PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Freedom of Speech in the UK

Icarus4578
11-10-2014, 02:09 PM
It's the brainchild of Theresa May, the Home Secretary in David Cameron's government. May wants to introduce "extremism disruption orders", which, yes, are as terrifyingly authoritarian as they sound.

Last month, May unveiled her ambition to "eliminate extremism in all its forms." Whether you're a neo-Nazi or an Islamist, or just someone who says things which betray, in May's words, a lack of "respect for the rule of law" and "respect for minorities", then you could be served with an extremism disruption order (EDO).

Strikingly, EDOs will target even individuals who do not espouse or promote violence, which is already a crime in the U.K. As May says, "The problem that we have had is this distinction of saying we will only go after you if you are an extremist that directly supports violence. [This] has left the field open for extremists who know how not to step over the line." How telling that a leading British politician should be snotty about "this distinction" between speech and violence, between words and actions, which isn't actually some glitch in the legal system, as she seems to think, but rather is the foundation stone on which every free, democratic society ought to be built.

Once served with an EDO, you will be banned from publishing on the Internet, speaking in a public forum, or appearing on TV. To say something online, including just tweeting or posting on Facebook, you will need the permission of the police. There will be a "requirement to submit to the police in advance any proposed publication on the web, social media or print." That is, you will effectively need a licence from the state to speak, to publish, even to tweet, just as writers and poets did in the 1600s before the licensing of the press was swept away and modern, enlightened Britain was born (or so we thought).

What sort of people might find themselves branded "extremists" and thus forbidden from speaking in public? Anyone, really. The definition of extremist being bandied about by May and her colleagues is so sweeping that pretty much all individuals with outré or edgy views could potentially find themselves served with an EDO and no longer allowed to make any public utterance without government approval.

Full article here: http://reason.com/archives/2014/11/08/britain-poised-to-silence-extremist-spee

Paper exe
11-10-2014, 02:40 PM
R.I.P. Freedom of Speech in the UK
good riddance. who needs it?

FinalSolace2
11-10-2014, 07:00 PM
good riddance. who needs it?

Paper thats like the American colonies saying to Britain during the war of independance "come invade our land and stick a pineapple up every man woman and childs ass on this continent we want to be gagged!"'

free speech is the public- this is like fifty times worse than macarthyism.

Northeastmonk
11-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Paper thats like the American colonies saying to Britain during the war of independance "come invade our land and stick a pineapple up every man woman and childs ass on this continent we want to be gagged!"'

free speech is the public- this is like fifty times worse than macarthyism.

We would be locked up in jail and questioned on a daily basis without free speech. Who wants to be in jail because they spoke out against something online or in person? I've seen comedy shows that post "Protected by the First Amendment" in the title screen.

http://cojmc.unl.edu/firstamendment/funfacts.php

http://cojmc.unl.edu/firstamendment/images/firstamendment3.jpg

Drunken Savior
11-10-2014, 07:59 PM
Does this even have a rat's ass chance of passing? Or is this similar to the proposal to break up California into 6 separate states (http://www.newsweek.com/billionaire-proposes-splitting-california-six-states-259083) that everyone (and their dogsitters) knew was not going to happen?

FinalSolace2
11-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Does this even have a rat's ass chance of passing? Or is this similar to the proposal to break up California into 6 separate states (http://www.newsweek.com/billionaire-proposes-splitting-california-six-states-259083) that everyone (and their dogsitters) knew was not going to happen?

TBH there is a small chance it might not, take for instance Obama supporting the net neutrality bill in the teeth of the entire commercial industry and all its players.

There is one caveat- In the legal parlance, the internet is now to be defined as a utility- Just like your water, electricity, gas, etc.

