PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA's GeForce Experience will stream directly to Twitch, Shadowplay on 10/28

Drunken Savior
10-18-2013, 06:35 PM
NVIDIA's GeForce Experience will stream directly to Twitch, Shadowplay coming on October 28th
By Ben Gilbert posted Oct 18th, 2013 at 10:24 AM

NVIDIA's GeForce Experience software is getting an update by the end of the year that'll add Twitch streaming directly from the application. The company says that Shadowplay, its DVR-esque service that automatically captures the last 20 minutes of gameplay video, will arrive on October 28th in beta. A live demo was shown of Ubisoft's Splinter Cell: Blacklist, streamed directly out and shown running natively on via GeForce Experience on a desktop. It looks like we're getting demos of all of today's NVIDIA announcements in the coming hours, so stay tuned!

ABOUT TIME! I was worried that this would ultimately become vaporware. But from what I hear, there is one caveat for Windows 7 users: File size limit for Windows 7 is 4GB per recording, Windows 8 is unlimited. Is this a big deal? I don't know, it depends on how big the file sizes are. But the fact that Windows 7 has limitations upsets me.

About a month ago, we had some news about Shadowplay and it was bad news. Luckily it turned out that Nvidia doesn't run on Valve-time:

We'd like to give everyone an update on ShadowPlay.

Our original plan was to launch a beta of ShadowPlay this summer. Unfortunately we were not able to meet that date. We understand many of you have been eagerly waiting for this feature and we sincerely apologize for the delay.

ShadowPlay was originally designed to output video files in M2TS format. During the course of our testing, we found that this format did not work robustly with various popular players. We are now in the process of moving over to MP4 as the container format. We expect this transition to be complete fairly soon.

We are very excited about ShadowPlay and look forward to sharing this new feature with you soon.

Reality
10-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Shadow play could be really awesome. I hope the performance drop, if any is slim to none.

Drunken Savior
10-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Shadow play could be really awesome. I hope the performance drop, if any is slim to none.

That's what Nvidia is claiming. We'll see.

Capture Every Win With GeForce ShadowPlay
By Scott Herkelman on Oct 18 2013

At last Ė NVIDIA introduces an advanced game capture tool that lets you capture and stream your greatest gaming moments, with little performance hit to frame rates. Thatís the promise of ShadowPlay, launching with the upcoming release of GeForce Experience 1.7 on Monday, Oct. 28.

We built ShadowPlay to solve a common problem. Gamers love to record their games and share those magic moments, good or bad, with friends and fellow gamers. But doing so has meant a forced compromise: tools are expensive or slow, or both. And itís hard to rack up kills when youíre running software that kills your frame rate.

Now you can share your greatest gaming moments with more people.

GeForce ShadowPlay is a high-performance, fast and free gameplay-capturing tool thatís available exclusively to GeForce customers. Itís also super easy to use, having the H.264 encoder built directly into GeForce GTX 600 and 700 series GPUs.

How It Works

ShadowPlay has two user-configurable modes. The first, shadow mode, continuously records your gameplay, saving up to 20 minutes of high-quality 1920◊1080 footage to a temporary file.

So, if you pull off a particularly impressive move in-game, just hit the user-defined hotkey and the footage will be saved to your chosen directory.

The file can then be edited with the free Windows Movie Maker application, or any other .mp4-compatible video editor, and uploaded to YouTube to share with friends or gamers galore.

Alternatively, in manual mode, which acts like traditional gameplay recorders, you can save your entire session to disk.

The beauty of ShadowPlay is that, because it takes advantage of the hardware built into every GTX GPU, you donít have to worry about any major impact on frame rates compared to other, existing applications.

http://i.imgur.com/GYIRntB.jpg
A straightforward tool for capturing and sharing your wildest gaming exploits.

Twitch Streaming Coming Soon

And thereís more to come. Weíre working hard to integrate Twitch with ShadowPlay so youíll be able to stream your games to friends and fans worldwide.

Soon, all your friends will be able to watch you play while you enjoy all the performance youíve come to expect using your GeForce GTX GPU.

http://i.imgur.com/DlkbEpI.png
Share your gameplay on Twitch.

For more information on ShadowPlay or GeForce Experience 1.7, check out our feature story on GeForce.com.

Lyy3ZijLJ0s

Reality
10-22-2013, 12:31 AM
I am really excited. I love that they are doing so much of this kind of features now. I enjoyed FRAPS for a very long time but anytime I record your fps drops 10-15 frames easy...that or I just need a Titan GPU..yeeeeeeeah a Titan..

Drunken Savior
10-22-2013, 01:30 AM
2 Titans. Then you can finally play Crysis.