PDA

View Full Version : "I've Never Felt More Isolated," Says Billionaire Minecraft Creator

Rubeus
09-02-2015, 02:50 PM
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/screen_medium/1179/11799911/2930377-notch.jpg

Markus "Notch" Persson has opened up about his emotional state following his decision to sell Minecraft to Microsoft to the tune of $2.5 billion. In short, he's not having the best time.

In a series of tweets on Saturday, the billionaire Persson--who outbid Jay-Z and Beyonce for a $70 million Beverly Hills mansion and partied with Selena Gomez--said he's feeling lonely. He also says he's wary to use his wealth to do what Elon Musk has done and branch out into new industries.

In the flurry of tweets, Persson also laments how the team that remains at Mojang aren't fans of his. "When we sold the company, the biggest effort went into making sure the employees got taken care of," he said. "And they all hate me now."

Persson--a self-described introvert--capped off his thoughts by thanking people for their messages of support, and said he's optimistic that his outlook will improve.

For more, check out CNET's editorial: "Billionaire who sold Minecraft to Microsoft is sad and lonely."

Previously, Persson said he kind of felt like a "sellout" for selling Minecraft to Microsoft. Persson reportedly had a 70 percent stake in Mojang, meaning he made around $1.75 billion from the sale.

* The problem with getting everything is you run out of reasons to keep trying, and human interaction becomes impossible due to imbalance.
— Markus Persson (@notch) August 29, 2015

* Hanging out in ibiza with a bunch of friends and partying with famous people, able to do whatever I want, and I've never felt more isolated.

* In sweden, I will sit around and wait for my friends with jobs and families to have time to do shit, watching my reflection in the monitor.

* When we sold the company, the biggest effort went into making sure the employees got taken care of, and they all hate me now.

* Found a great girl, but she's afraid of me and my life style and went with a normal person instead.

* I would Musk and try to save the world, but that just exposes me to the same type of assholes that made me sell minecraft again.

* People who made sudden success are telling me this is normal and will pass. That's good to know! I guess I'll take a shower then!

* I really appreciate all the offers to hang and talk and all. As an introvert, new friends is hard to do even when fine, but it means a lot!

* And just venting and not feeling like I had to hide made it feel a bit easier to cope with already. ❤

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ive-never-felt-more-isolated-says-billionaire-mine/1100-6430171/

Reality
09-03-2015, 12:44 AM
To be honest I am one of those people who felt he is a sell out. If he didn't want to run the company anymore than let someone else step in. To just sell out to massive corporation just says "I did it for the money. Not for the company". http://i.imgur.com/67M67d2.gif

spider-prime
09-03-2015, 06:48 AM
But, could you really turn down 1.75 billion dollars?
I know I wouldn't.

He could just use the money to make another studio and bring his friends from Mojang with him.... but yah, he seems like the loser type of guy that would rather party with Selena Gomez to seem cool.

FinalSolace2
09-03-2015, 07:52 AM
But, could you really turn down 1.75 billion dollars?
I know I wouldn't.

He could just use the money to make another studio and bring his friends from Mojang with him.... but yah, he seems like the loser type of guy that would rather party with Selena Gomez to seem cool.

He sold out, and the value of minecraft is worth way more than that figure of $1.75

spider-prime
09-03-2015, 09:56 AM
I would call anyone stupid for not accepting a deal of over 1 billion dollars! But, what you would do afterwards will still get me calling you stupid.

Paper exe
09-03-2015, 10:11 AM
i don't get it. if Microsoft owns mincraft, how-come it released one every console including the vita!

or they just bought the developers? if so then that was idiotic of them and a wast of 2 billion.

Escaflowne2001
09-03-2015, 11:52 AM
It was already on all the consoles before they brought it. So they may as well keep making money from it.

Sounds like he has a bad case of depression honestly.

