PDA

View Full Version : MSE (Microsoft's Antivirus) is no longer certified, considered 'baseline.'

Drunken Savior
10-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Link to the most recent AV-TEST results (July/August). (http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/home-user/windows-7/julaug-2013/)

So what does this mean? For the more tech savvy, it doesn't mean all that much. Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) has been a good and relatively non-invasive anti-virus for awhile. But they've been slipping and I wanted to let people here know. Most of us are too smart to really open random .exe's or other potentially dangerous programs on a whim. But if you know someone who isn't that tech savvy and they ask for your recommendation, here's some more knowledge to help make a good informed decision for them.

Personally, I still use it. But only because the other antiviruses I've used (AVG, Avast!, Kaspersky) all had issues (mostly how invasive they are) that bugged me.

spider-prime
10-11-2013, 09:02 PM
I've never had a virus/spyware/malware in the longest time. Cause I only go to like 5 sites on the entire time I'm on the net.

Here, ebay, amazon and steam and once in a while amiami and play-asia.

If I didn't shop and get games over the net, I wouldn't even miss my computer or the internet. It's the only thing I do on the net. Play games and then shop for new games :P

bujeezus
10-17-2013, 11:44 AM
i've recently started using avast since i upgraded to win7. what do you mean by invasive? i know what "invasive" means but what does avast target?