PDA

View Full Version : Next-gen Xbox will simply be called "Xbox", with 8GB RAM

Rubeus
11-19-2012, 01:19 PM
The specs tells me it is just like a iPad 4th generation with more RAM, even the naming convention is the same as iPad.

- To be called "Xbox"
- Quad-core (ARM @ 2GHz)
- 8GB RAM
- Kinect 2.0
- Blu-ray
- Euro 299 / $382

The magazine will reportedly use its penultimate issue to reveal details about the next-gen Xbox; the console is said to include Kinect 2.0, Blu-ray discs, and more.

The penultimate issue of Xbox World magazine will reportedly reveal new details about Microsoft's new Xbox console, according to CVG.

The magazine's editor reportedly told the site that the next-generation Xbox will most likely be called "Xbox" instead of "Xbox 720", and will ship with 8GB of RAM and a quad-core processor.

Other details about the new console that will reportedly be revealed by Xbox World include Kinect 2.0, Blu-ray discs, directional audio, a TV output and input, an "innovative" controller, and the possibility of augmented-reality (AR) glasses to be used at a later stage in the new console's life.

Microsoft has not officially confirmed that it is at work on a new console, but speculation about the new Xbox has been circulating for some time. In June, a 56-page document allegedly from Microsoft indicated that the company is planning to launch an Xbox 720 in 2013 at $299. An updated version of the Kinect was to be included, and AR glasses support would be added sometime after launch. The document has since been removed at the behest of Microsoft's legal team.

Source (http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-world-to-reveal-next-gen-details-in-new-issue-report-6400312)

BlindMaphisto
11-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Hard to see 300. Unless that's Euros.

Drunken Savior
11-19-2012, 03:39 PM
...an "innovative" controller...

Wish they'd just follow Sony's lead and keep the current design of the 360's controller going. Aside from the shitty d-pad, it's a very good design.

BlindMaphisto
11-19-2012, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't mind a six button layout for fighters also.

Nem
11-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Ergh... if thats true Microsoft it out to push Sony out of the market and become a big problem for Nintendo. Sony cant compete with that price. Latest rumors posted on the magicbox front page pointed to 400-500 dollars for the PS4.
With that said, they will be taking huge losses with each unit sold at that price.

One thing is given at the start though. If they call it Xbox in Japan again, it will most certainly fail yet again. Why dont they just call it Microsoft Box in there? Thinking about it, its such a terrible name for a console. Everyone called it 360. 360 is a better name than Xbox lol.

justin_credible
11-19-2012, 06:13 PM
And Sony is going back to PS1.

Nem
11-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Yeah Sony has a similar problem this time around as 4 is the number of death for japanese. Sony beeing a Japanese company is aware of that.

Them calling it just playstation is actually a good idea as its a brand that still has value. The orginal PSOne was a sucess. The original Xbox wasnt, in comparison.

justin_credible
11-19-2012, 09:14 PM
The specs tells me it is just like a iPad 4th generation with more RAM, even the naming convention is the same as iPad.

- To be called "Xbox"
- Quad-core AMD
- 8GB RAM
- Kinect 2.0
- Blu-ray
- $299

BTW where did you come up with that it will be an AMD cpu ?

There is nothing in that article that say's what type of CPU they will use, just a quad core.

Northeastmonk
11-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Didn't Sony create blu-ray? How come they just can't just bank those profits?

$299 sounds like Xbox 360 2.0, but I guess we've gotten pretty far graphically unless they're doing CGI quality graphics next gen.

justin_credible
11-19-2012, 09:19 PM
There's a group of 19 companies that own blu-ray now with the Blu-ray Disc Association, Sony is just one of those 19.

The current 19 board members (as of June 2009) are:

Apple Inc.
Dell Inc.
Hewlett-Packard
Hitachi, Ltd.
Intel Corporation
LG Electronics
Mitsubishi Electric
Panasonic Corporation
Pioneer Corporation
Royal Philips Electronics
Samsung Electronics
Sharp Corporation
Sony Corporation
Sun Microsystems
TDK Corporation
Technicolor SA
20th Century Fox
Walt Disney Motion Pictures Group
Warner Bros. Entertainment

And considering Sony Laptops use Windows, I guess that makes it even?

Drunken Savior
11-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Why the hell did Apple invest in it? None of their machines use it, I think. And they are pushing dd hard. Seems like a mistake for them.