Rubeus
09-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Sounds like it was triggered by the woman who dumped him for a regular guy. :lol:

Escaflowne2001
09-03-2015, 04:44 PM
He sounds like a very shy person to be honest and suddenly becoming well known because Minecraft become so popular. Probably more so then they ever imagined. Would be very difficult to deal with I would think.

spider-prime
09-03-2015, 08:02 PM
He sounds like a very shy person to be honest and suddenly becoming well known because Minecraft become so popular. Probably more so then they ever imagined. Would be very difficult to deal with I would think.

Not for me, I would go buy a private island and put my mansion on there!

Ernst
09-04-2015, 02:16 PM
I'd happily switch places.

Escaflowne2001
09-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Money and fame have destroyed many people.

Nem
09-04-2015, 08:43 PM
I'd happily switch places.

This.

Go cry me a river. If you dont want the money, why did you get it? If you did want it, then live with it.

FinalSolace2
09-04-2015, 10:38 PM
he could buy women, for 1 billion he could date julia ann, and for .6 billion he could invent a way to grow a 9 inch penis and for a couple thousands get a top notch tummy tuck by raul castro in cuba. he could even hire the guy who invented the 'insane' training program and invest in snoop dog vape sticks and hold promo parties in alp snow resorts with a bevy of russian babes. seriously why is he such a lame pussy

spider-prime
09-05-2015, 07:59 AM
This.

Go cry me a river. If you dont want the money, why did you get it? If you did want it, then live with it.

Exactly.

Wah wah wah is all I hear from him. Many people would love to be in his position.

If he doesn't want it for himself, go out and help people with it. There are people who can't even afford to pay for cancer treatments for one example.

Escaflowne2001
09-05-2015, 08:02 AM
The money isn't the problem that he moaning about it's the fame that goes with making this game. That turned out far more popular then anyone expected.

Ernst
09-05-2015, 11:45 AM
I'd take it all. You say money and fame have destroyed a lot of people, but poverty and destitution have destroyed more. People from all walks of life get destroyed by their circumstances. So with that being the case, I'd rather take on his risks with all the rewards that come with them.

I do have some sympathy with his dilemma though. The question of what's left when you have everything. When you escape the conventions of, well, our whole civilisation, what do you actually do with your life? I guess all that's left with that power is to do something that actually progresses society - but that takes a truly special person. And if you can't do that, I guess you just rot away or self-destruct.

zechin
09-05-2015, 04:22 PM
It's like that old saying, 'those with a why can bear almost any how'.

Like most others, I'd like to have that money and live a content free lazy life. But if it's not one thing it's another, such is life!

FinalSolace2
09-05-2015, 10:17 PM
It's like that old saying, 'those with a why can bear almost any how'.

Like most others, I'd like to have that money and live a content free lazy life. But if it's not one thing it's another, such is life!

'those with a why can bear almost any how'.???????

i'm drunk, and thats some cryptic shit mofo.

zechin
09-06-2015, 03:47 AM
I've out cryptic the crypticer!

stroopwafel
09-08-2015, 01:06 PM
I'd take it all. You say money and fame have destroyed a lot of people, but poverty and destitution have destroyed more. People from all walks of life get destroyed by their circumstances. So with that being the case, I'd rather take on his risks with all the rewards that come with them.

If you're a depressed, anxious wreck than obviously a billion dollars isn't going to make you all stable and happy overnight. Primarily b/c as you say you're freed from the shackles of society and any kind of routine and structure that comes with it.

However if you're an already stable and (relatively) happy person than I can't think of any bigger relief than giving society the finger with your fortune. :p I'd buy my own private island as well. :p

spider-prime
09-08-2015, 01:29 PM
I know a billion dollars would help me. I would build a underground base! But when I finally come out of the hole, I will only come out dressed like this!

http://cdn1.sciencefiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/mole-man-by-jack-kirby.jpg

So many fun things you can do with 1 BILLION DOLLARS! If he can't figure that out, he is soooo living life wrong.