PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age announced for PS4

Rubeus
06-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Yay, first day for me probably. :)

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/FF12-Zodiac-Age-PS4-Ann.jpg
81NsStczT8E

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age announced for PS4

International Zodiac Job System remaster due out in 2017.

Square Enix has announced Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age for PlayStation 4. It is due out worldwide in 2017.

The Zodiac Age is a high-definition remaster of the Japan-only Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System, which adds to the original Final Fantasy XII with reconstructed game design and additional systems, with further system improvements and current generation technology.

Here’s the list of improvements:

Visual Improvements

- High-resolution upgrades for backgrounds, character models, and all 2D parts including fonts
- High-resolution upgrades for movie scenes
- Introduction of current generation visual expression

Sound Improvements

- 7.1ch surround support
- High-quality voice support
- English and Japanese voices (switch between them in the game configuration)
- Original and newly re-recorded BGMs (switch between them in the game configuration)

Usability Improvements

- Shorter load times
- Auto-save functionality added
- Improved speed mode and speed mode operability

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will be playable at E3 between June 14 and 16. Get the teaser trailer and fact sheet below. View the first set of screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official U.S. website here and Japanese website here.

Overview

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age improves upon the 2006 classic Final Fantasy XII, now more beautiful and easier to play than ever. The high-definition remaster introduces several modern advancements, including reconstructed battle design and a revamped job system. With newly implemented trophies and share functions, as well as stark visual and sound improvements in true HD for the first time, players both returning and new to the game will experience a grand adventure that spans the world of Ivalice in an entirely fresh and improved way.

Story

Enter an era of war within the world of Ivalice. The small kingdom of Dalmasca, conquered by the Archadian Empire, is left in ruin and uncertainty. Princess Ashe, the one and only heir to the throne, devotes herself to the resistance to liberate her country. Vaan, a young man who lost his family in the war, dreams of flying freely in the skies. In a fight for freedom and fallen royalty, join these unlikely allies and their companions as they embark on a heroic adventure to free their homeland.

Features

Includes several all-new enhanced gameplay features:

- The Zodiac Job System – Improved character leveling system that now caters to the player’s preference

- Trial Mode – Take on monsters and enemies in up to 100 consecutive battles

- Speed Mode

- Latest-generation high-definition graphical capabilities, including characters and movie scenes fully remastered in high-definition.

- True 7.1 surround sound, including high-definition voicing and newly recorded background music utilizing the current generation of sound production.

- Option to switch between the original and the newly remastered soundtrack.

- New trial mode where players can take on monsters and enemies in up to 100 successive battles

- Modern gameplay advancements including PlayStation 4 system trophy support and share functionalities, auto-save and shortened loading times

- An endless amount of gameplay and adventure including hunts, battles, and mini-games

Staff

Producer: Hiroaki Kato
Director: Takashi Katano
Art Direction: Ryotaro Takahashi (CGStyle)
Technical Direction: Seiki Iwamura
Game Design: Jun Akiyama
Composer: Hitoshi Sakimoto (Basiscape)
Music Editor: Keiji Kawamori
Sound Effect Direction: Tomohiro Yajima
Movie Direction: Kazuyuki Ikumori
Supervisor: Hiroyuki Ito, Hiroshi Minagawa

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/final-fantasy-xii-zodiac-age-announced-ps4

http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/june-6-2016/Final-Fantasy-XII-The-Zodiac-Age_2016_06-06-16_001.jpg
http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/june-6-2016/Final-Fantasy-XII-The-Zodiac-Age_2016_06-06-16_002.jpg
http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/june-6-2016/Final-Fantasy-XII-The-Zodiac-Age_2016_06-06-16_003.jpg
http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/june-6-2016/Final-Fantasy-XII-The-Zodiac-Age_2016_06-06-16_004.jpg
http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/june-6-2016/Final-Fantasy-XII-The-Zodiac-Age_2016_06-06-16_005.jpg

Drunken Savior
06-06-2016, 01:35 PM
My favorite Post PS FF game! I hope it comes to PC too (history is on my side), but I might just pick it up for PS4 anyways. I played it through on an emulator to play it in HD, but text and textures are always a problem with even emulators. This looks amazing.

superRSXs
06-06-2016, 09:02 PM
let's just hope FF XV is worth the 200 year wait. FF XII was a great title and somewhat like Vagrant Story was a direction I wish SE would've explored further (instead of FF XIII's uninspired system) but the issue with updates as opposed to a "remake" ala FF VII is that no matter how updated it is the visuals look dated.

