PDA

View Full Version : Elite: Dangerous

Drunken Savior
12-22-2014, 08:40 PM
With Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous...it seems that space 'sims' are coming back into center stage within the PC community. These games are extremely complex and require a lot of familiarity with the controls.

I purchased Elite: Dangerous (now that it's out of Beta and into 1.0) and have found it pretty damn impressive, if not a little devoid of things to do. I'm thoroughly impressed with the gameplay, graphics, SOUNDS, and scale. I'd like there to be more planetary exploration involved instead of just flying around but I hear that's coming. Also, it'd be more entertaining for me to have some kind of human factor...voice work, visual NPCs in the bases. It's a wholly impressive game.

I do know less about Star Citizen but I am keeping my eyes on it as well.

AC5klVkMqy0
He's using a program to allow voice commands and a HOTAS (Hands on Throttle and Stick) to play. This is just a simple mission where you go from A to B to drop off some stuff.

Reality
01-02-2015, 06:01 PM
This game sure has come a long way since the original teaser trailer. I am going to have to start following it now. I am really digging all these scifi games.

Joe Redifer
01-02-2015, 10:40 PM
Looks like you're driving through snow while in space.

FinalSolace2
02-07-2015, 09:40 PM
at close to the speed of light all you would see is a diffuse white blur on a black background in all directions. Looks more like Daytona USA