It seems the vast majority of computer systems and networks are 'set up' with the bare minimum of resources to hold up during times of high load, enough that the slowdowns and crashes and bugs force maintenance to come in to repair, debug, re-install or replace, while for $2500 per year, you can join a rich mans club, be hooked up to the mains at an internet exchange on a T1 or T2 connection and be laughing.

the danger of making data a utility is that the inherent evil of marketization and capitalization end up with the buyer paying protection money to have a substandard data delivery speed- that is ignoring home PC and mobile hardware efficiency, the churn of internet software infrastructure and OS 'upgrades' ad so on.

So you win 'and' lose, with the cards held by the industry over how much money can be extracted with data as a 'utility' in the future, and sales and upgrades and so on over time.

Water is a finite resource- as are fossil fuels-
market prices 'do' affect data hardware costs and infrastructure and there are premiums on higher performing hardware- but the prices hardly reflect the increases in performance through manufacture costs and are over valued for industrial reasons, leaving the establishment with regulatory authority.

It is like net neutrality is bent over a barrel by regulatory authorities.

Just as it seems even liberty itself can be commoditized and regulated by crazy establishment politicians that score points, 'like Theresa May' for limiting freedoms under some old establishment ideology- that I would argue started with the BRITISH over 300 years ago.

This might not seem as big a deal in some parts of the world, but in Britain the establishment controls all utilities. If there was a new battery invented (which there has been) that gets 30 times more battery storage than a lithium battery- in Britain it would take 12 years before the industry had even agreed on patents and rights, and created a plan on how to market according to price, and how slowly and incrementally to roll out battery capacity increases- to maximize profit for the investors and so on. A country like Korea would roll it out in a year or two if they found an alternative.

America fought against Britain over the issue of taxes, hegemony, tyranny and enforced social engineering. And America is being sold out by the leaders, The President has more power than a combined parliamentary monarchy. George Washington had even more direct power than the British and king George III combined.

Even me saying this stuff in the future can get me arrested according to the May bill

FinalSolace2
11-11-2014, 09:56 AM
This is the indirect version of silencing free speech- kill net neutrality.

vuctDRAQPwE

Victory for net neutrality or just temporary

yaPCQpehqjk

Icarus4578
11-11-2014, 02:13 PM
If this passes, it will mean that England is one step closer to tyranny. It's comparable to the Great Firewall of China, with "hate speech" arbitrarily defined and selectively enforced by a group of secular plutocrats.

Nem
11-11-2014, 03:01 PM
You know... sometimes i wonder if it wouldnt be better if the germans won WW2. At least europe would be united by now. But, Hitler had to get greedy and impatient.

Northeastmonk
11-11-2014, 10:22 PM
You know... sometimes i wonder if it wouldnt be better if the germans won WW2. At least europe would be united by now. But, Hitler had to get greedy and impatient.

No one wants a dictator, yet people would rather be controlled under pure freedom. I think Hitler was pure evil. He slaughtered people out of no mercy.

Quasar
11-12-2014, 01:19 AM

:clap: wow Nem, just...woah. :clap:

Paper exe
11-12-2014, 08:26 AM
I honestly don't think Hitler is any worst than the Russian or Americans or the whole WW2 allies. Hitler may be as bad (probably) but most diffidently not worst.

I mean can you do worst than
1. destroying all kind of life in cities full of population and for decades to come through use of neculr weapons (japan) or chemical weapons (Iraq, falwja)?
2. Or waging war against one third of human population (Muslims) and render them as enemies and threat and falsely perceive them through their media as devilish beings that has no other purpose in life than to be pure evil?

If you think anyone can do worst than that, then I wholeheartedly suggest that you get your morals and senses checked!

PS: Instead of posting this replay I reported someone (not sure who) by mistake. sorry ><

spider-prime
11-12-2014, 08:31 AM
http://www.chgs.umn.edu/histories/minnesotans/andHolocaust/scenes/images/Bodies-2m.jpg

http://0.tqn.com/d/history1900s/1/S/u/7/bergenbelsen3.jpg

http://collections.yadvashem.org/photosarchive/s637-469/5708675647083876150.jpg

yahhhh. I don't think we want Hitler's kind of rules.

