PDA

View Full Version : New Gears of War at E3

justin_credible
06-01-2012, 02:57 AM
http://www.411mania.com/games/news/240540/New-Gears-of-War-Game-Announced-at-E3.htm

I dont care if 3 was supposed to be the last, that never ends up happening. Do want.

Sinful Sam
06-01-2012, 03:12 AM
I got kind of bored with GOW 3 and I was playing it on co-op. That usually makes any single player game fun.

Escaflowne2001
06-01-2012, 03:48 AM
I dont care if 3 was supposed to be the last, that never ends up happening. Do want.

Just the end of Marcus' story the same the Mass Effect "trilogy". Appreantly it's being developed by the epic owned studio People Can Fly aswell (Painkiller/Bulletstorm)

calintz
06-01-2012, 04:07 AM
awesome

Joe Redifer
06-01-2012, 05:59 AM
A sequel to an established franchise? FUCK YEAH!

eastx
06-01-2012, 06:01 AM
It will probably be a prequel, actually.

Nem
06-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Gears of War: Judgement. Its on the front page of the magicbox atm.

Not that i care. Could never get into the series.

Northeastmonk
06-02-2012, 03:24 AM
Microsoft has revealed the next installment of Gears of Wars, titled Gears of Wars: Judgment, the developer is People Can Fly, who worked on the Bulletstorm franchise. The images show Damon Baird and Augustus Cole Train Cole surround by the Locust hordes. (Source: Gameinformer Magazine)

http://the-magicbox.com/1205/game120531d.shtml

The gratuitous minds behind Bulletstorm and Painkiller are making the fourth Gears of War game.
Thursday’s announcement of a new Gears of War was what could fairly be called an Internet-pointing-at-the-moon moment. There’s going to be a new entry in one of the best-selling franchises of the past six years! Epic Games will discuss it at E3 and Game Informer, one of the best-circulated publications in the U.S. partnered with one of the top three video game retailers in that country, will have exclusive details about the game on Monday following its reveal at Microsoft’s E3 press conference.
Well, yeah. Had you approached a betting man on Monday claiming this as a hypothetical situation, he likely would not have bet against it happening. Occam’s Razor applies: The most likely scenario is that Epic will make another Gears game on Xbox. Such a game would make the companies involved money dollars. Or, put another way: Doy.
What is surprising though is that it will not be one of the teams at Epic’s home base in North Carolina putting out this latest Gears. People Can Fly, the intrepid Polish studio behind Bulletstorm, will be slinging the Lancers at this rodeo.
Epic Games’ president Mike Capps let the proverbial cat out of the bag on Twitter on Friday, responding to inquires of, “Do I detect People Can Fly involvement?” with an emphatic, “YES YES YES!” Later, Eurogamer reported that People Can Fly’s creative director Adrian Chmlelarz Tweeted, “I detect Epic PR team’s heart attack.” That Tweet was promptly removed.
People Can Fly’s involvement in Gears of War is exciting first because it means that the studio is healthy and surviving. Capps confirmed in April at the PAX East Conference that Bulletstorm 2 had been cancelled after the first game didn’t meet publisher Electronic Arts’ sales expectations in 2011. “We had thought a lot about a sequel, and had done some initial development on it, but we found a project that we thought was a better fit for People Can Fly,” said the executive.
Gears of War is a series overdue for some fresh ideas. While the three Xbox 360 games in the series have only increased in quality, they’ve all been built around the same fundamental base of pleasantly leaden cover-based shooting. A fourth game using the same foundation with a new story simply wouldn’t be enough. People Can Fly’s style, as evidenced by Painkiller and Bulletstorm, is defined by faster, more kinetic action than what’s seen in the Gears series, not to mention a stronger sense of humor. Fingers crossed that there involvement means that the studio’s distinct perspective will be define this new game.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/bulletstorm-creators-people-can-fly-making-epics-new-gears-of-war/#ixzz1wcFB7SEs

Why the *&$# are they doing it? Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but shouldn't Cliff and his team work on it. It is their series and all. They're probably too busy with mobile games and the UE4. Which is not a problem when you think about it. If its one thing I'd love to see in next gen titles is a brand new engine that has been awesome for years on end.
http://the-magicbox.com/1205/gears41.jpghttp://the-magicbox.com/1205/gears43.jpg
http://the-magicbox.com/1205/gears42.jpg

zechin
06-02-2012, 08:46 PM
probably $$$ behind the scenes from Microsoft asking Epic to get another gears of war team on their system. So they just give the project to the Bulletstorm guys. Cliff Blezinski seems like he's burnt out on the series and wants to do something new.

Drunken Savior
06-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Didn't the first Gears of War start this way? Macrus arrested?

Northeastmonk
06-02-2012, 10:30 PM
That was my first assumption DS that is was Marcus when he got arrested. Remember they had to free him because he was the best. I was thinking it was Marcus as a young guy or something. Because most of the prior Gears titles also had an older Cole Train who was a famous football player.

This could be a FPS for all I know, considering they're saying its not going to be like traditional Gears pacing. I believe there was a rumor a long time ago that there was going to be an Exile or something Gears and Kinect.

Drunken Savior
06-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Obviously a thrashball game between the humans and the locust. Mutant League Football style.

justin_credible
06-02-2012, 10:47 PM
It will be a tennis/golf hybrid.

Beam
06-03-2012, 02:16 PM
i just finished bulletstorm yesterday and it leaves quite a bit to be desired, all the foul language in the world can't save a game if it doesn't have good play mechanics. the skill shots are only mildly entertaining for about the first forty minutes.

it was a very decent game but would have highly benefited from a more story driven approach, it would have helped if it was longer length wise also after reaching the end so quickly it felt just like DLC.

so hopefully "people can fly" don't butcher gears.

SavedFromSin
06-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Sometimes I wonder if I am the only person who loved Bulletstorm. The entire game was awesome and I was disappointed when it finally ended. However, saying all of that, I do not think the developers behind the game should be doing Gears of War. That is a very big mistake because, while Bulletstorm was fun, the developer is nowhere near the level to handle something like Gears.

Northeastmonk
06-04-2012, 12:28 AM
After playing roughly 45 minutes of Bulletstorm I feel as though it is simply a generic shooter with a small amount of flare to make it worth checking out. The graphics and gameplay are real smooth. I also had no idea it had its own single player campaign. All I saw in trailers and videos were from multiplayer. You're right about all the gratuitous language. It seems to take no breaks in trying to lure you into the game's world. But the whole universe has made zero sense. I hope People Can Fly has a good story writer or I might just skip this one. Even though this entry is part of the Gears franchise, I still consider the series to be finished with 3.

justin_credible
06-04-2012, 12:38 AM
It strikes me as funny that everyone played through Bulletstorm and were dissapointed and thought it was generic. That's exactly why I avoided it all together.

Reality
06-04-2012, 07:11 AM
http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/image/474

Kiuju2k
06-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Lol this is how Microsoft is going to drag the rest of this gen out? No thanks guys, I was done with GOW at 2.

Now is the time to release those special 4/5th gen quality games that usually happens at the end of a console life cycle. We will see as e3 progresses.

Beam
06-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Sometimes I wonder if I am the only person who loved Bulletstorm. The entire game was awesome and I was disappointed when it finally ended. However, saying all of that, I do not think the developers behind the game should be doing Gears of War. That is a very big mistake because, while Bulletstorm was fun, the developer is nowhere near the level to handle something like Gears.

that's just my point it was fun but not much depth at all. It had some really good moments but no length and that's where my disappointment comes in it was too short and that's why I say it felt like dlc.