Shin Kazama
11-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Calling it simply "Xbox" would be kinda awkward. There's already been just "Xbox".

Badrats Studio
11-20-2012, 01:58 AM
In my opinion, company should use flash-based media for the game medium. It cost less now (as far as I can see ; I could be wrong though), less-loading, and heat resistant.

Disc can be still fit for other purpose like movie.

zechin
11-20-2012, 02:09 AM
Why the hell did Apple invest in it? None of their machines use it, I think. And they are pushing dd hard. Seems like a mistake for them.

Well these were the days before Final Cut X was a disaster :P

eastx
11-20-2012, 03:22 AM
Whether the report is right or not,t here will probably be multiple pricing tiers with the next Xbox, just as there are with the Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii U. So the $300 version will probably be the cheap one, with a superior $400 version on offer.

Rubeus
11-20-2012, 03:38 AM
I guess the price supposed to be Euro 299 or $382 because the source is CVG. I misread the CVG page, the processor is quad core, but that "leaked" 56 page document from a while ago said it would be a 2GHz multi-core ARM processor similar to the ones used in smartphone/tablet.

I think it makes sense for PS4 to simply called Playstation, if they are going to follow the "trend", but does that mean Nintendo would call their next console Nintendo Entertainment System?

Joe Redifer
11-20-2012, 06:45 AM
Calling it simply "Xbox" would be kinda awkward. There's already been just "Xbox".

No kidding. I really hope they don't do that. It'd be like naming the Dreamcast the Genesis instead. Or calling the Wii the N64. Regardless, I'm still pretty excited about the console. I only hope for a few things:

-Don't go overboard on the Kinect nonsense. More people dislike it than like it. Keep it niche where it belongs. Stop trying to force it on us.
-Don't have a cluttered dashboard/home screen. Windows 8 works great on a touch screen but people likely won't be playing, errr, "Xbox" on a touch screen monitor. Simple is good. Simple is best. The current 360 dash is kind of a clusterfuck.
-Keep the controller the same. Only change the d-pad to make it awesome. Make it exactly like the Saturn d-pad which was also used on the Genesis. No reason not to. Do it.

Escaflowne2001
11-20-2012, 06:56 AM
I doubt it'll just be Xbox console makers seem to like coming up with silly names for there consoles.

KingOfSentinels
11-20-2012, 08:16 AM
The Awesomeball. I'm calling it right now. I'd buy a console called the Awesomeball.

I'd better copyright that actually...

spider-prime
11-20-2012, 02:55 PM

My guess would be cause of the stocks with disney and pixar which support bluray.

Rubeus
11-20-2012, 03:50 PM
The ARM processor also indicates it won't have Xbox 360 backward compatibility -- unless it is some sort of emulation software.

Pikachief
11-20-2012, 06:19 PM
-Don't go overboard on the Kinect nonsense. More people dislike it than like it. Keep it niche where it belongs. Stop trying to force it on us.
-Don't have a cluttered dashboard/home screen. Windows 8 works great on a touch screen but people likely won't be playing, errr, "Xbox" on a touch screen monitor. Simple is good. Simple is best. The current 360 dash is kind of a clusterfuck.

They seem to be in love with the Kinect and I can't see them breaking away from it any time soon. In fact, almost every time I hear about this "nextbox" I hear about how its going to revolve around Kinect.

And with that, the Windows 8 screen would probably work great with Kinect and Kinect is also the reason the dashboard looks the way it does today.

How much emphasis is put on Kinect will probably determine how much I actually want this console at all. I don't like Kinect, it's ruining the xbox 360 for me as it is.

Escaflowne2001
11-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Ruining...? Outside of a few crappy Arcade games there's hardly any full kinect games. Anything else just has a few tacked on features that make no difference if your not a kinect user.

Joe Redifer
11-21-2012, 12:23 AM
The ARM processor also indicates it won't have Xbox 360 backward compatibility -- unless it is some sort of emulation software.

Maybe it will run iPhone apps. :P

Maybe they should call it Nextbox. Or Xbox Next. What did we call the 360 before it was called the 360?

spider-prime
11-21-2012, 02:00 AM
a 180, cause when you saw it, you did a complete turn and walked away from it! HA!