Badrats Studio
11-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Instead Germans, I'd rather pick Japanese. They are mean and ruthless, yes, but every nation has their own portion of those. Almost 70 years ago they bombed hard and crushed like a dogshit ; now look at them. Their willpower are amazing.

That, or I was stunned by George Takei's act in C&C game :P

spider-prime
11-12-2014, 08:36 AM
Canadians are the true evil of the world.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/15d52888bfa3e6547822dc8081f70d01/tumblr_nen6f3fks91t1n02qo1_500.jpg

Icarus4578
11-12-2014, 10:46 AM
The communists made Hitler look like an amateur yet they're seldom mentioned.

After the "Russian" Revolution of 1917 when Lenin and Trotsky seized power, followed by Stalin, over 60 million Russians were killed. Note I use quotation marks because it wasn't really Russian in inception but rather Judaic, which is ironic considering what was going on throughout Europe. About 80-85% of the communists in Russia were in fact Jewish and they especially targeted Christians, killing over 300,000 priests and tearing down over 60,000 churches, but left their synagogues intact. Fun fact: Lenin and Trotsky were funded by Jewish bankers from Wall Street, such as Jacob Schiff of Kuhn, Loeb and Lowe.

Likewise, Pol Pot and Mao killed 50-60 million in China under communism, but again, all we ever hear about is Hitler and the Nazis. Ask yourself, why?

Joe Redifer
11-12-2014, 06:01 PM
Probably because we were in a direct war with them. More relevant to our country's history.

Nem
11-12-2014, 07:54 PM
yahhhh. I don't think we want Hitler's kind of rules.

He would be dead by now anyways :P

The principle applies though. Europe would be more stable if it was united. Theres too much bickering nowadays. I guess i could say that cause i'm not a jew though. xD

Icarus4578
11-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Probably because we were in a direct war with them. More relevant to our country's history.

There were bankers here in America, extra-national Zionists, who were funding the communist revolution in Russia. That makes it part of our history. As for Hitler, his war machine would never have gotten off the ground without funding and supplies from outside sources, but even so, WWII was started by England and the US. Poland was a convenient excuse and Roosevelt had advance knowledge that the Japanese were going to bomb Pearl Harbor in retaliation for us cutting off their oil. The allies didn't bother fighting with the communists in Russia even while they were killing millions of Ukrainians. It's not as if the world was oblivious to what was happening.

spider-prime
11-13-2014, 03:49 AM
He would be dead by now anyways :P

The principle applies though. Europe would be more stable if it was united. Theres too much bickering nowadays. I guess i could say that cause i'm not a jew though. xD

You said it yourself, you can say that cause you "think" you wouldn't be affected by their rule and that the countries would still be a place you want to live in. People with greed and hate in them don't just stop what they're doing and everything becomes happy just cause they died, they infect everyone around them.

What happens in Greece right now is very sickening with the golden dawn party. They killed a fellow Greek, famous even, he was a rapper, cause he was against them. His death led to the party leaders getting arrested.

FinalSolace2
11-13-2014, 05:42 PM
Whoever is the most least facist dictator is a good dictator.

we have the technology today to literally give everyone 0.65 square miles each, to build anywhere they want ignoring national parks and private unused land, and build and deliver prefab houses, give a new landowner some tools, a choice of a horse and tractor, a 10gb internet connection each and one of a choice of 5 renewable energy sources, and a way to recycle waste naturally.

We have 50 years before theres no return on the climate.

We have the tech to build a 100 year thorium car

The tech to send aircraft into space on 'single stage' rockets (skylon)

and the tech to build a global maglev that can potention get people around the world in less than 5 hours.
There is also new airships now that are half plane and half zepplin for fricks sake that can deliver anything anywhere.

and we would all rather stare at kim kar fucking dashians ass.

