PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 racks up 26th consecutive month as top console

Drunken Savior
03-16-2013, 05:33 AM
Xbox 360 racks up 26th consecutive month as top console
By Zach Epstein | BGR News – 4 hrs ago

Does Microsoft (MSFT) even need to launch a new Xbox? Despite Nintendo’s (NTDOY) recent release of its next-generation home video game console, the Xbox 360 racked up its twenty-sixth consecutive month as the top-selling console in the world in February. U.S. sales totalled 302,000 units according to The NPD Group’s February data, placing the Xbox ahead of Sony’s (SNE) PlayStation 4 and both the Wii and Wii U. The Xbox 360 holds an estimated 41% share of the current-generation console market in the U.S.

Jesus....two solid years as the top selling console. Who the heck keeps buying these? We getting one for each TV now?

progmetal
03-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-360-racks-26th-consecutive-month-top-console-040027675.html

Xbox 360 racks up 26th consecutive month as top console
By Zach Epstein | BGR News – 4 hrs ago

Does Microsoft (MSFT) even need to launch a new Xbox? Despite Nintendo’s (NTDOY) recent release of its next-generation home video game console, the Xbox 360 racked up its twenty-sixth consecutive month as the top-selling console in the world in February. U.S. sales totalled 302,000 units according to The NPD Group’s February data, placing the Xbox ahead of Sony’s (SNE) PlayStation 4 and both the Wii and Wii U. The Xbox 360 holds an estimated 41% share of the current-generation console market in the U.S.

PLAYSTATION 4 IS OUT? Lol

Other confirmed numbers i saw:

Xbox 360: 302K (-29.1%)
PS3: 263K (-26.9%)
Wii U: 66K (70% of them were Deluxe consoles.)

Nintendo Ecosystem (DS/3DS/Wii/Wii U combined): 455K

Reality
03-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Looks like the console trend continues. No system is top dog longer than 2 generations.

Escaflowne2001
06-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Xbox 360 is set to dethrone Nintendo's Wii as the UK's best-selling current-gen home console, new figures have revealed.

Microsoft's machine has now sold 8.4 million consoles in the UK, numbers company Chart-Track told MCV.

Nintendo's Wii once ruled the roost, but sales have since petered off in the past few years. Xbox 360 now regularly outsells the PlayStation 3, Wii and Wii U in weekly hardware figures.

Xbox 360 is still 1.5 million sales away from beating the UK's all-time home console record, however, held by PlayStation 2. Sony's classic machine notched up an astonishing 10 million sales in the UK since its launch in 2000.

Could Xbox 360 ever catch up? Microsoft is still pushing the console, which now has a new, more angular design. The vast majority of this Christmas' blockbusters will launch for the console, too, despite Xbox One's expected arrival in November.

“It's fantastic to see Xbox 360 become the best-selling console in the UK, according to GfK Chart-Track," UK Xbox boss Harvey Eagle said. "This is an historic milestone and our sincere thanks goes to each and every person that has bought and enjoyed Xbox 360 over the past eight years.

"As you saw at E3 earlier this month, we announced a new Xbox 360 form factor and we are committed to ensuring Xbox 360 remains the best place to play games, connect with friends and enjoy your entertainment. You'll see great exclusive content coming not only to Xbox 360, but also to Xbox One later this year."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-27-xbox-360-set-to-overtake-wii-in-uk-in-matter-of-days

Badrats Studio
07-01-2013, 04:32 AM
I won't be surprise if Xbox 360 outnumber Xbox One in 2014 sales overall.

Drunken Savior
07-01-2013, 04:36 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-27-xbox-360-set-to-overtake-wii-in-uk-in-matter-of-days

So am I correct in saying that UK's sales figures differ from the overall EU sales figures? I thought that the PS3 was outselling the XBox360 in the EU. Why would that be?

Paper exe
07-01-2013, 06:16 AM

It took them 8 years and an early start and got must if not all current gen gamers to get close to beating a 4 years old console (2007-2010) that went out of production 2 years ago in one country in the world?

You call that an accomplishment!? if anything they got pwnd and hard, which explain their insane switch to casual gamers for their new system, forced kenect, rehash sport games and rehash decorated WW2 multiplayer games.

PS: By saying "decorated" I mean misleading covered WW2 as take a WW2 game and stash in some random uncreative back-story to cover up their rehash generic shortsighted work. I by now means mean it is pretty as it is ugly as hell and their care put to the game and attention to detail is synonyms to crap in video game terms.

And yes hardly any games released for the wii in 2011 even from nintendo them selfs.

Drunken Savior
07-01-2013, 06:19 AM
So defensive...

Paper exe
07-01-2013, 06:38 AM
I just hate ill fated misleading media stories. These stories are made to cater readers i understand that and I did ignore that news when i first read that sometime ago (a month I think) but since it was mentioned here I feel obliged to grace you all with my knowledge to make sure in the end of the day the magicbox members are more educated and enlightened than the average joe.

in that post of yours you were supposed to post something that describe your appreciation. :slap:

Escaflowne2001
07-01-2013, 07:24 AM
I'm from the UK the rest of the world is unimportant.

