PDA

View Full Version : Origin Humble Bundle (Dead Space 1 and 2, Mirror's Edge, BF3 and moar) $4.67 atm

Drunken Savior
08-14-2013, 08:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tJbUiPv.png (https://www.humblebundle.com/)

Not bad. I already own all of those that i want though. But I thought I'd give you people a head's up! :thumb-up:

[Edit] OOPS, I MEANT DEADS SPACE '1 and 3,' not '1 and 2.'

spider-prime
08-15-2013, 01:04 AM
I got it for dead space 3, since I haven't played it yet and I already got BF3. Despite it crashes every time I knife someone and they still haven't fixed that shit

oh cool, I didn't even noticed the ones on steam have steam keys too. Only have to play DS3 on origin and fuck the sims. I hate that shit.

Drunken Savior
08-15-2013, 07:04 PM
LOL It's kind of funny that you can buy the bundle and you get two keys. Keep the steam keys and give the origin keys to someone you hate!

spider-prime
08-15-2013, 10:05 PM
lol origin key redeeming has been turned off so I can't even play dead space 3.

progmetal
08-17-2013, 01:22 PM
I payed thousands of dollars, so i can stay at the top of the list.

Seriously, a great deal. :thumb-up:

Drunken Savior
08-19-2013, 03:52 PM
So something I JUST noticed about this bundle. Normally, you can chose to give the developers (in case you are not familiar, you choose what % of the total donation to give out between the humble bundle organizers, charities, and the developers) a percentage of the total donation. But EA has removed themselves entirely from this, meaning your ONLY choices are between charities and the people running the humble bundles only.

Now, you can say "It's not like anyone was going to give EA any money if given the choice," but you know that's not entirely true. Some would, either by accident or by choice. By entirely removing themselves from the donation pool, EA is helping the humble bundle organizers and charities even more.

Oh yeah, and even though it's called the ORIGIN HUMBLE BUNDLE, they chose to give away Steam codes where applicable as well. So you're not forced to use your Origin codes for games available on Steam.

The only slight I can offer EA is that this is essentially them trying to heavily stimulate the Origin user base be (nearly, minimum donation IS $1.00) giving away licenses. They get marketing statistics from Origin (one of the main reasons they made Origin and left Steam. Valve wasn't giving them marketing numbers they collected).

So yeah, some excellent games, for an excellent price, for an excellent cause.

EA deserves some props for this, despite their past.

bujeezus
08-20-2013, 10:46 AM
i already own 3 of those but hell it's worth $5 for dead space 3, crysis 2 and battlefield. wonder why they skipped ds 2?

Drunken Savior
08-22-2013, 03:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IyoThqP.png

2 more games added for those that paid more than the current average at the time of transaction. If you already bought the bundle, and paid more than the average, you should have two more Origin codes and one more Steam code in your Humble Library!

bujeezus
08-23-2013, 10:08 AM
woohoo! i actually don't own those yet. always wanted to try a command and conquer game.