I mean for criss sake, James Diamond, the wall street banker was caught pants down ripping off pension and hedge funds that he was fined to the tune of 9 Billion dollars to repay, and thats only a fraction of the stealing they took out of selling dodgy property loans, this is after the financial crisis- WITH FREE MONEY. bankers are literally going to Thailand and Hong Kong and raping and killing women

I personally have supervised Bank of England staff myself, as I used to be a head bouncer in the bar next door- they are the most vile, coke snorting, whitenosed women abusing, chicken throwing, staff insulting, rude, obnoxious and empty people I have ever had the ill pleasure of having to babysit on a long new years shift.

you can give me 5 screaming babies and a wife as butt ugly as rupaul for 3 days and it would be more pleasant than dealing with them pricks.

I am in university now and I am watching the next generation of these guys. They are like psychopathic and hypermaniac hyperbolically sealed bubble people.

Its time to petition the National Guard to take the country back and install a fresh new congress and senate with zero links to the existing establishment, and vote for the people with the actually 'good' ideas, and those people who have had their patents for new technologies gagged by greedy corporations. Place them in via direct democracy and televised social media polling. I live national day of voting. and a judgement on each public workers record and private interests.

A case needs to be made because these people are breaking the law and manipulating the federal economy worse than Hitler could have even conceived

Maybe HITLER may have done a better job- at least if he won perhaps the slaughtering of jews and the disabled would have ended under popular demand. TBH Britain and America were in full favor of eugenics until Hitler. Worse still, Churchills right hand man was planning a program to actually develop technology to turn the workers in the colonoes into cybord slaves- it was official policy [true story] the records are fully open and viewable

Northeastmonk
11-13-2014, 07:24 PM
Whoever is the most least facist dictator is a good dictator.

we have the technology today to literally give everyone 0.65 square miles each, to build anywhere they want ignoring national parks and private unused land, and build and deliver prefab houses, give a new landowner some tools, a choice of a horse and tractor, a 10gb internet connection each and one of a choice of 5 renewable energy sources, and a way to recycle waste naturally.

We have 50 years before theres no return on the climate.

We have the tech to build a 100 year thorium car

The tech to send aircraft into space on 'single stage' rockets (skylon)

and the tech to build a global maglev that can potention get people around the world in less than 5 hours.
There is also new airships now that are half plane and half zepplin for fricks sake that can deliver anything anywhere.

and we would all rather stare at kim kar fucking dashians ass.

I mean for criss sake, James Diamond, the wall street banker was caught pants down ripping off pension and hedge funds that he was fined to the tune of 9 Billion dollars to repay, and thats only a fraction of the stealing they took out of selling dodgy property loans, this is after the financial crisis- WITH FREE MONEY. bankers are literally going to Thailand and Hong Kong and raping and killing women

I personally have supervised Bank of England staff myself, as I used to be a head bouncer in the bar next door- they are the most vile, coke snorting, whitenosed women abusing, chicken throwing, staff insulting, rude, obnoxious and empty people I have ever had the ill pleasure of having to babysit on a long new years shift.

you can give me 5 screaming babies and a wife as butt ugly as rupaul for 3 days and it would be more pleasant than dealing with them pricks.

I am in university now and I am watching the next generation of these guys. They are like psychopathic and hypermaniac hyperbolically sealed bubble people.

Its time to petition the National Guard to take the country back and install a fresh new congress and senate with zero links to the existing establishment, and vote for the people with the actually 'good' ideas, and those people who have had their patents for new technologies gagged by greedy corporations. Place them in via direct democracy and televised social media polling. I live national day of voting. and a judgement on each public workers record and private interests.

A case needs to be made because these people are breaking the law and manipulating the federal economy worse than Hitler could have even conceived

Maybe HITLER may have done a better job- at least if he won perhaps the slaughtering of jews and the disabled would have ended under popular demand. TBH Britain and America were in full favor of eugenics until Hitler. Worse still, Churchills right hand man was planning a program to actually develop technology to turn the workers in the colonoes into cybord slaves- it was official policy [true story] the records are fully open and viewable

She may of known that your birthday was coming up! Happy Birthday!