Not a really fair comparison but somewhat like FF Type 0 (PSP --> PS4).

Why not bring a real classic (FF IV, V, VI) into the HD realm instead if we're going to milk old titles?

Einhander
06-07-2016, 04:02 AM
The second worst FF game is getting a re-release and we don't even get a fucking disc release of I am Setsuna? What a load of bullshit.

Also, PEE CEE PEE CEE PEE CEE IF IT DOESN'T COME ON PEE CEE, IT'S HOSTAGEWARE

Drunken Savior
06-07-2016, 06:14 AM
LOL, you are so adorable, Einhander. :)

Oh and thanks for reminding me about I am Setsuna! I added it to my Steam wish list. Thank you! :)

Nem
06-07-2016, 06:27 AM
I'm pretty bummed its not coming to the Vita.

This was one of the few FF's i couldn't finish. It got way waay bored. I dunno if i will give it another go. Theres alot of RPG's on the way and i can't say this is on the top of the PS4 list.

Escaflowne2001
06-07-2016, 06:50 AM
Not one of my fav's the characters were pretty dull but the battle system was fun. Most likely give it another try at some point.

Einhander
06-07-2016, 07:24 AM
LOL, you are so adorable, Einhander. :)

Oh and thanks for reminding me about I am Setsuna! I added it to my Steam wish list. Thank you! :)

People like you are the ones ruining gaming.

Drunken Savior
06-07-2016, 07:40 AM
Simple adorable how you can just be antagonized over anything. :)

Love yea, buddy! <3

Rubeus
06-07-2016, 12:26 PM
jnkfHNPMOJY

Drunken Savior
06-07-2016, 01:26 PM
Eh, not too impressed by that video. But youtube's compression can make anything look like garbage. The images above look better, but they aren't at 1080p.

Einhander
06-07-2016, 06:31 PM
Eh, not too impressed by that video. But youtube's compression can make anything look like garbage. The images above look better, but they aren't at 1080p.

If it's not 300 fps and and 1400p, it's literally and objectively unplayable!

Ernst
06-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Really didn't like this game. This is the one where they decided they wouldn't even bother with compelling characters/ an intriguing story.

superRSXs
06-08-2016, 10:46 PM
guys, totally going to derail from the topic, but is Alucard and Paper Exe still around the forums? It's been quite a few years since I've visited the site and it's good seeing some of you guys still around.

Drunken Savior
06-09-2016, 06:39 AM
Alucard, no. Paper, very rarely.

stroopwafel
06-09-2016, 08:52 AM
Enjoyed this game when it came out. Battle system felt like programming some sort of auto mode which was quite fun(atleast at the time as a change of pace from traditional menu driven combat). Storyline had more emphasis on the political context and setting instead of the usual FF character tropes which was also pretty cool. All in all pretty good even if I don't think I'll replay it any time soon. :p

Nem
06-09-2016, 12:01 PM
jnkfHNPMOJY

You know... it annoys me till this day. What the hell is wrong with Van's abs? I mean seriously? That is just weird looking. Are they going inward instead of outward? Are they simply a bad 2D texture?
It freaks the hell out of me.

Doesn't look like they are fixing it too.

Drunken Savior
06-10-2016, 12:26 AM
LOL Yeah, it's like the texture's intended shadowing is reversed.

RYU
06-11-2016, 02:55 AM
this 2nd worst FF I had to play,first is FF13.