PDA

View Full Version : D3 1.04 Changes

Chronos
08-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Looks like the game is going to improve a lot once 1.04 releases. There's going to be legendary item buffs, where they are adding new proccing monster affix abilities like shielding, fire trail. Also item level 61 and 62 weapons are getting a dps increase so they can be almost as good as an item level 63 weapon, and the more annoying monster affixes like invulnerable minions are being removed altogether or nerfed. Full patch notes haven't been released but you can find all of the info by googling "diablo 3 1.04."

No word on the witch doctor class though, which is disappointing.

All in all I'm not sure if it's enough to make me switch from path of exile where I feel more connected to my characters. The game is like a modern diablo 2 whereas diablo 3 is like some weird arpg / hack-n-slash / MMO / auction house amalgamation.

Alucard
08-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Blizzard can fuck off after nerfing the game so badly to appease the auction house. I wont be loading the game up again.

KingOfSentinels
08-16-2012, 04:15 PM
The ship has long since sailed as far as I'm concerned, I've got no real interest in D3 now. Torchlight 2 is just around the corner anyway.

Blizzard done goofed.

Chronos
08-16-2012, 04:24 PM
AH is anti-fun. PoE has no gold whatsoever--you trade directly with players.

Northeastmonk
08-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Here is a nice video explaining the changes. Mainly weapon aesthetics.
2HdRJUvcSCY

I went on the AH to buy a better weapon for my barb and everything has been increased ten fold in what they want. These changes look great, but all it is is flare outside of the weapon abilities. I bet once D3 gets an expansion and all is done, it will be worth going back. Because with all do respect TL2 is also not Diablo. On the other hand, PoE is doing great. What a crap waiting line Blizzard has put their fans in. But we're not a year into launch yet. So everything could be different about the same time next year.

Blizzard can't be sitting there with their thumbs up their ass when they have a reputation to uphold.

Chronos
08-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Someone suggested making both auction houses gold only, so no items whatsoever. That would be a huge step in the right direction.

Northeastmonk
08-16-2012, 04:58 PM
I think its going to take a while before the AH makes any sense. Farming for gold just gets old after a while. I'd rather have a higher level cap and better drops. I haven't found any good drops since the AH went live.

spider-prime
08-17-2012, 03:06 AM
at least they are trying to fix it, but too little too late.

Alucard
08-17-2012, 03:28 AM
They're not trying hard enough. Any changes done will be done in the smallest way so it doesnt interfere with their primary goal, making money from the real money auction house.

spider-prime
08-20-2012, 03:31 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/20/diablo-3-adds-high-level-paragon-system-featuring-100-new-leve/ now they are adding paragon levels which will up your stats and magic/gold find to the max!

lol they really want people to come back and play. I'm more interested in playing now. but I still want a survival mode.

Chronos
08-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Enjoying PoE way too much to even consider playing D3 at this point.

Northeastmonk
08-20-2012, 04:27 PM
It still doesn't change weapon drops. But it could help current gear.

Isn't Survival mode considered hardcore? I mean, if you dont survive you're dead anyway. I want another couple acts, better gear, more character classes, higher level cap, and these things they just added.

spider-prime
08-20-2012, 04:31 PM
in a way it will, cause when you reach level 100, you will have capped 300% magic find and gold find.

bujeezus
08-27-2012, 10:12 AM
i've given up on d3. waiting for torchlight 2 to come out.

spider-prime
08-27-2012, 03:38 PM
I said fuck it also and I'm just going to wait for an expansion if it's any good. Why waste my time getting the best items when a expansion will just come up that gives the better items even faster.