It's hard to imagine the blue collar group from a different generation. I think people will choose to increase the global economy and we'll have a harder time establishing new grounds. The majority of the blue collar groups are going to retire in the next 20 or so years. I notice more younger guys working road construction, but everywhere else they're sitting at a desk at a data collection agency. I think if anything happens; it will happen under our feet. I don't think a new generation has the attention span to watch things just crumble; I could be wrong, but that's just how I view it. It's going to come down to costs and management and I think we're seeing people make more money off of the buying economy rather than the ecological system. The current generation in office are controlling that. They're only teaching a younger generation to recycle. They aren't necessarily finding new ways to change everything, just simple little steps that make them look good to other people.

FinalSolace2
11-14-2014, 02:42 PM
She may of known that your birthday was coming up! Happy Birthday!

Thankyou dude,

I am as a person one of the most mixed identity persons I have ever come across in my life. I am seriously thinking about grabbing an oculus rift dev kit, a homemade google glass [or real one] and travelling the world as a global nomad- I just cant 'rise to' or fit peoples expectations in the 'working' world, i am too cosmopolitan to be able to be resident anywhere.

I think I will go visit some ecological communities in oregon, suderbyn on gotland island sweden, vrindavin india, nepal/bhutan, calcutta to help them finish their planetarium construction, and visit the treedom dude from Japan who builds awesome treehouses and is helping Japanese tsunami orphans to construct them.

I am definately not:- anarchist, deep ecology environmentalist, New age, Hippie, transcendentalist or Libertarian.

If I could use the internet globally and remotely I might keep to those routes and play space opera sims online under the stars, and visit astronomy centres along the globe.

One of my other ideas, goals, is to build a microlight using simple materials and a used car engine and fly for medium streches around the world. could even dev games while travelling.

OQfjIw3mivc

Northeastmonk
11-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Thankyou dude,

I am as a person one of the most mixed identity persons I have ever come across in my life. I am seriously thinking about grabbing an oculus rift dev kit, a homemade google glass [or real one] and travelling the world as a global nomad- I just cant 'rise to' or fit peoples expectations in the 'working' world, i am too cosmopolitan to be able to be resident anywhere.

I think I will go visit some ecological communities in oregon, suderbyn on gotland island sweden, vrindavin india, nepal/bhutan, calcutta to help them finish their planetarium construction, and visit the treedom dude from Japan who builds awesome treehouses and is helping Japanese tsunami orphans to construct them.

I am definately not:- anarchist, deep ecology environmentalist, New age, Hippie, transcendentalist or Libertarian.

If I could use the internet globally and remotely I might keep to those routes and play space opera sims online under the stars, and visit astronomy centres along the globe.

One of my other ideas, goals, is to build a microlight using simple materials and a used car engine and fly for medium streches around the world. could even dev games while travelling.

OQfjIw3mivc

I don't think we live in the age of wit, unless it's the entertainment side. The internet has made the college degree more of an object, a representation of what you have versus what you already know. If you aren't an entrepreneur or this free radical in the spotlight then you're working day in and day out in order to build your portfolio; by then you're either fighting your age or you just can't qualify for the job anymore.

FinalSolace2
11-14-2014, 06:55 PM
If you aren't an entrepreneur or this free radical in the spotlight then you're working day in and day out in order to build your portfolio; by then you're either fighting your age or you just can't qualify for the job anymore.

The problem is freedom of speech, independant speech, and the erosion of public civility and the public 'place'

"But as in all cults, what's central to the Communist Party is the belief system and the elimination of nuance. From there you're very slowly led down the road to fanaticism and mass murder."
Alexei Sayle

Thats what laws aim to achieve- the elimination of nuance, the law is there to protect the weak and punish saints and creative relevators and the strong in meekness, so, Kim Kardashians butt can be loved 'equally' by all the swinely butt fanaticysts. 'nobody is perfect' they will tell you...so i'll say ,well, Hitler wasn't perfect either so you can't be better than him? right?
'What suffers' is evolution to a post carbon economy and our journey to the stars that doesnt discriminate everyone else in favor of box ticking dark and creepy 'west pointers'. And the creation of a hundred new Enrons funded on free printed money.

