PDA

View Full Version : World is Flat!! :Mind Explodes:

FinalSolace2
05-27-2015, 06:52 PM
VNqNnUJVcVs

javi
05-29-2015, 09:36 PM
I stopped at the 6 minute mark. I already didn't believe him, but I couldn't continue any further when he said that the photos of the earth from space is all "fabricated."

Drunken Savior
05-29-2015, 09:40 PM
I'm afraid I'm going to get a case of retarditis if I watch this...

FinalSolace2
05-29-2015, 09:58 PM
Watch the video to the end its interesting none the less.

the theories hinge on an alteration to our perception of relativity. like the logic of how to turn a sphere inside out, which is mathematically and logically possible.

javi
05-29-2015, 11:56 PM
I'm afraid I'm going to get a case of retarditis if I watch this...

Yeah, and to be honest, I don't think those who agree with this guy is worthy of knowing the facts. If anyone wants to convince me or prove me wrong about this, don't bother. I won't even click on this page after this.

FinalSolace2
05-30-2015, 10:36 AM
I'm not taking it completely seriously although its shown to be not 'completely' absurd (which it isn't)- but its interesting how we carry around our own particular brands of orthodoxy.

In the infantile age of European civilisation 'we' believed that the universe revolved around the earth?

scientifically its a poor definition.

even if we did go back to that standard to mean we are the only life in the universe, or admiral mensk leads a terran uprising across the stars with earth as the centre or whatever, its just an orthodoxy.

everything depends on the position of the observer.

new ideas are always met with violent opposition and suppressed, look what happened to Galileo and Copernicus. Its a good thing Einstein was never locked up- but then again, he did come to prominence during a world war- where all orthodoxy is challenged.

9XxOlt2AfCw

perspective is the most important thing of learning.

we only have the solar system diagrammatic as a result of gravity relations, but when you try and picture the motion of it as if you were observing from the moon it would more look like 'twister' in slow motion observed over days weeks and months.

its like gold fish staring at the poster laminate of the coral reef stuck to the back of its fishtank

http://www.carouselfun.com/Funfair-Rides/twist2.jpg

we only have the solar system diagrammatic as a result of gravity relations, but when you try and picture the motion of it as if you were observing from the moon it would more look like 'twister' in slow motion observed over days weeks and months.

its like gold fish staring at the poster laminate of the coral reef stuck to the back of its fishtank

progmetal
06-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Didn't know that Kansas is flatter than a pancake.