PDA

View Full Version : Do you want original Xbox game backward compatibility? 'Nothing's impossible'

Rubeus
11-25-2015, 03:18 PM
That would be interesting, then Xbox One will be able to play all 3 generation games. :)

http://www.destructoid.com//ul/322466-xbox-1st-gen-26lc-800.jpg

Do you want original Xbox game backward compatibility? Xbox says 'nothing's impossible'

Could be 'challenging'

Responding to questions about backwards compatibility for original Xbox games, Xbox engineering lead Mike Ybarra says that while it may be "challenging", "nothing's impossible".

"We're not looking at original Xbox games on Xbox One yet," Ybarra said, speaking on The Inner Circle podcast (via Gamespot).

"Right now the focus is making more Xbox 360 games work. [It would be] certainly very challenging. Getting Xbox 360 games to work was incredibly challenging and really a multi-year engineering investment. Going all the way back to the original certainly would challenge the team."

"Nothing's impossible," he added. "I'm sure they would love that one as an opportunity to go look at."

As a reminder, backward compatibility launched across Xbox One on November 12, 2015.

http://www.destructoid.com/do-you-want-original-xbox-game-backward-compatibility-xbox-says-nothing-s-impossible--322466.phtml

BlindMaphisto
11-25-2015, 03:22 PM
They should just release an open source pc emulator for xbox.

Joe Redifer
11-27-2015, 10:18 PM
Yes I want to play Xbox 1 games on my Xbone.

Also, it's weird when people refer to "Xbox" as a company. Shouldn't they say MicroSoft instead? Sounds so much better. "Want a new StarFox game? Super Nintendo says it's in the works but doesn't have a date for release." "I work for PlayStation". "Neo Geo says the biggest MEGA POWER cart will be released soon". "I applied to work at Genesis, but Game Gear hired me instead."

Drunken Savior
11-28-2015, 04:18 AM
I like Microsoft in the runner up position (bringing back backwards capability) way more than I do when they are ontop (always online DRM XBox One). I think it's good for the consoles.

Escaflowne2001
11-28-2015, 08:51 AM
I still really want to play Phantom Dust on the Xbox but there isn't a decent emulator on the PC for the Xbox I don't think. Like there is for the PS2.