I don't think we live in the age of wit, unless it's the entertainment side. The internet.....Television is apparently the enemy of nuance. But nuance is essential for a thoughtful discussion.

Barney Frank

Quasar
11-14-2014, 08:51 PM
I think I will go visit some ecological communities in oregon

What part of Oregon?

FinalSolace2
11-14-2014, 09:33 PM
What part of Oregon?

Takilma (near Cave Junction) perhaps next year- Theres a world treehouse construction gathering event every year. i dont know here I will place it in an itinery though- I never plan things, I usually don't use time as a concept.. why? you near there?

Northeastmonk
11-14-2014, 10:54 PM
Kim Kardashians butt can be loved 'equally' by all the swinely butt fanaticysts.

She apparently did a full body shoot, but they just now released the rest of the photos onto the internet.

Quasar
11-15-2014, 10:07 PM
Takilma (near Cave Junction) perhaps next year- Theres a world treehouse construction gathering event every year. i dont know here I will place it in an itinery though- I never plan things, I usually don't use time as a concept.. why? you near there?

I'm about 5 hours north of there, in Portland. I have family & friends in Southern Oregon though. Didn't know there was a treehouse hotel down there!

FinalSolace2
11-16-2014, 10:14 AM
Yup. Really I'm thinking of visiting to go stay for a little while with some hippie types in tree communes, might do a bit of freight train hopping across completely un-roaded empty expanses of south western states where there is no laws. Lifes too short, I cant spend my time being anxious about how I'm seen and how I behave in the modern and socially stagnant world.
I'm hoping maybe I could work as an environmental sampler in hard to reach parts of the globe using a bit of tech. Wearable devices are just around the corner.

Quasar
11-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Yup. Really I'm thinking of visiting to go stay for a little while with some hippie types in tree communes, might do a bit of freight train hopping across completely un-roaded empty expanses of south western states where there is no laws. Lifes too short, I cant spend my time being anxious about how I'm seen and how I behave in the modern and socially stagnant world.
I'm hoping maybe I could work as an environmental sampler in hard to reach parts of the globe using a bit of tech. Wearable devices are just around the corner.

You sound a lot like my roommate.

FinalSolace2
11-16-2014, 10:43 AM
You sound a lot like my roommate.

It would be cool to build a whole new virtual travelling society/civilisation via occulus, with its own laws, It own places, vitual and physical, and recognition by the UN and 'state bodies' as a new sovereign travellers movement.

But Oculus got bought by facebook. Might as well take two cut-outs of Kim Kardashians ass out of some magazines, sellotape it to my eyes and stick some flashing LED's behind the paper.

All seems a little too cosmic, but once my legs on the move theres no turning back. All I'm doing is saving money right now without a specific goal.

Quasar
11-16-2014, 11:56 PM
It would be cool to build a whole new virtual travelling society/civilisation via occulus, with its own laws, It own places, vitual and physical, and recognition by the UN and 'state bodies' as a new sovereign travellers movement.

But Oculus got bought by facebook. Might as well take two cut-outs of Kim Kardashians ass out of some magazines, sellotape it to my eyes and stick some flashing LED's behind the paper.

All seems a little too cosmic, but once my legs on the move theres no turning back. All I'm doing is saving money right now without a specific goal.

Sounds like an interesting idea. Not that it's entirely related but I did my thesis work in college on the ideas of virtual worlds being just as real as physical ones.

FinalSolace2
11-17-2014, 10:07 AM
Sounds like an interesting idea. Not that it's entirely related but I did my thesis work in college on the ideas of virtual worlds being just as real as physical ones.

