PDA

View Full Version : Mac Help

SavedFromSin
09-26-2012, 10:05 PM
My Macbook Pro is running super slow. I don't know what the issue is as I am not educated enough in Mac products to figure it out. When the computer boots up the screen is all scrambled multiple colors before it gets to log in. Even further, when I get to the desktop, this box appears with an exclamation point with something to click on, but before I can read what it says it vanishes (appears and disappears very rapidly). All of this combined with the computer running very slow. I was going to take it into Apple at the Genius Bar, but I figured enough of you on here use Mac that I may be able to solve it this way. Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe Redifer
09-26-2012, 11:06 PM
You don't have an anti-virus program installed, do you? I've never head of an issue like this. What OS are you using?

SavedFromSin
09-26-2012, 11:29 PM
No anti-virus installed. I'm using Mountain Lion.

Joe Redifer
09-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Do you have whatever that back-up thing is called enabled? Time Stamp? Time Machine? Maybe it is backing up when you're trying to use the computer. I perform my own backups and don't use Time Stamp or Time Machine or whatever it is called. But it sounds like something is running and taking up a lot of resources.

Reality
09-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Try a program called Onyx for Mac. It'll repair your Disk Permission and correct any damaged files.

Ernst
09-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Yep never heard of anything like that. Whenever I hear anything about scrambled colours I figure something physical is wrong. You know, something internal?

SavedFromSin
09-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Downloaded Onyx...I don't what the hell I'm doing. Maybe I'll just take it in.

Ernst...it isn't the physical screen causing a pixelation issue, it is the program doing it...if that makes sense.