PDA

View Full Version : Killer Instinct is Free to play. One character is free.

Einhander
06-11-2013, 09:32 AM
http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/11/killer-instinct-reboot-is-free-to-play-only-one-character-is-free/

Killer Instinct is getting a reboot on Xbox One, courtesy of Double Helix Games . Good news: it’s free-to-play. Potential bad news: you have to pay for every character, except Jago.

Destructoid confirmed in this Killer Instinct preview, that while the fighter is free to all, you have to pay individually for new and returning characters. That’s a payment per character, but the specific cost has not been confirmed, so don’t start worrying just yet, as they could be dirt cheap.

Characters have two life bars just like in the original games, and big combos and Combo-Breakers are back. The game’s out at the Xbox One launch.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

Nem
06-11-2013, 09:34 AM
So thats why they didnt accept Tekken revolution on their system... competition is a scary thing for microsoft.

Dj Jimmi Zero
06-11-2013, 09:42 AM
I know that fighting games should never be exclusive at this point, and any console that has Tekken as an exclusive, has the advantage of having the most popular fighting game franchise worldwide.

Paper exe
06-11-2013, 10:30 AM
omg!!! this is too much too much!! I cannot believe I am living in a day and age like this. Cannot believe how blind and greedy a company can be.

Ernst
06-11-2013, 10:32 AM
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Escaflowne2001
06-11-2013, 11:22 AM
So thats why they didnt accept Tekken revolution on their system... competition is a scary thing for microsoft.

Tekken Revolution is a PS3 last gen game not sure what it's got to do with the XBONE. :P

Sulblazer
06-11-2013, 09:19 PM
omg!!! this is too much too much!! I cannot believe I am living in a day and age like this. Cannot believe how blind and greedy a company can be.

There's just something about all your posts that amuses me. Maybe it's how "OMG" is included somewhere in there...maybe it's drama...maybe it's the baby mario avatar...maybe it's everything. You posts never fails to make me chuckle. :lol:

Ernst
06-11-2013, 09:31 PM
There's just something about all your posts that amuses me. Maybe it's how "OMG" is included somewhere in there...maybe it's drama...maybe it's the baby mario avatar...maybe it's everything. You posts never fails to make me chuckle. :lol:

I know, right? His one about the dirty money-grabbing Jews who run Microsoft was so cute. :lol:

Nem
06-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Tekken Revolution is a PS3 last gen game not sure what it's got to do with the XBONE. :P

Not that Killer instinct looks next gen. :P

Escaflowne2001
06-12-2013, 12:17 AM
That's because it's a digital game. Not many XBLA/PSN games look like current gen games either.

Paper exe
06-12-2013, 02:09 AM

thanks.

I know, right? His one about the dirty money-grabbing Jews who run Microsoft was so cute.

I said Microsoft are like jews not Jews as people. I used jews as an adjective which means very cheap and greedy person. That was the joke, Read correctly. That just shows that you jumped to conclusions and threw your stereotypical ideas in over analyzing and interpretation of my post in that thread.

And please stop bringing personal and unrelated things up. How long will you be angry and when will you quit misrepresenting? Have you not learned from your dramatic and embarrassing respond before on the matter?

I checked this thread to make a joke about the topic but now thanks to you i completely forgot about it. Another decent joke ruined. thanks a lot! Bully!!

Ernst
06-12-2013, 02:24 AM
I can only assume there's some sort of miscommunication going on here.

Escaflowne2001
06-12-2013, 02:30 AM
I can only assume there's some sort of miscommunication going on here.

I think it's better just to let it slide. I think most people tried to ignore his other comment in the other thread because it was rather arkward/stupid

Paper exe
06-12-2013, 03:01 AM
I think it's better just to let it slide. I think most people tried to ignore his other comment in the other thread because it was rather arkward/stupid

Wow! thanks for the necessary and warm comments. I hope you all feel intelligent and good about your self now. :)

Ernst
06-12-2013, 03:03 AM
Well I guess we can get back to laughing at this whole M$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ debacle.

Escaflowne2001
06-12-2013, 03:05 AM
Wow! thanks for the necessary and warm comments. I hope you all feel intelligent and good about your self now. :)

That's OK, please think ahead next time. :)

MICRO$OFT ARE EVIL!!

Paper exe
06-12-2013, 03:39 AM
That's OK, please think ahead next time. :)

MICRO$OFT ARE EVIL!!

ok. :)

hmm wonder how the game will be like if it free to play. Is it Vs/online mode only or will there be a campaign mode?

Rubeus
06-12-2013, 10:18 AM
I think at some point Microsoft is going to release a compilation of Killer Instinct on disc with every character in the game, and charges you $40.

Pikachief
06-12-2013, 11:28 AM
I think at some point Microsoft is going to release a compilation of Killer Instinct on disc with every character in the game, and charges you $40.

You can pay for individual characters or just pay full price for the whole game.

Escaflowne2001
06-12-2013, 11:40 AM
I don't know if it's been mentioned in the thread yet but this game isn't actually being developed by Rare. The developer is Double Helix (Front Mission Evolved/Silent Hill: Homecoming)

calintz
06-12-2013, 07:09 PM
even if it was rare, not sure of that would still be a good thing