dual lives as Phantom Thieves. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high schooler: attending class, after-school activities, and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the “self”; the game’s heroes realize that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and using it to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern society wears.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/persona-5-launches-february-14-americas

Ernst
06-07-2016, 02:05 PM
This one hurts. Delay EVERYTHING else. Just give me Persona 5.

Man, I wish my Japanese would be adequate in time for its Japanese release.

Drunken Savior
06-07-2016, 02:07 PM
I played through a Japanese language FFVII before it was released in America by just memorizing the way each command looked and relying on fan translations of the dialogue to follow the story. You can do it, too!

Rubeus
06-07-2016, 02:07 PM
This one hurts. Delay EVERYTHING else. Just give me Persona 5.

Man, I wish my Japanese would be adequate in time for its Japanese release.

You have to blame Nintendo for it -- it looks like the whole P5 team worked on Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and caused this huge gap in the P5 development. Persona 5 could've been released over a year ago if it wasn't for that game.

Ernst
06-07-2016, 02:43 PM
You have to blame Nintendo for it -- it looks like the whole P5 team worked on Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and caused this huge gap in the P5 development. Persona 5 could've been released over a year ago if it wasn't for that game.

Aw, man! Really?! And I hear that game is a wretched, censored mess. What a disappointment.

Ernst
06-07-2016, 02:44 PM
I played through a Japanese language FFVII before it was released in America by just memorizing the way each command looked and relying on fan translations of the dialogue to follow the story. You can do it, too!

Ha. I just couldn't enjoy it like that! Not in the age of voice acted cut scenes!

Drunken Savior
06-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Ha. I just couldn't enjoy it like that! Not in the age of voice acted cut scenes!

Oooo, good point.

Nem
06-08-2016, 02:17 AM
QQ

Einhander
06-08-2016, 02:24 AM
Why buy this when they'll just release a FES/Golden version a year from now?

Rubeus
06-08-2016, 08:44 AM
FES/Golden is not going to happen at least 3 years later.

Einhander
06-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Horseshit. Fes was released within 2 years of the initial release and the only reason P4 wasn't was because the Vita wasn't out yet. Guaranteed it will be announced within a year.

Nem
06-08-2016, 11:12 AM
Why buy this when they'll just release a FES/Golden version a year from now?

I don't care. I will buy both versions if the content is compelling. If its not i will just watch the extra on youtube.

P5 has been a long time coming to pass up. Its not like they are releasing these every year.

superRSXs
06-08-2016, 10:49 PM
Enough time to tear through FF XV and World of Final Fantasy. Not good news though.

Einhander
06-08-2016, 10:51 PM
I don't care. I will buy both versions if the content is compelling. If its not i will just watch the extra on youtube.

P5 has been a long time coming to pass up. Its not like they are releasing these every year.

And people wonder why we keep getting game re-releases.

Ernst
06-09-2016, 03:58 AM

Speaking of which, I've recently been thinking about buying a 4K TV. And I realised that with the advent of 4K we will have remaster ps4 games. AND remastered REMASTERED PS3 games. It never ends.

Nem
06-09-2016, 12:04 PM

It's certainly not because of me. But getting expanded versions (as in not re-releases as you put it) of things that are good, i don't see as a bad thing. If you don't want it, don't get it. Its all down to the value proposition for you yourself.

That is the market functioning normally.