PDA

View Full Version : Lunar And Grandia Appear On Steam Database

Rubeus
12-10-2015, 06:27 PM
Never played either games, but they should work perfectly fine on emulators too.

http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/131955lunar_thumb.jpg

There’s been plenty of reports about potential Steam releases through titles discovered on Steam Database through SteamDB, but fans of classic RPGs might be interested to know that Lunar and Grandia have appeared as the two latest findings.

While this isn’t a certain indication that Grandia and Lunar are headed to Steam, keep in mind that GungHo Entertainment, parent company of JRPG developer Game Arts who made the Lunar and Grandia games, recently asked fans which JRPGs they’d like to see on PC. The publishers have also acknowledged the SteamDB posting.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/10/lunar-and-grandia-appear-on-steam-database/

Escaflowne2001
12-14-2015, 08:26 AM
Makes sense don't think I could would play Grandia 1 or Lunar 1 again though played them to much. Played so many different versions of Lunar 1.

spider-prime
12-14-2015, 08:36 AM
I think I have all versions of Lunar lol, I love my Galeon boxing puppet I have.

Nem
12-14-2015, 11:28 PM
I really want the Grandia series to come back. Such great games. That combat system is still the best, and i remember the eating scenes aswell, wich were Hrandia's version of the Tales skits.

Why did they stop making them? :(

Grandia 3 wasnt that bad to warrant the end of the series. It was still great, just not as original as the first 2.

Anyways, fingers crossed for Grandia 4. No reason not to do it with PS4's sucess and the resurgence of JRPG's.

Lunar though... is sadly dead. They messed it up too much and the formula got repetitive after the second game. The second game i thought was brilliant, but i think its a 90's kind of formula that unfortunely doesnt work anymore cause everything has to be gritty and serious now. I don't see romantic stories working anymore.

Escaflowne2001
12-15-2015, 09:23 AM
Enix/SquareEnix financed Grandia Xtreme and Grandia 3 but since GameArts have been brought out by GungHo. They don't seem interested in much anymore. Game Arts, Acquire and Grasshopper all seem to be wasting away.

Nem
12-15-2015, 04:50 PM
Well, i think they know we want more Grandia. These releases are market tests.

But seriously, even GungHo should want GameArts to work on Grandia, its their biggest selling franchise and Ragnarok Odyssey... well... isn't.
Dont think they have announced anything new since Ragnarok Odyssey Ace. Fingers crossed.