PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft dropping out of console market?

Tickletot
04-16-2016, 12:55 PM
Microsoft just merged their console and windows quarters, Lots of people are thinking that they might be dropping out of the console market and going full PC. You can play all of their games on PC anyways and they don't have console exclusives like Nintendo does.

What are your personal thoughts about this rumor? Is Microsoft dropping out of the console market? :eek:

Nem
04-16-2016, 03:59 PM
They are not putting all their eggs in one basket is what i think. They know they have the upper hand with windows 10 and in good microsoft fashion, they will do what they can to abuse it.

Rubeus
04-17-2016, 02:06 AM
Maybe they want the to release a machine that can play both Windows and Xbox One games, that will give they instant advantage over PS4.

Escaflowne2001
04-17-2016, 03:09 AM
I think they don't really know what they want to do and don't want it concentrate to much on one thing in case it goes wrong. Still the XB1 is doing well just not compared to the PS4.

Reality
04-17-2016, 10:35 PM
I think it was on Yahoo business when I read that top staff in Microsoft's HQ wanted to cancel out the Xbox One during all the negative press it received at its E3 Reveal. The major reason being that its still a massive money pit. Its business is burning cash all cash put into it.

While studios and even Microsoft make profits to pay for game development its still a system they are losing billions in. It was a Bill Gates vision thats just not turning into a Monopoly.

Maybe if gamers were cool with Microsoft's terms and conditions during the system's first reveal than these 1% Executives would see promise. I honestly believe thats what they were wanting to do for a while now. Control the living room. Make a console thats pretty much iTunes in a box. A locked platform, heavy DRM, ridiculous restrictions, and we all be accepting of it.

spider-prime
04-17-2016, 11:10 PM
I rather sell my soul than buy another Xbox!

Einhander
04-20-2016, 01:33 AM
I'd rather sell my soul than game on shitty peesee!

spider-prime
04-20-2016, 09:44 AM
But you must! I have 1 million dollars worth of games on origin I'm going to give you!

Ernst
04-20-2016, 02:06 PM
I don't really have the knowledge to comment but I can say that out of principle I've never bought an X Box. I hate what they've done to the gaming market.

Escaflowne2001
04-20-2016, 02:44 PM
My tastes have changed in recent years and I now play the Xbox and PC more then any other devices.

Drunken Savior
04-20-2016, 09:17 PM
I don't really have the knowledge to comment but I can say that out of principle I've never bought an X Box. I hate what they've done to the gaming market.

Show us on the doll where Xbox touched you.

My tastes have changed in recent years and I now play the Xbox and PC more then any other devices.

<3 I seriously see you playing games all the time. I'm super jelly. Most of my 'recent activity' is of your purchases, haha!