PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft: Ditch your PS3 to get a Xbox One and save $100

Rubeus
02-01-2014, 07:51 PM
This is a hilarious response from the internet. :)

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19e6bbs1g4gcxjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19e6aaw5qz4scjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

Trade-in offers are rather common—many retailers, including stores other than Gamestop, will take in old equipment in exchange for money or credit. This includes Microsoft—which will currently take your old 360s...and your old PS3s, too

you can trade in the PS3, Xbox 360 S or Xbox 360 E for store credit. The consoles have to work for Microsoft to take them in, of course, and the offer is only good until March 2nd in the United States.

Its cool that they're not discriminating and are letting people trade in more than one last-gen console, but...it's also kind of weird, no? Just what are the Microsoft Stores gonna do with all the PS3s they get? Its not like the Microsoft Store sells PS3s. I can just imagine sad stack of boxes of PS3s in the back of Microsoft stores...aww.
http://kotaku.com/1512672780

Icarus4578
02-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Buy neither and save your money for something good.

Nem
02-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Haha...

With that said, i saw a PS4 first person the other day and i am very tempted to get one. The performace looked really good on the game that was on (some racing game).
Though theres something i cant quite touch upon, wich is the graphics do look like they are from a PC now (wich is the kind of architecture they went for). There is something in the graphics rendered by a PC and a Console before these new ones that just looks better on a console.
I cant quite explain it. I feel it on the Vita aswell (looks like PC rendering). Might be something to do with the contrast or something (i thought that on the case of the Vita it was cause it was missing lighting effects, like shine). PC rendering just looks more washed out with extremely thin polygons.

Nothing too important at any rate.

Drunken Savior
02-02-2014, 02:34 PM
I fucking hate fat polygons.

Icarus4578
02-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Nem, you can connect your PC to your TV with an HDMI cable. Computer monitors are generally smaller than TV, so maybe that explains that 'something' you can't explain. It certainly isn't a performance issue as higher-end PC architecture will always beat out console.

Joe Redifer
02-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Buy neither and save your money for something good.

This is what I'm doing, at least for this year. I'm buying a new computer. Not to play videogames but to edit on since that is my livelihood. It can boot into Windows but I doubt many games would run with the wimpy-ass AMD Firepro D300 graphic cards it has with only 2GB of VRAM each. Might be able to run Doom 2 and 3 and Portal 2.

Icarus4578
02-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Good idea. It will be far more useful and productive than either console will be during their first gen. No doubt Sony and MS will price-drop by year end and iron out kinks in the firmware/desktop.

Badrats Studio
02-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Damn $100 ? In here that's the price of refurbished PS2 ! No way I'm ditching my PS3 for that amount of money ; let alone to buying Xbox One (the console that has nothing interesting to my liking right now).

In the mean time I'll keep busying myself with those massive backlogs I had since... I don't remember since when...

Drunken Savior
02-05-2014, 02:02 AM
This is what I'm doing, at least for this year. I'm buying a new computer. Not to play videogames but to edit on since that is my livelihood. It can boot into Windows but I doubt many games would run with the wimpy-ass AMD Firepro D300 graphic cards it has with only 2GB of VRAM each. Might be able to run Doom 2 and 3 and Portal 2.

I'm actually curious how those two workstation GPUs would handle games on a Mac Pro anyways. This newer iteration is actually a damn good workstation PC for the dollar. People who make fun of it or call it a waste are making the mistake of comparison a legitimate workstation to a gaming PC.

Joe Redifer
02-05-2014, 09:44 PM
I imagine for games only one of the D300's would be working. I think the game would need to be coded to see and use both GPUs. I don't know what the 3D specs of the D300 are or if it can even do 3D at all.

Escaflowne2001
02-26-2014, 05:28 AM
Xbox One has scooped its first consumer award. Microsoft’s next-gen console won the top home entertainment gong in 2014′s Product of the Year awards.

Gamespot reports that over 40,000 consumers were consulted through market research company TNS to determine their products of the year in various categories. The full list of winners has been published over on AdWeek.

Xbox One has topped the ‘Home Entertainment’ bracket, and according to Product of the Year’s organisers the console and its fellow winners will see a 10-15% sales boost as a result of being featured in an accompanying cover feature in Parade Magazine.

Speaking with Parade, Microsoft director of product planning Albert Penello said, “The gaming console has moved out of the basement and into the living room.”

Xbox One has currently sold over 3 million units worldwide and counting. Microsoft hopes to get more gamers on board with this UK price cut and Titanfall console bundle.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/26/xbox-one-wins-product-of-the-year-2014-award-in-consumer-survey/

progmetal
02-26-2014, 07:54 AM
http://www.adweek.com/files/imagecache/node-detail/news_article/winnersgroupphoto-hed-2014.jpg

lol

Reality
02-27-2014, 01:25 PM
I wonder if M$ and Gamestop teamed up to pay people for making positive votes for the Xbox One. Worked on Youtube.