Badrats Studio
11-21-2012, 02:13 AM
I do hope ARM processor can be more mainstream because its low-power consumption. And also hopefully the x86 emulation can be done with ARM processor in the near future.

Pikachief
11-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Ruining...? Outside of a few crappy Arcade games there's hardly any full kinect games. Anything else just has a few tacked on features that make no difference if your not a kinect user.

The constant dashboard updates to make it more kinect friendly and it seeming like Microsoft wants everything to be Kinect related and how they make it seem like Kinect is the future of gaming (at least on xbox) is really ruining any excitement I get for xbox in general or its future.

It's not ruining the games I'm playing of course not, but I feel almost as if its ruining my hope for future fun games on xbox because outside of the franchises Microsoft already has going, everything seems to be 100% Kinect.

calintz
11-21-2012, 06:20 PM
mmm might go microsoft as main and nintendo (as always) as my secondary this gen

unless sony has some awesome exclusives again...

Kiuju2k
11-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Well i'll tell you what, I have had a kinect since there it's release, and in that first year it was kind of rough, the software wasn't there and the extra functionality wasn't there either. Now, the software still isn't there, but the functionality is on point. I cut that mother fucker on and all I do is talk to it, TALK TO IT, and it does that shit. "Xbox" - "Apps" - "Hulu Plus". Then going into the applications I talk to that mother fucker again, and straight up.... it's awesome for that alone is what i'm saying. If the nextbox has this and focuses on that kind of user experience, I'm in. The software will never be what it needs to be because devs don't want to invest the time into researching it, and I can't blame them.

Northeastmonk
11-24-2012, 10:07 PM
idk why the kinect doesn't have a warning that it automatically sets itself up to be the mic during online gaming. I didn't realize it was a default mic until I saw my gametag pop up with the waves telling my i just said something. I mean, its not like you're always playing by yourself.

Pikachief
11-24-2012, 10:10 PM
idk why the kinect doesn't have a warning that it automatically sets itself up to be the mic during online gaming. I didn't realize it was a default mic until I saw my gametag pop up with the waves telling my i just said something. I mean, its not like you're always playing by yourself.

lol yea I was playing some halo the other day and someone in my house said something really loud right next to it and we had our stereo system up real loud (cuz the sounds in halo 4 are awesome) and it echoed off of someone else's mic in the game.

made me jump a bit haha

Reality
11-27-2012, 03:19 PM
I guess they are following Apple's example with the iPad 3. As it too is simply called iPad. Making every consumer in the world confused out of their mind.

Beam
11-27-2012, 08:57 PM
I too have a Kinect and haven't used it for anything really except for opening a few doors in mass effect 3, but my nephew loves it. Dark gaming days are a'comin I tells ya!

Kiuju2k
11-30-2012, 04:22 AM
is it still 8 megs ram?

Sulblazer
12-04-2012, 06:22 AM

Oh yeah...cuz apple is hurting real bad right now. I mean really, how are they still in business?

eastx
12-05-2012, 05:02 AM
Oh yeah...cuz apple is hurting real bad right now. I mean really, how are they still in business?

So because Apple is wealthy, they can't make mistakes or questionable decisions? You should pat yourself on the back for that bit of reasoning.

Drunken Savior
12-05-2012, 05:04 AM
I didn't get it either. I assumed it was poorly executed sarcasm and left it alone.

Sulblazer
12-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Yeah, was poorly executed sarcasm.

calintz
01-30-2013, 05:07 AM
Take note of the navigation bar to the top left-corner under the XBOX logo

http://i.imgur.com/YHsQ84j.png

Quickly reverted back to the original website after a refresh.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510685

Drunken Savior
01-30-2013, 06:19 AM
'The New Xbox' could mean a number of things, not necessarily a new console. Let's hope it is though, the Wii U is stinkin' up the place. Oh, shit...I went there!

progmetal
01-30-2013, 06:21 AM
Microsoft copying Apple.

Paper exe
01-30-2013, 06:42 AM
Wish they'd just follow Sony's lead and keep the current design of the 360's controller going. Aside from the shitty d-pad, it's a very good design.

Actually the D-pad is pretty great now they remolded the xbox controllers now every new controller got a cool comfy D-Pad.

