PDA

View Full Version : What do u think of Mario Sunshine>?

hootie17
05-19-2002, 08:46 PM
The basic premise of the game is that a "evil" Mario clone (not wario) put graffitti all over a town, and now you, (equipped with a Luigi's mansion style backpack that shoots water) now have to clean up after your evil self. i personally think it does NOT make for a good storyline, and if you have seen my Is mario a sell out thread, (http://mb.vgdirectory.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=247) u will se my point.

if u did not see screen shots look here
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screenindex/0,11104,533287,00.html

Wolf
05-19-2002, 09:35 PM
Well, I thought for Mario 64 we would see that Bowser is just a puppet and all along Luigi has been behind the Princesses kidnappings. He is all jealous of Mario and what not.

Would have been cool but it turned out to be the same 'ol. ;)

Shining Force
05-20-2002, 02:01 AM
I think the story will make for some unique gameplay. And the fact that nintendo would never let this game be released if it was anything but perfect helps a lot.

Bookbagninja
05-20-2002, 03:10 PM
I think the idea is REALLY bad. But, like Shining Force said, it's gonna probably be a cool game in terms of gameplay. Personally, I would LOVE for a 2-D game to come out for this system, in Mario format, of course. That would be sooooooo nice, and I could finally die happy... well, not that I'm dying or anything, but if I were to die, I would be happy... not saying that video games are my life or anything, but.... you know.... sorry, I've said too much.

Black Ace
05-20-2002, 10:17 PM
I actually have mix feelings about this game, good and more bad. Good first, well its a Mario game, and Nintendo never failed to deliver. Now to bad, the concept behind cleaning up paint on the island makes it weak. I'd prefer exploration like Super Mario 64 and solving puzzles.

Shining Force
05-20-2002, 10:27 PM
Man, a new 2d mario would be pretty damn awesome... I'm hoping they make a -->NEW<-- one for GBA. Mario World is without a doubt the best Mario there was to me. If they could recreate the same experience with new levels, I would be estatic.

The level design I think is the most important thing... like Lost Levels, while harder, just plain sucked because of horrid level design. It seemed so random to me.

hootie17
05-20-2002, 10:39 PM
i agree with bookbagninga, the idea sounds bad, but i will wait to play

Kid0_oIcarus
05-21-2002, 09:47 AM
Will play it will love it, I know it..

But what I really want is a 3D remake of Super Mario Bros 3.. that game is one of my favorite games of all time

Bookbagninja
05-21-2002, 11:22 PM
NO! Bad Kid0_oIcarus! No 3-D games! No more daggone remakes!!! NEW games! 2-D graphics!!!

Oh, sorry... just... kinda went loose there.

hootie17
05-22-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
But what I really want is a 3D remake of Super Mario Bros 3.. that game is one of my favorite games of all time

i agree to the fullest

k0ach
05-23-2002, 01:06 AM
i agree with everyone that the story for mario sunshine sounds retarded. but then again, think of the original mario story, two plumbers get transported to the mushroom kingdom and they have to rescue princess peach from the evil koopa. sounds just as dumb to me.

i've said this before in another thread, story really doesn't matter in games, it's a game, not a movie or a book where plot does matter. a game is all about playing and not trying to tell a story.

and yes, super mario bros. 3 is the best. :)

Kid0_oIcarus
05-23-2002, 11:31 AM
k0ach, I agree that story doesn't really matter in most games, in fact- Miyamoto himself doesn't think story/plot as an integral part of games.

Unless of course, the whole object of the game is to tell a story :D

Black Sugar
05-23-2002, 06:39 PM
Mario Sunshine look very beautiful and engaging.

Miyamoto was able to recreate the same kind of feeling as Super Mario 3. Meaning, to play as Mario in a strange world and without having a clue in what kind of characters or monsters he will encounter next.

I was worried, because Super Mario World was really a big disapointement personally.

As for Mario 64, we all know that this game rewrite the genre as we know .

hootie17
05-23-2002, 10:32 PM
well...
if u mean re-write the genre as in making good gameplay wit horrible plots then ur right, but we will have to wait till Aug. 26.

Black Sugar
05-24-2002, 01:17 AM
The only "story" in the Mario series was Mario RPG...then again, this game was made by Square -.-...!

Black Ace
05-24-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Black Bahamut
The only "story" in the Mario series was Mario RPG...then again, this game was made by Square -.-...!

But with Nintendo consent. So Nintendo is as much involved with it as Square.

Yoshi
05-27-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Bill

But with Nintendo consent. So Nintendo is as much involved with it as Square. Yep. Mario RPG's story wasn't contrived enough to Square's effort alone. ;)

Kid0_oIcarus
05-29-2002, 09:24 AM
So where are we on the SMB3 GC remake? Get moving people. I want to see an announcement soon! :D

k0ach
06-05-2002, 12:02 AM
So where are we on the SMB3 GC remake? Get moving people. I want to see an announcement soon

just to make myself clear Icarus, i don't want to see a remake fo super mario bros. 3, i want a new game with the same game engine. whole new levels, same gameplay.

i want more hammer suit mario!!

Kid0_oIcarus
06-06-2002, 04:57 PM
New levels are great and all, as long as they include (and adhere to the quality of) the worlds in the original SMB3.. I love Giant Land!! ^_^

They could mix it up a little, I'm down with that.

But if the only way I'd get another crack at stuffing Mario or Luigi into a racoon suit is to play a remake- I'm all over that! That's all I'm saying..