PDA

View Full Version : Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers PS4 English version launches August 5 in Asia

Rubeus
05-16-2016, 07:30 PM
Why don't they release it as digital in North America? But at least you can import it.

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/SRWOGMD-PS4-Aug-5-Asia-600x651.jpg

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/SRWOG-Moon-Dwellers-Eng-PV2.jpg

5JG_Owh8NpQ

Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers PS4 English version launches August 5 in Asia

Super Robot Wars 25th anniversary game dated.

The English version of Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers will launch for PlayStation 4 in Asia on August 5, Bandai Namco announced.

To celebrate the Super Robot Wars series’ 25th anniversary, Bandai Namco is giving one fan (in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, the Phillppines, or Indonesia) the chance to win a trip to the Super Robot Wars 25th anniversary event in June. If you’re in the applicable area, apply here.

In Japan, Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers is due out for both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 on June 30.

If you missed it, catch the latest Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers English trailer here.

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/super-robot-wars-og-moon-dwellers-ps4-english-version-launches-august-5-asia

superRSXs
05-24-2016, 10:59 AM
as it is an OG release without the licensing issues plaguing the others, why not just erase the Japanese, make the English font bigger, and make it a Asia/North America/Europe release?

Even if limited quantities ship it would make for decent promotion of the SRW series and maybe help a series that is becoming more niche. As a guy that played on the original Gameboy, it's disappointing to see one of my favorite franchises go into decline.

spider-prime
05-24-2016, 01:19 PM
Probably just cause the only few games they did release over here they didn't sell in NA.

Bandai shut down shop in NA too and they are only making these for the other Asian countries that do want the game cause they do sell over there.

Escaflowne2001
05-25-2016, 07:02 AM
Gundam Vs. on the PSV is coming over in a couple of months in NA/EU. I expect Gundam Breaker 3 and SRW OG to follow at some point since there already in English.

spider-prime
05-25-2016, 03:44 PM
I just hope this is the first of the Asian version of SRW to be in English. I will import them all if so.

Nem
05-26-2016, 07:35 AM
I have to say... WTF is this? This plot sounds like a Gundam anime, wich is fine... but where is the game? All i saw were poor 2D animated cinematic scenes. Err... just make an anime?!

superRSXs
05-28-2016, 10:36 AM
I hear you Nem, but as everyone can clearly see by sales numbers (they aren't spectacular) the SRW series isn't for everyone...

I played on the original Gameboy when Banpresto was still around and my love for many things mecha and the nostalgia is what keeps me around.

that being said, I need to change my signature...I was a bit more active here during my college years and to think that the Predator Mania was all the way back in 2002...don't worry kids, I currently have a pair of Mercurial Vapor X's so I'm actually not wearing cleats that are 16 years old.

...or maybe I'll keep it the way it is.