PDA

View Full Version : Capcom to release RE4 Ultimate HD Edition on Feb 28

Drunken Savior
01-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Capcom announce Resident Evil 4 HD coming to PC February 28th

Posted: 21.01.2014 16:46 by Simon Priest

Rejoice classic Resident Evil fans because Capcom are bringing the "ultimate HD edition" of Resident Evil 4 to PC. It will arrive at the end of February through Steam, and you can enjoy it at 60 FPS "for the first time."

A digital soundtrack accompanies the Steam pre-purchase campaign going live today. The PC HD version also has Steam achievements, cloud saving and full controller support.

Until now only Xbox 360 and PS3 had enjoyed the fruits of Resident Evil 4 HD but it looks as if the PC gets the very best bundling of it in the end, and at not too bad a price.

"Resident Evil 4 will include Steam platform support with Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, global leaderboards, and full game controller support. The new PC version will include everything from the prior iterations including subtitle support in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese as well as previously released bonus content such as the Separate Ways epilogue," announce Capcom.

kmBdVIUBnH0

'Ultimate HD Edition' highlights:

▪ Stunning HD running at a smooth 60 frames per second for the first time.

▪ A complete visual overhaul has been performed to bring this revered title to the highest graphical quality ever.

▪ Fully optimized for the wide screen, texts have been sharpened and textures have been upgraded on characters, backgrounds and in-game objects.

▪ Steam platform support with Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, global leaderboards, and full game controller support.

▪ This new PC version will include everything from the prior iterations including subtitle support in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese as well as previously released bonus content such as the Separate Ways epilogue.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition releases on Steam February 28th for 14.99 / $19.99 / €19.99.

Out of left field, especially since we already have RE4 for PC (though it was a cruddy port) but nice nonetheless. Capcom has really been the front-runner in putting their games on PC as a Japanese developer, so I hope other devs take notice. Is it too silly of me to begin to hope for Phoenix Wright?

spider-prime
01-21-2014, 05:45 PM
argh! Me want. I have this game on like every console it has come out on! Don't ask me why!

Sinful Sam
01-22-2014, 01:28 AM
I don't really care to pay this game over.

stroopwafel
01-22-2014, 08:43 AM
One of the best games ever made, wish they made a 3DS version. :p

Reality
01-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Right out of left field is right. I am really curious on how good of a job they do with touching up this game. The mods you could install and use on the old RE4 pc port really helped make the game shine. Lets hope Capcom puts at least that much effort into it this time around. Oh and get us the better cut-scenes. Those Ps2 versions gave my eyes some type of STD.

Badrats Studio
01-27-2014, 11:08 AM
Not too sure on spending 20 bucks for a game that I've beaten and bought before (GameCube and PS2).

Maybe on sale, Capcom.

Joe Redifer
01-27-2014, 04:56 PM
I doesn't look like they did much except raise the sharpness of the polygons. The textures don't look any better. The ground is still perfectly flat. If this what they consider a "complete graphical overhaul" then I'm unimpressed.

stroopwafel
01-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Well its Capcom they're famous for milking their franchises dry with an infinite amount of shoddy re-releases.

Badrats Studio
01-29-2014, 11:58 AM
And yet fans knows how to "make a rehash" properly :rolleyes:

SS3f4j44wAI

Chronos
01-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Looking forward to this. For $20 it's definitely worth it as I only played 4 once on the ps2.