PDA

View Full Version : Survey: 79% of gamers say they still won’t buy a cheaper Xbox One at $399

Rubeus
06-06-2014, 02:18 AM
I still have no motivation to buy either consoles.

https://boygeniusreport.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/1401813062.jpg?w=624

When Microsoft first announced that the Xbox One would cost $499.99, gamers and industry watchers gasped. At a full $100 more than Sony’s rival PlayStation 4, it seemed like Microsoft was setting itself up for second place in the next-generation console war. But of course, the bundled Kinect sensor added tremendous value, and there was still hope that gamers would see that following the console’s launch.

Fast forward to last month, and Microsoft announced a $399.99 Xbox One option that would be sold without a Kinect sensor.

The move was seen as necessary by many industry watchers, though none believed it would happen just six months after the Xbox One’s initial launch. Now that it was done, however, analysts wrote that the move could have a significant impact on sales of Microsoft’s new console, which have lagged the PlayStation 4 by an increasing margin.

According to a recent survey, however, the price drop might not help Microsoft as much as some industry watchers think.

Dealnews recently surveyed just under 1,000 gamers last month just after Microsoft announced the new cheaper Xbox One option. According to the survey, 79% of gamers still aren’t interested in the Xbox One at its new cheaper price.

21% of gamers polled said they were more likely to buy the console following the price drop.

http://s1.dlnws.com/files/gamer2014.png

https://bgr.com/2014/06/05/xbox-one-discount-survey-purchase-intent/

Escaflowne2001
06-06-2014, 05:35 AM
Honestly I would take these things that seriously I mean 1000 gamers isn't really going to tell that much overall.

Nem
06-06-2014, 06:55 AM
Personally, i wont consider buying one until much later in the generation if theres enough exclusives that interest me.

Icarus4578
06-06-2014, 07:53 AM
Only 12% [of 927 people] use consoles strictly for gaming and 36% of them consider Wii U owners non-gamers.

http://cdn.themetapicture.com/media/funny-serious-Bruce-Lee-face.jpg

Nem
06-06-2014, 10:53 AM
A bit contradicting isnt it? ^^

spider-prime
06-06-2014, 12:48 PM
WOOO! I'm a non gamer! I play my wii u more than the PS4, that's for sure.

Escaflowne2001
06-06-2014, 06:13 PM
I've switched on my WiiU once in the last year. Completed a game in one sitting and that was it. Had no reason since. Super Smash Brothers will keep me playing for a while though when the time comes. Bayonetta 2 should be this year as well since it's been rated.

spider-prime
06-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Become a non gamer!

Nem
06-06-2014, 08:00 PM
I've switched on my WiiU once in the last year. Completed a game in one sitting and that was it. Had no reason since. Super Smash Brothers will keep me playing for a while though when the time comes. Bayonetta 2 should be this year as well since it's been rated.

Since getting the Wii U, its been my most played console, managing to get me away from the PS3.

The PS4 hardly sees any action at all. Only recently when i got Injustice on sale did i play some PS4. It was the perfect game to make me go back and play my PS4 as fighting games have a long lasting appeal to me and i play them just for fun (not for long, but i keep coming back time and again).

On the Wii U i did a Sonic Lost world marathon once i got that. Once finished i dabbled just a little bit on wind waker HD, but since i played it already i'm not giving it high priority. After that i suppose its been mostly the Wii games i missed. I got Nights 2 and played through that. I got Xenoblade and am presently playing through it. I got The last story yesterday aswell, and i got MK8 last week, wich i admitadly didnt play very much yet.

In the priority list Xenoblade has gained the upper hand and in itself is a very long game. Theres also the other owner of the Wii U that has been playing Metroid other M on it (he also got Metroid prime 3).
For us its been a great buy and theres no lack of games since we skipped the Wii.

Because of that i have been kicked out of the Wii U in the evening and am resigned to play some Vita lol.

Escaflowne2001
06-07-2014, 01:34 AM
Yeah there's plenty on the Wii. I've still got quite a bit on the Wii to play when I get around to it just not the WiiU.

The PS4/XB1 have been good so far I've completed about 12 games between them (Contrast, Infamous: SS, Killzone, Outlast, Reshogun, Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising 3, Halo: SA, MGSV: GZ, Ryse, Daylight and Strider) and have about another 9 to play already (Assassin's Creed IV, Max, Strike Suit Zero, Mercenary Kings, Octodad, Stick It To The Man, Child Of Light, Watch Dogs and Outlast DLC) . Most of them have been digital games but that's fine. Overall though the XB360 is still winning and has been for many years now.

In contrast I've played completed 3 WiiU games (Lego City Undercover, Pikmin 3 and Transformers Prime: The Game) and have 2 to play (Wonderful 101 and The Mysterious Cites of Gold)