If you have a copy of your thesis, send it to me, i'll read it. Its an interesting subject- tricky to articulate.
I have noticed that if you ask any student in college or university for their learning materials they will hold on to them like they have some kind of super copyright on them or that they are the annals of some super secret cabal.

If you look at how bankers and big multinational corporations avoid tax they are basically classed in the legal parlance as global nomads, hopping country to country within visiting restrictions.
Great for individual persons, helps people avoid absurd property taxes and maintain an interesting life. But the same goes for the corporate persons/entities.

If you think about it, multinationals already operate in a virtual world-
Why can't individuals and non-corporate entities do the same?? social media, kick-starter, 3D printing, bitcoin, start coin, MMO virtual spaces for global nomads, and a UN charter protecting private individual and social virtual network rights from corporate and economic espionage and takeover.

Do virtual spaces not have a right to free speech and self evolution rather than regulation and policing. Is a virtual anarchy or libertrans the same as a real or literal anarchy or libertarian zone? Are moderators the same as administrators? would virtual 3D MMO networks lead to 'A scanner darkly' style social espionage?

Why have 'trading desks' when you can play video-games instead, and 'mine' virtual currency?
Perhaps because we could end up in a world resembling the Zero-Theorem.

I'm not so pessimistic, its the job of politicians to tell us liberty is bad for society as it doesn't pay the phoney and artificially inflated cost of bills they as stooges make us pay as ransom to Wall street and the City of London.

i am all in favor of new independent and virtual sovereign societal networks that operate its affairs or 'enjoyments' in virtual MMO worlds, based in unlimited scale virtual space-opera/world creator sims, as a means of social entertainment and 'virtual public commons' uncommercial and completely crypto

Check out this article on new types of Forex trading in place of exorbitant 'CAPTIVE' money market transfer fees, some banks charge as high as %10 with incremental fees on the percentage of every pound and penny, dollar and cent. It is never explained what banks 'mean' by 'transfer fees' and exchange rates when it applies to the private traveler. Its basically one of wall streets best guarded secrets and a scam. Considering they should only be charging something like %0.25 on each 'cent' alone- rivals are now appearing (Good Bankers) to try and take down the Bad Bankers with new money systems.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/16/us-banks-forex-retail-idUSKCN0J009P20141116
Forex transfer firms give pricey UK banks a run for their money
http://s3.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20141116&t=2&i=992199854&w=580&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=LYNXNPEAAF04P

Do you want to see this guy in your oculus, rather than just play videogames and have a laugh. Can you imagine seeing CBS ad and Hannity and KIM Kardashaians butt on virtual billboards down a corridor that takes 3 minutes to walk down in your star cruiser in a space sim?

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/hannity.jpg

Northeastmonk
11-17-2014, 01:32 PM
The public has been addressed by news celebrities for years. It's been in the last couple years that it's gone to full blown advisory status. They believe their opinions, they laugh at their jokes, and they add them into their entertainment daily lives.

They've turned politics into its own propaganda by doing so.

It's great they talk about the issues, but it feels like the story replays itself with opinions all the time. I'd rather hear about it once, hear how they're going to address it, and then never hear about it ever again. lol

I just got sick of people committing to the news as if it was some form of actual media. It's about as bad as listening to acts of violence recorded on an audio device. I don't need professional opinions about the content I enjoy if its not a journalist or fan.

I think we'd rather be guided by opinions than accept what we truly feel.

Do you want to see this guy in your oculus, rather than just play videogames and have a laugh. Can you imagine seeing CBS ad and Hannity and KIM Kardashaians butt on virtual billboards down a corridor that takes 3 minutes to walk down in your star cruiser in a space sim?

He promotes himself in that very way. He wants to make you enjoy the news. Her butt obviously wanted you to enjoy the internet a little bit more. You're consciously referring to celebrities if you can't relay it back to someone else. Her butt was the celebrity show and everyone's reaction was to drop all the non-sequential BS. This is probably why most actors and actresses act out. They don't have their own norm, just the norm that social media abides by.

