PDA

View Full Version : Best New Console Game...

hootie17
05-20-2002, 07:40 PM
I think either GTA3 or FF10.

Overlord
05-20-2002, 07:44 PM
A lot of great Next-Gen games has already come out. And in time we'll have even more great Next-Gen game. FFX, ICO and GTA3 were all great.

Black Ace
05-20-2002, 08:21 PM
Super Smash Bros Melee

Black Sugar
05-21-2002, 10:41 AM
Devil May Cry: Even if the game is a little short on the gameplay side. Artistically speaking , Devil May Cry surpass most standard.
Gameplay wise, this is one of the best transition from a 2D gameplay to 3D. At last the player can feel that he have complete control over the character

Final Fantasy X: If it wasn't for the terrible dubbing, this game woulb be almost perfect. Again, artistically speaking, this game show us new leap in world, monster and character design.

Super Smash Bros Melee: Those who made this game must be insane. To put so much bonus, characters trophies and options in onw singlegame wasn't that necessary. But they did it anyways. This must be their way to show us that they do care about hardcore gamers who's been folowing them since the beginning. The only game who came close with such goodies was SoulCalibur.

I didn' get the chance to play ICO, but i heard so much good thing about it.

typexig
05-21-2002, 12:11 PM
i have to say 1. FFX, 2. MGS2, 3. GTA3. and 4. GT3.

-Xig-

ATMA
05-21-2002, 03:17 PM
1) FFX (I think square reached the next level)
2) MGS2(this game IMO was perfect)
3) DMC (a new genre was born i mean imagine if they changed R.E style and now you can move the characters like DANTE i hope there will be more games like this )

hootie17
05-22-2002, 08:59 PM
though shody graphics, and bugs galore, (that helped in some instances) summoner is a good, solid game.

BlueBlackRed
05-24-2002, 05:19 AM
FFX was okay, but I preferred 7.

GT3 was excellent, a great racing game but it was virtually the same as 2 and 1, but still fantastic.

Halo was good, but didn't last long enough, became samey, and I preferred the multiplayer in Goldeneye.

MGS2 was nice, but too much movie and the gameplay wasn't improved enough from the PSX game, but overall good.

So I'd have to say Pikmin and Smash Bros Melee. Pikmin was short but I must have replayed it about 20 times, can't beat 18 days though. I totally love it, the game that made RTS fun. SSB:M is greatest fighting game ever made, period. It's simply stunning. I can't believe how much depth there is to the gameplay.