PDA

View Full Version : 1080: Avalanche is finished

Black Ace
02-12-2003, 11:15 PM
Though the game won't come out until later this year, Nintendo's 1080: Avalanche is finished. Now, for the first time since Cube Clubs several months ago, you can see new videos and screenshots of the game in motion.
Developed by NST, 1080: Avalanche features an updated look from the original N64 game, all new tracks, and a comprehensive 'avalanche' mode in which level geometry breaks and crumbles after riders as they soar along on their boards. The game's visuals have in the past been criticized as being barely changed from the outdated cartridge title.
http://cube.ign.com/articles/385/385978p1.html

So whats taking Nintendo so long to release it? :o

Though the game looks like ass. :sing:

Kid0_oIcarus
02-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Um.. wtf?

Hopefully the game looks much much better in the end? At least give it sharper visuals?

This DOES look like ass

I'm not so sure even the "avalanche" mode will save it if it really looks this bad... looks like an N64 game...

Mutter
02-13-2003, 12:26 PM
Maybe they are adding online options? They may want to see how online gaming is shaping up, plus the technicalities of putting it online, and possibly its been pushed back to coincide with other 1st party online games, to make a very strong online line-up.

Hemmorrhoid
02-13-2003, 04:18 PM
WTF wher Nintendo thinking ;)

WHy do they mess up a game, finish it, and dont release it?

baratus
02-13-2003, 05:35 PM
Is just what I'm always saying. Nintendo always sacrifices graphics at the expense of gameplay, is plain stupid in my opinion, this kind of thing sometimes make me think that, of all three systems, the GC is the most inferior when it comes to visuals.
I understand their point but I just can't enjoy a game with those crappy graphics, no matter how good the gameplay is.

Reality
02-13-2003, 05:41 PM
What, it's done? O_o and it looks like that. Even if it does have online plans they best polish that up.

Appsaa
02-13-2003, 06:55 PM
The original 1080 was ho-hum anyways.. I really don't give a shit about this game.. there are much better snow boarding games available

Hemmorrhoid
02-14-2003, 01:27 PM
what are nintendo thinking
are they waiting to release this game until the superior and graphically much more impressive Amped 2 gets released and probably another SSX which ought to look better aswell?

Why dont they friggin release it now where theres a need for a race type game, WTF ARE THEY THINKING THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS

Kid0_oIcarus
02-18-2003, 09:04 AM
Actually the video of it that came on the Zelda pre-order bonus disc looks a whole lot better. It actually looks like GC game now..

I still want it to look even better though.. who knows. It may surprise us all!