I have always hated the xbox controller but after this it beat and put the dull shock and Nintendo classic controller to shame. Only problem is the button shape and layout but i guess they have to be different.

calintz
01-30-2013, 10:25 AM
'The New Xbox' could mean a number of things, not necessarily a new console.!

but abit suspicious for them to remove it then

eastx
01-30-2013, 11:50 AM
The New Xbox isn't a bad name, really. It's sort of what a lot of people would be calling the console anyway. I wouldn't complain if that's what they went with.

Actually the D-pad is pretty great now they remolded the xbox controllers now every new controller got a cool comfy D-Pad.

If you mean the transforming d-pad, it's certainly comfy but unfortunately has a design flaw that makes it prone to breaking off. Another forum member complained about it a while back, and it happened to me too recently.

Kiuju2k
01-30-2013, 07:48 PM
This has now been debunked in the same neogaf thread. Pages 2-4

Joe Redifer
01-30-2013, 08:08 PM
The New Xbox isn't a bad name, really.

Actually it is. It can't be new forever. Three years down the road you still want to be calling it "The New Xbox"? This would set it up to be the blunt of many jokes. "Xbox" is better than "The New Xbox". Worst is "Xbox Next". Not sure what idiot thought of that one. I vote for "Xbox 361", personally. But they should differentiate it from the Xbox which already is called Xbox. The Xbox 360 was only called 360 so it could have a 3 next to the name so it wouldn't appear less powerful than the Playstation 3. Get Xbox 2 or Playstation 3? Well the PS3 MUST be more powerful because it has a higher number.

Also, if they were taking Apple's lead, Xbox would be pronounced "Ten Box".

calintz
01-30-2013, 08:39 PM
how is that taking apple's lead?

but if they did take apple's lead, it probably will be just Xbox, like the new iPad and future iPads are called, iPad, and all new Macbook are called, wait for it, Macbook

eastx
01-30-2013, 08:43 PM
I guess you open it up for confusion by putting Next in the title, but no more than by simply calling it Xbox. As long as the successor's name is both different and not Xbox 360, I think people would get their heads around it.

Also, that website screenshot hasn't been completely debunked. There's no proof it's real, but no positive proof it's not real, either. I remain undecided towards its authenticity.

Paper exe
01-31-2013, 01:15 AM
If you mean the transforming d-pad, it's certainly comfy but unfortunately has a design flaw that makes it prone to breaking off. Another forum member complained about it a while back, and it happened to me too recently.

wow I didn't know that i don't play my xbox much. Thanks for the info!

javi
02-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Actually it is. It can't be new forever. Three years down the road you still want to be calling it "The New Xbox"? This would set it up to be the blunt of many jokes. "Xbox" is better than "The New Xbox". Worst is "Xbox Next". Not sure what idiot thought of that one. I vote for "Xbox 361", personally. But they should differentiate it from the Xbox which already is called Xbox. The Xbox 360 was only called 360 so it could have a 3 next to the name so it wouldn't appear less powerful than the Playstation 3. Get Xbox 2 or Playstation 3? Well the PS3 MUST be more powerful because it has a higher number.

Also, if they were taking Apple's lead, Xbox would be pronounced "Ten Box".

Not only would "The New Xbox" be a joke, but it will be a joke that will grow old very quickly. It's funny at first, becomes an internet meme, but it will die very quickly, just like the keyboard cat.

Pikachief
02-03-2013, 12:41 PM
I vote for "Xbox 361", personally. But they should differentiate it from the Xbox which already is called Xbox. The Xbox 360 was only called 360 so it could have a 3 next to the name so it wouldn't appear less powerful than the Playstation 3. Get Xbox 2 or Playstation 3? Well the PS3 MUST be more powerful because it has a higher number.

I vote for 365. XBOX 365! CUZ YOU'LL PLAY IT 365 DAYS OF THE YEAR :kefka:

progmetal
02-06-2013, 09:16 AM
So just like how PC gaming is then.

Microsoft’s next console will require an Internet connection in order to function, ruling out a second-hand game market for the platform. A new iteration of Xbox Live will be an integral part of Microsoft’s next console, while improved Kinect hardware will also ship alongside the unit.

Sources with first-hand experience of Microsoft’s next generation console have told us that although the next Xbox will be absolutely committed to online functionality, games will still be made available to purchase in physical form. Next Xbox games will be manufactured on 50GB-capacity Blu-ray discs, Microsoft having conceded defeat to Sony following its ill-fated backing of the HD-DVD format. It is believed that games purchased on disc will ship with activation codes, and will have no value beyond the initial user.

