PDA

View Full Version : Sega “investigating” Shenmue I and II remasters

Rubeus
05-11-2016, 08:17 PM
Sure it's easy money for Sega, why wouldn't they do it?

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Shenmue-HD-Remasters-Investigating.jpg

Sega “investigating” Shenmue I and II remasters - the flame of hope burns bright.

Sega is “currently investigating” how to make Shenmue and Shenmue II HD remasters a reality, the latest Sega Central video reveals.

Answering a fan question about whether the two remasters could ever happen, Sega community manager Dan Sheridan responded in the video: “With regards to Shenmue I and II HD, of course we would love to release these tomorrow. Sadly, it’s not as simple as porting the games to current platforms as we will need to ensure that any HD remaster lives up to the quality of the original titles. And with games as immersive as Shenmue I and II, there are further complications from licensed products that were included in the original games. That said, we’d love to do it and are currently investigating how to make it a reality.”

The latest entry in the series, Shenmue III, is estimated for release across PlayStation 4 and PC in December 2017.

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/sega-investigating-shenmue-i-ii-remasters

Joe Redifer
05-11-2016, 10:43 PM
Why wouldn't they? Because they're stupid. What was licensed in the first game? The Tomato Convenience Store? Nothing American I don't think.

Hagane
05-11-2016, 11:44 PM
Probably they are still traumatized because they produced two of the most expensive games of their time with little success.

They won't go for such thing again so if people wanted another sequel then they should pay for it and buy it.

Maybe another kickstarter...

Jokes aside. I would actually like to see this for real.

It was so exciting to talk to people just to tell me to fux off, asking for sailors, races in cargo trucks, playing hang-on and risking to cause a paradox by taking out a Sega Saturn.

Ernst
05-12-2016, 04:29 AM
Probably they are still traumatized because they produced two of the most expensive games of their time with little success.

They won't go for such thing again so if people wanted another sequel then they should pay for it and buy it.

Maybe another kickstarter...

Jokes aside. I would actually like to see this for real.

It was so exciting to talk to people just to tell me to fux off, asking for sailors, races in cargo trucks, playing hang-on and risking to cause a paradox by taking out a Sega Saturn.

Hahaha. The memories.