So am I correct in saying that UK's sales figures differ from the overall EU sales figures? I thought that the PS3 was outselling the XBox360 in the EU. Why would that be?

Yes Europe love the PS3, the UK sleeps with Microsoft.

It took them 8 years and an early start and got must if not all current gen gamers to get close to beating a 4 years old console (2007-2010) that went out of production 2 years ago in one country in the world?

You call that an accomplishment!? if anything they got pwnd and hard, which explain their insane switch to casual gamers for their new system, forced kenect, rehash sport games and rehash decorated WW2 multiplayer games.

PS: By saying "decorated" I mean misleading covered WW2 as take a WW2 game and stash in some random uncreative back-story to cover up their rehash generic shortsighted work. I by now means mean it is pretty as it is ugly as hell and their care put to the game and attention to detail is synonyms to crap in video game terms.

And yes hardly any games released for the wii in 2011 even from nintendo them selfs.

The last Wii game was released in 2013 there are still some to come out. Rehash? you'd be the expert on that topic being a Nintendo fan.

Paper exe
07-01-2013, 10:00 AM
That's a miss representation. In both the Nintendo rehash part and the wii support.

To further present the misrepresentation the wii is no longer supported in japan
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/index.html
(scroll to see third party games.)

same story in the west the "wii still getting games" esca talking about are these 5 shovleware/port titles
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?platform=1031&game=&contrib=0&rating=0&genre=0&region=0&date=2013&developer=&publisher=&dist=0&sort=0&link=0&res=0&title=0&adv=1

check em out your self. And last year 2012 is not much brighter if you actually bother to dive through and know a bit about the games released then.

that what the 360 that got almost all current gen games coming for it and at lest another whole year (2014) full of support is trying to beat and still merely just gotten close and in just one country. As I said that hardly an achievement if anything it is pathetic.

I stand correct that news is misleading BS that has no other purpose than to cater readers and miss lead the average joe mind as they are easy target for mindless faulty argument and tend to believe what ever the media fed them or merely corporate commercial aims to show success in mere numbers where in reality it is nothing but a big failure. It is mindless stupid comparison to begin with.

And I am not responding to the out of place faulty and accusation attitude (calling me Nintendo fan, indirectly attributing me with biased)
By now esca you should learn that misrepresenting innocent members (my self) will led you no where if anything you just got pwnd.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/image.php?u=3272&dateline=1361057955

Escaflowne2001
07-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Your good at making excuses that's for sure. :clap:

Paper exe
07-01-2013, 01:11 PM
thanks. I try my best. :)

You are just as good by the way.

Hmm...ok sense this thread is down with my hammer of justice what everybody's up to at the moment?

Nem
07-01-2013, 01:19 PM
That report cant be true. I'm pretty sure both the 3DS and PS3 are selling more than the 360. Actually the latest NPD showed the 3DS has the highest selling console in the US last month.

There is something bogus with this report.

Oh... i see this is from february. Old news.

Drunken Savior
07-01-2013, 02:43 PM
That report cant be true. I'm pretty sure both the 3DS and PS3 are selling more than the 360. Actually the latest NPD showed the 3DS has the highest selling console in the US last month.

There is something bogus with this report.

Oh... i see this is from february. Old news.

We aren't discussing the topic article now. We are discussing the one inside the thread that was recently posted.

I just hate ill fated misleading media stories. These stories are made to cater readers i understand that and I did ignore that news when i first read that sometime ago (a month I think) but since it was mentioned here I feel obliged to grace you all with my knowledge to make sure in the end of the day the magicbox members are more educated and enlightened than the average joe.

in that post of yours you were supposed to post something that describe your appreciation. :slap:

Hate poisons the soul, Paper. :(

Nem
07-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Needs a new thread! Misleading! ;)

Beam
07-11-2013, 10:49 PM
I think I would have tried to stretch two more years out of the 360 and ps3 because they have quite a bit of life left if you ask me.

Drunken Savior
07-11-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm sure they will. Just because new consoles are coming out doesn't mean support for the older ones is dropped instantly.

Escaflowne2001
07-11-2013, 11:17 PM
Scary thing is this years FIFA 14 is still getting a PS2 release!

I think they'll support the PS3 for a while at least. Hopefully we'll see some obscure Japanese imports that sometimes come out around the end of the console.

Nem
07-12-2013, 12:25 AM
PS3 is the console to have this year. And theres support for next year aswell. I doubt the yearly titles wont come out on the ps3 and 360 nxte year aswell.
GTA5 and TLOU seem to be the big titles of the year and neither one is on the new consoles.

Beam
07-18-2013, 10:57 PM
the last of us was a great playthrough, very minor control issues though.