Our source has also confirmed that the next Xbox’s recently rumoured specs are entirely accurate. That means an AMD eight-core x64 1.6GHz CPU, a D3D11.x 800MHz graphics solution and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. As of now, the console’s hard drive capacity is said to be undecided, but Microsoft’s extended commitment to online delivery suggests that it will be the largest unit it has put inside a console to date.

Though the architectures of the next-gen Xbox and PlayStation both resemble that of PCs, several development sources have told us that Sony’s solution is preferable when it comes to leveraging power. Studios working with the next-gen Xbox are currently being forced to work with only approved development libraries, while Sony is encouraging coders to get closer to the metal of its box. Furthermore, the operating system overhead of Microsoft’s next console is more oppressive than Sony’s equivalent, giving the PlayStation-badged unit another advantage.

Unlike Nintendo, Microsoft is continuing to invest heavily in motion-control interfaces, and a new, more reliably responsive Kinect will also ship alongside the next Xbox. Sony’s next-generation console camera system is said to have a similar set of features, and is expected to be discussed at the company’s PlayStation event on February 20.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/the-next-xbox-always-online-no-second-hand-games-50gb-blu-ray-discs-and-new-kinect/

calintz
02-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Though the architectures of the next-gen Xbox and PlayStation both resemble that of PCs, several development sources have told us that Sony’s solution is preferable when it comes to leveraging power. Studios working with the next-gen Xbox are currently being forced to work with only approved development libraries, while Sony is encouraging coders to get closer to the metal of its box. Furthermore, the operating system overhead of Microsoft’s next console is more oppressive than Sony’s equivalent, giving the PlayStation-badged unit another advantage.

fanboys are gonna be loving that part

Paper exe
02-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Other than a few first party games I don't think the next xbox would be worth much. It is not the strongest and got no new features and many problems (forced online/ no used games) heck i think build in kenect is a problem it self. Motion control suck the wii proved that even Nintendo abandoned it after nailing 100m system sell with not much software. lol

Nem
02-06-2013, 12:04 PM
So just like how PC gaming is then.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/the-next-xbox-always-online-no-second-hand-games-50gb-blu-ray-discs-and-new-kinect/

Haha... im so not getting this system. Will be the only one im not getting.
Greedy microsoft! Connect to the internet and get no used games, and get no online play. You connect to f--k yourself basically.

eastx
02-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Let's all make purchasing decisions based on a rumor and before the system is even announced. Hop to it!

calintz
02-06-2013, 06:09 PM
it's the internet - that's what we do

Joe Redifer
02-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Yup. I would not buy a system that requires an internet connection, however. That's just stupid. It also really limits their potential userbase so I have a hard time this will come to fruition.

SavedFromSin
02-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Didn't stop Blizzard.........

Joe Redifer
02-07-2013, 02:00 AM
The only thing I know about them is that they made Blackthorne for the 32X and SNES.

Badrats Studio
02-07-2013, 03:53 AM
Always online practically narrowed the market into strong internet connection countries. I don't think either Microsoft or Sony wants to lose market even though it's minimal.

Paper exe
02-07-2013, 09:02 AM
The only thing I know about them is that they made Blackthorne for the 32X and SNES.

that's not true you know world of Warcraft as well.

Drunken Savior
02-18-2013, 02:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/vS27vRg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SverV9Q.jpg

Badrats Studio
02-18-2013, 03:40 AM
xbox infinity sounds ... i dunno .... cheesy ? :D

Drunken Savior
02-18-2013, 03:55 AM
So did Xbox 360. :P

Joe Redifer
02-18-2013, 04:50 AM
Well it is the last Xbox evar so the name fits. Xbox said at the beginning that they only wanted to make 3 consoles. I always trust what Xbox says.

eastx
02-18-2013, 06:29 AM
Almost a "Console formerly known as Xbox" vibe, if not for the infinity symbol actually being pronounceable...

Joe Redifer
02-18-2013, 06:34 AM
That would be awesome, have some unpronounceable symbol for the name. And then when people started calling it something, change the symbol. Keep doing it each time.

Icarus4578
02-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Not sure if this is true but I heard that both Microsoft and Sony next-gen consoles must always be online-enabled in order to play anything. If that's the case, goodbye.