If you're creative you'll go further than everybody else. If not you're doing the same exact thing, only better.

FinalSolace2
11-17-2014, 06:35 PM
The most interesting thing about the book 1984 is that you do not even realize or its not even mentioned that the news is no longer reported on, not that its main protagonist or anyone else he met encountered ever knew that 'actual news' ever existed.
In the UK Russell Brand God bless him and all his 'flaws', has opened a a news channel online with real FACTS and data collected from empirical and academic studies and actually reports the news, which he calls the 'trews'. It makes a complete mockery of the 'news' in that it actually reports on 'real' issues, rather than manufactured or issues that seem to have a private affiliation on interest behind it. Its kind of like gamer gate wherein all the reviews are distorted or the blanket coverage favors some groups over others, and the scores and ratings tweaked according to industry and money relationships. Its like net neutrality, somethings get all the attention and coverage, like the 30 minute special about how a 1 year old tortoiseshell kitten saved a fat black homeless man from bring run over by a freight train, and then other things, like a protest involving 200.000 people literally getting 1 minute airtime.

http://www.motherjones.com/files/samuel-l-jackson-robocop.jpg

Quasar
11-18-2014, 02:46 AM
If you have a copy of your thesis, send it to me, i'll read it. Its an interesting subject- tricky to articulate.

Sure. Here's a link to my defense speech, and work, if you choose to absorb it in that manner, as well as a link to my paper (which will help supplement what's missing from my speech).

Thesis speech and work (https://vimeo.com/channels/721209) (my speech glitched a few times and chunks are missing unfortunately, some glaring ones that I wish were there)

Thesis paper (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9FDsnehuETKQUdxV2lWbjBmX0k/view?usp=sharing)

My ideas were more about utilizing digital technology to supplement physical props and physical interaction. As well as what digital technologies do to our brain that are similar or the same as physical ones.

I might still be a little confused about what I was saying then. LMAO :donno:

Northeastmonk
11-18-2014, 02:50 AM
Sure. Here's a link to my defense speech, and work, if you choose to absorb it in that manner, as well as a link to my paper (which will help supplement what's missing from my speech).

Thesis speech and work (https://vimeo.com/channels/721209) (my speech glitched a few times and chunks are missing unfortunately, some glaring ones that I wish were there)

Thesis paper (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9FDsnehuETKQUdxV2lWbjBmX0k/view?usp=sharing)

My ideas were more about utilizing digital technology to supplement physical props and physical interaction. As well as what digital technologies do to our brain that are similar or the same as physical ones.

I might still be a little confused about what I was saying then. LMAO :donno:

This is a pretty big step up from your original website. Much more content! Great job.

Quasar
11-19-2014, 05:18 AM
This is a pretty big step up from your original website. Much more content! Great job.

Which website are you talking about? Neither of the links are my website... :confused:

But I appreciate the compliment! Thanks!

Northeastmonk
11-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Which website are you talking about? Neither of the links are my website... :confused:

But I appreciate the compliment! Thanks!

It was your old website. It had a blue font covering your face. You also had a few mp3 songs on there with some of your other work.

Quasar
11-19-2014, 11:41 PM
It was your old website. It had a blue font covering your face. You also had a few mp3 songs on there with some of your other work.

Ah, ok, well thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed what I have up there. ^_^

FinalSolace2
11-30-2014, 10:35 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10696262_882355151804959_3364114252718306151_n.jpg ?oh=5c6445592905951d320e15c33b10f9b3&oe=550B4B66&__gda__=1428052560_0e7a72d5900dc858ed963a0badd2a9c 7

spider-prime
11-30-2014, 08:09 PM
I love that the child sex abuse is the smallest turn out. Means most of them do it!

Sinful Sam
12-03-2014, 04:31 AM
Wow. That picture shows a lot.

stroopwafel
12-03-2014, 08:59 AM
Politics, the art of bullshit.

FinalSolace2
12-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Completely disproportionate

bm2FyKntd4Y