PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 as a DVR for xbox 360 and ps3 and ps4 via xboxone.

BlindMaphisto
08-02-2015, 12:43 PM
Do you own too many game playing devices and want to make them join into an unholy union to make game videos? Well now you can.

You can use the xbox1 tv in hdmi functionality to record other consoles with hdmi. Anyway it was just something cool I came across and thought I would share.

Drunken Savior
08-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Plugging a Sony console into an X1? Sounds dirty...

Joe Redifer
08-03-2015, 05:17 AM
I like using the DVR to timeshift my gameplay. Being a busy working adult keeping up with the 00's I just don't have the time to play as many games any more. So I like to watch myself play games on my DVR at MY convenience. That's me playing by my own rules. Asserting my own independence. My games, my choice, my time. Xbone DVR.

IoriYagami n8
08-05-2015, 01:16 AM
I would just prefer to use the DVR for TV. I won't need to fork over a monthly fee for a "DVR" package to my cable company. The fact that I can stream the DVR stuff to a Windows 10 device is a bonus. The only question is if I stream a DVR show to my PC, can my wife still watch something else?

I've enjoyed being able to stream Xbox One games on a laptop and take it into other rooms. If my wife wants to watch Netflix in the living room, she can do it on the Wii U and the HDTV. I can then just stream Xbox One to the office or bedroom and play without having to unhook a bunch of junk. Works great.

The only disadvantage is that the Xbox One itself doesn't multitask. It would be perfect if my wife could watch cable and the Xbox One would stream a game in the background to my PC. If DVR works like that where I can watch a show in the office while my wife uses the Xbox One that would be perfect.

Microsoft has been making some really great strides in features all around. Windows 10 is looking like a big win and has had a lot of great press. I'm finally starting to feel like my devices are connecting in a way that I actual use or give a damn about and not some pointless crap where I can control my Xbox from my phone.

spider-prime
08-05-2015, 01:20 AM
IORI *MINDBLOWN*

SavedFromSin
08-06-2015, 11:16 PM
I read online today that this only works with an external HD. So, there's that.

BlindMaphisto
08-11-2015, 03:19 PM
I read online today that this only works with an external HD. So, there's that.

I think you might be thinking of the upcoming dvr capabilities they are going to give the xbone that they announced at gamecon. Although I didn't hear anything about that needing an external hard drive.

bujeezus
08-13-2015, 02:23 PM
Skynet is coming...