Paper exe
02-19-2013, 01:20 PM
you already said "goodbye" and quite gaming years ago. :P

Icarus4578
02-19-2013, 01:56 PM
I didn't "quit gaming," I simply play far less. My passion for gaming all but evaporated with the loss of imaginative new offerings. Big licenses and tired old franchises seem to be the order of the day. It's disheartening to watch as console developers impose their brand of market control (e.g. attempting to circumvent the first-sale doctrine), nonsensical regulations, etc. etc. But I've gone down this route too many times in the past to expound upon it again. Suffice to say, if it's mandatory that these new consoles be online-enabled in order to play, they will never have a place in my house. I won't submit to being a mere subject to corporate oversight over what I do with products I own; this isn't the Dark Ages. They should feel privileged that people are willing to support their products, not the other way around. Keep treating people like farm animals and watch it backfire.

Escaflowne2001
02-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Not sure if this is true but I heard that both Microsoft and Sony next-gen consoles must always be online-enabled in order to play anything. If that's the case, goodbye.

Why? you always connected to the internet when you use the XB360 anyway so...

Drunken Savior
02-19-2013, 08:51 PM
It's been awhile since I played my 360, but I'm sure you could play it offline if you wished.

Havoc2049
02-19-2013, 10:12 PM
I didn't "quit gaming," I simply play far less. My passion for gaming all but evaporated with the loss of imaginative new offerings. Big licenses and tired old franchises seem to be the order of the day. It's disheartening to watch as console developers impose their brand of market control (e.g. attempting to circumvent the first-sale doctrine), nonsensical regulations, etc. etc. But I've gone down this route too many times in the past to expound upon it again. Suffice to say, if it's mandatory that these new consoles be online-enabled in order to play, they will never have a place in my house. I won't submit to being a mere subject to corporate oversight over what I do with products I own; this isn't the Dark Ages. They should feel privileged that people are willing to support their products, not the other way around. Keep treating people like farm animals and watch it backfire.

Sounds like you need to get with the indie/kickstarter movement and become a PC gamer???

Icarus4578
02-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Why? you always connected to the internet when you use the XB360 anyway so...

Actually, that's not the case. I tend to enjoy playing solo. The best thing about online was fighting games, particularly SFIII. But from what I heard, they want to make online mandatory for the next-gen. What about yourself? Does this sound appealing to you?

Sounds like you need to get with the indie/kickstarter movement and become a PC gamer???

Maybe I will, provided they have the kind of software I like. Then again, besides the Xbox ∞ and PS4, there's also going to be various other consoles in the coming gen which aren't being discussed besides Steam's.

eastx
02-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Actually, that's not the case. I tend to enjoy playing solo. The best thing about online was fighting games, particularly SFIII. But from what I heard, they want to make online mandatory for the next-gen. What about yourself? Does this sound appealing to you?

Do you not own a router or something? Whether playing single-player or online multiplayer, the Xbox 360 will connect to Xbox Live by default. You'd have to remove the Ethernet cord or otherwise disable your internet connection to prevent it, which is silly all around.

Paper exe
02-20-2013, 12:01 PM
It suck because if they shut down the serves all the games you bought will be rendered unplayable and got no collection value.

Also sometimes router disconnect by it self every once in a while, it may be rare but I don't want that to happen in mid gameplay and LOSS all my progress in the process, cause the milt-billion companies now days are INCAPABLE of making a proper system that can be turned on without the help of a router!!

In what way you look at it, forced online has no benefit for the consumer (my self) so why would you or anyone want it? :confused:

Escaflowne2001
02-20-2013, 02:08 PM
But from what I heard, they want to make online mandatory for the next-gen. What about yourself? Does this sound appealing to you?

Like I said I use the XB360 more then any other console. The XB360 connects me to Xbox Live automatically whenever I switch it on. So really it's not going to be any different whatsoever.

I'm sure it's more of a worry for people living in remote areas but in the last year. We may of had problems with the internet once for like three days. So it's no biggy to me at all.

Quasar
03-10-2013, 02:43 AM
Just found out that one of my professors for Marketing and Branding is on the account for advertising the new Xbox. He's one of like 9 people who know the new name. Sadly, I couldn't get him to risk the consequences and tell me it. LMAO

Reality
03-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Yeah it's going to be Xbox 720. It was revealed in the movie "Real Steel".