PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Xbox One All-in-One Demo!!

progmetal
11-08-2013, 05:03 PM
xhe6jV-APwM

Joe Redifer
11-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Oh my god that looks horrible! Oops I mean "magical". So very magical! The Xbox One is pure magic!

Am I the only one who thinks it's lame to talk to a videogame console?

Pikachief
11-08-2013, 06:26 PM
It is really lame, but the OS looks really fast and actually looks a lot faster with a controller because the kinect doesn't need to register your voice command lol

Joe Redifer
11-08-2013, 06:36 PM
I don't really like the "pins" menu that is so reminiscent of Windows 8. It may work OK with a touch screen, but the Xbone is not a touch screen device. It also looks very crowded and cluttered compared to, say, an iOS or even an Android device. Same can be said for the Xbox 360 menu. MS has never really been good at aesthetics. I wonder why that is? Do they not hire anyone to help them with these things?

How is the PS4 menu? Is it like the PS3?

Sulblazer
11-08-2013, 08:19 PM
It is really lame, but the OS looks really fast and actually looks a lot faster with a controller because the kinect doesn't need to register your voice command lol

Yeah, the OS looks pretty smooth, I agree. Voice command though? Blech...this technology has been around for a while now and I've yet to use a voice command that does a good job. Dragonspeak was about the best one I've ever used for the PC...and even that program was spotty. I can't speak to these devices like a normal person. I have to emulate a slow-retarded robot voice for the best accuracy. Also, the latency is always an issue. I know it's a limitation in how audio information is computed and analyzed by the cpu, but still, it bugs. I'm sure this tech will improve in the future, and I'll keep an open mind about Xbone voice input once it's out and I've had first hand experience, but if I had to judge based on prior experience, voice command anything sucks.

Havoc2049
11-09-2013, 04:15 AM
Oh my god that looks horrible! Oops I mean "magical". So very magical! The Xbox One is pure magic!

Am I the only one who thinks it's lame to talk to a videogame console?

It's nice to have the choice between voice, hand and controller controls. If I'm just kicking back on the couch and the controller is up by the TV or stashed away some where and all I want to do is watch a movie or something, it's nice to be able to do it without the controller if you want.

The os looks smooth and fast like my Windows 8 phone, which I love and feels so much faster, modern and snappier than my old iphone.