PDA

View Full Version : should I buy Starcraft 2 just for the campaign?

Chronos
03-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Starcraft 2 players, do you think the game's worth it just for the single player mode?

Drunken Savior
03-12-2013, 09:54 PM
I honestly liked the single player campaign because no matter how hard I practice that fuckin' game, I get my ass handed to me every time I play multiplayer. :P I guess I just don't have the skills to really study the multiple strategies, nor do I have the ability to multitask both assault and production.

[tl;dr] I suck at Starcraft, but I love playing it. I played the singleplayer mode and liked the story and presentation. Get it for $20 and you'll love the story and presentation....unless you really disliked it in Starcraft 1. But if you hated the original Starcraft, then why the fuck are you asking if you'll like the sequel?

[tl;dr of the tl;dr] Yes.

calintz
03-13-2013, 01:47 AM
yes

zechin
03-13-2013, 09:05 AM
I like that they put more emphasis on the story for missions in Heart of the Swarm compared to Wings of Liberty. So I was pretty happy by the time I finished the campaign. Can't wait for legacy of the void to see how it turns out(love playing as protoss).

I felt in Wings of Liberty that there was a lot of fluff and some pointless missions. But in Heart of the Swarm, by the time you finish it, it feels fulfilling and feels like a complete story arc.

Chronos
03-13-2013, 07:11 PM
I never played the original Starcraft, so yeah. Anyway, I decided to pick up SC2 and Heart of the Storm bundle. Dunno where you get $20. It was $60 for both or I could've bought SC2: Wings of Liberty for $40, which would have been dumb. Enjoying the single player so far. It's really well done in all aspects.

Chronos
03-13-2013, 07:26 PM
The thing I don't like about RTS games in general is the whole economy management / build order aspect. I just want to create an army and watch them slaughter things.

Zachalmighty
05-18-2013, 06:52 PM
I felt that Wings of Liberty had better missions. Having Kerrigan on your side, very quickly resulted in one sided skirmishes. You'd pop her last ability which would frenzy nearby zerg and nothing could stand against you. How fair is it that you can summon, anywhere Kerrigan is located about 20 zerg (zergling, hydralisk, etc)?