PDA

View Full Version : Are u a fanboy>?

hootie17
05-20-2002, 09:06 PM
im a Rpg fanboy

Overlord
05-20-2002, 09:11 PM
I'm not any console fanboy. I'm pretty open-minded. Though I may turn into a PC fanboy. Can't stand Macs.

Black Ace
05-20-2002, 09:17 PM
I hope no one's here a fanboy. They're arrogant and stupid.

hootie17
05-20-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Bill
I hope no one's here a fanboy. They're arrogant and stupid.
we are not arrogant and stupid, we merely have a prefrence.

ATMA
05-21-2002, 04:42 PM
i like most of the japanese genre does that makes me a fanboy ???..:confused:

grahf
05-22-2002, 08:44 AM
If hating the Xbox with a passion makes me a fanboy, then yes, I suppose I am a fanboy. Although a fanboy to which system, I don't really know. I equally like all the systems out there and hope that they all succeed, but I just can't say the same thing regarding the Xbox. I don't what exactly about it that I don't like, but I just know I don't like it...

Well people can have preferences, and that doesn't necessarily make them bias.

hootie17
05-22-2002, 09:54 PM
i too used to hate the box, now im considering gettin it, b/c it is the only next gen console i don't own.

k0ach
05-23-2002, 01:12 AM
what do you mean by fanboy (and what's with all the posts hootie!? trying to boost your status or something). if you mean a loser who all he does is worship something all day (star trek/ videogames/ dungeons and dragons) than i hate fanboys and they should all be stopped. that's what i think of when i hear the term fanboy.

ATMA
05-27-2002, 02:20 AM
What is the meaning of fanboy, how did it start anyway??It doesn't make any sense to me!!Anyone can explain what that word means??

Overlord
05-27-2002, 02:30 AM
The word "Fanboy" has been used with powerful hatred and passion in the "gaming community" It basically labels someone for being bais towards something. Like a console. But eventually, they evolved. Though evoultions is usually a good thing. Not this time. "Fanboy's" turned in to "bashers", "flamers", and "trolls". Not all, but the majority. They would put down other consoles every chance they have. My definition for a console fanboy, is people who can only afford one console. And they feel that they have to protect it or whatever. Insecruity perhaps. Being a fanboy wasn't always a bad thing, I think.

...Though thats only the Console Fanboy's. There are other types.

ATMA
05-27-2002, 02:36 AM
I see...okay it's wrong to trash other consoles,But is it wrong to fight for what you believe in?I mean if you believe that ps2 or cube or x-box is the best that's your opinion right ??So no one can take that away,they can argue about it, but no need to label someone with a certain type of name right ?But that person might also be wrong to trash other consoles that's true!
But i think it's worst to label someone just because he/she said their opinions!!

Overlord
05-27-2002, 02:42 AM
Thats why it's sometimes better to keep your opinions to your self. But this a message board. Evolved-Fanboys don't use their opinons like everyone else. Remember dream4colin? They just try to start a fight. It's inevitable.

...Nothing wrong in having your own opinion. Just don't start a fight over it.

ATMA
05-27-2002, 02:51 AM
Yep That's true!!Well to bad people can easly start a war on a forum,I like this forum alot i've learned alot and i hope it keeps growing but with just good posters*HEROIC MELODY STARTS TO PLAY* real GAMERS not hooligans,real gamers that post interesting threads and respect others opinion and argue about it not insulting the other just because he/she said this or that about this or that!!!AND MOST IMPORTANT GAMERS WITH SENSE OF HOMOUR!!!!*HEROIC MELODY ENDS*

PS:I STILL CAN'T LICK MY DAMN ELBOWS!!!:D

Overlord
05-27-2002, 02:59 AM
The MagicBox forums is still really young. TheMagicBox.com has well over a million hits. So we will be having more posters soon. But it's a great community so far.

...I wonder if anyone ripped their arms off, after reading my thread? Explains why we don't have that many posters...

Zwerchfell
05-29-2002, 02:22 PM
I'm honest, I'm a Nintendo Fanboy :D

Darren
05-29-2002, 05:09 PM
Nope I just play games.

typexig
05-30-2002, 06:35 PM
i am also open-minded..i like all the consoles..even though sometimes my post seems like im hating the xbox, im just giving my opinion.. but i dont hate the xbox, ama buy it sometimes this year when i get the money..=)..i like this board.. i used to go to other boards, but they werent that great, they were boring.. but this board is tight.. the people are great, we have many great poster, and we also have a great mods...=)

-Xig-

ATMA
05-30-2002, 06:46 PM
*blushing*

Overlord
05-30-2002, 06:51 PM
typexig:
i like this board.. i used to go to other boards, but they werent that great, they were boring.. but this board is tight.. the people are great, we have many great poster, and we also have a great mods...=)

True dat. But that comment makes you sound like a MagicBox Fanboy, huh?

typexig
05-31-2002, 04:58 AM
lol..damnit..haha i guess i am..but i dont want too..haha..how can i stop? please help me!!..=)

-Xig-

typexig
05-31-2002, 05:05 AM
but i dont hate the other board.. is just that, the other people on the other board are not as active as the one here. and in other boards, theres to many haterzzz, gamers hating on other gamers cuz they think one system is better than the other.and people hating on other people arent my type.. i dont go on saying "ohh this board sucks..blah blah.."do that still makes me sound like a fanboy??..cuz if did..then this sucks for me..haha...oh well..but i still come in peace...=)

-Xig-

ATMA
05-31-2002, 08:46 AM
Now what you mean XIG!!Before i sign up on this board i saw some other boards!!:( yikes ,it's like people were just going there to hate eachother instead of talking about games,guess they choose it that way!!Well anyway I guess MAGIC BOX is real MAGICAL!!!
No hating,only people with sense of homour and people that always brings up some good point of view on certain things!!Keep it up ya'll!!
ps:even though i don't reply on all message but i read them all!((and not to edit or something))just because i'm interesting in what you have to say that's all):D

-Your friendly neighborhood ATMA-