PDA

View Full Version : A couple of random Xbox 360 questions

Joe Redifer
04-03-2012, 06:24 AM
-How do I enable 3D? For example, in Sonic Generations (demo), I go to 3D options but it tells me I need to have a 3D TV. Here's the CrAzY thing though... I do have a 3D TV. I have it all connected with HDMI and all that shit. I have "Detect Displays" or some crap like that enabled as well as "Optimum Resolution" selected. It still tells me that I don't have a 3D TV. The PS3 version of the demo (which is just as choppy) doesn't give me any horseshit about not having a 3D TV. I turn the 3D on, the resolution of the game drops to 720p, the lag increases and away I go.

-My Xbox 360 controller's green lights keep flashing as I play. Why? The top right and bottom left light will flash alternatively with the top left and bottom right light. Then it returns to the normal 1-player light. Then it starts flashing again. It can't be low battery because the screen says I have about 1/2 of my battery life left. The controller works fine and it has been doing this for days. What da hizzell?

Alucard
04-03-2012, 06:36 AM
Its an xbox so I'd say cross your eyes.

Sinful Sam
04-03-2012, 07:48 AM
I been wondering the same thing about the controller. I just ignored it... lol

Nem
04-03-2012, 08:20 AM
The controller keeps doing that everytime it reaches half charge. In theory its to remind you to charge up... in practice its just annoying and distracting and actually spends the battery faster for doing that.

Dont you just love microsoft? Yeah... thats another reason why i'm ditching them next-gen.

darren
04-03-2012, 11:13 AM
seems like an odd reason do ditch the company .... why else

Drunken Savior
04-03-2012, 11:19 AM
In theory its to remind you to charge up... in practice its just annoying and distracting and actually spends the battery faster for doing that.

True....but let's not make a mountain out of a molehill over it. "Low Battery" Indicators are on virtually every product that uses batteries.

Icarus4578
04-03-2012, 11:31 AM
-My Xbox 360 controller's green lights keep flashing as I play. Why? The top right and bottom left light will flash alternatively with the top left and bottom right light. Then it returns to the normal 1-player light. Then it starts flashing again. It can't be low battery because the screen says I have about 1/2 of my battery life left. The controller works fine and it has been doing this for days. What da hizzell?

Funny, my controller will flash even when it's plugged directly into the console. Perhaps they think that the flashing lights gives the console a futuristic flair or something.

progmetal
04-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Yeah it flashes even when it's fully charged. Annoying, but not as bad as all the hassle to charge the controllers with the play & charge kit. What a POS.

Better to just use cables instead.

Icarus4578
04-03-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm always paying attention to the action onscreen. Therefore, it's a non-issue from my end.

darren
04-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Yeah it flashes even when it's fully charged. .

then theres something wrong with the pad, as mine dont nor do the kids.

but icarus has some good advice

I'm always paying attention to the action onscreen. Therefore, it's a non-issue from my end.

progmetal
04-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah i can look on the screen too Icarus, but it doesn't charge unless i pay attention that the charging lights doesn't go green all the time instead of red. So i have to pull the charging cable in and out several times before it charges, and that makes me look at the blinking lights all the time. lol

Joe Redifer
04-03-2012, 05:38 PM
I think instead of just flashing when it reaches 50%, it should also vibrate at the full intensity and also make some sort of loud noise or beep, like the Dreamcast VMU, but continuously on. I mean, it's at 50% capacity. DANGER, DANGER! PANIC TIME!

Nem
04-03-2012, 05:58 PM
seems like an odd reason do ditch the company .... why else
True....but let's not make a mountain out of a molehill over it. "Low Battery" Indicators are on virtually every product that uses batteries.

Its obviously not only because of that. :sweat:

You guys read my posts so seriously and disconnected from each other...

Yes, im unhappy with Microsoft, but its mainly because of limitations on 2 people on the same console and the way Xbox live is setup. Also the fact microsoft charges for online play and the shitty exclusives they have now. I bought the 360 because it had plenty of JRPGs. Nowadays all they have is Fable and Halo. I'm not a huge fan of either one so i'd rather change console next generation.

As a microsoft customer i felt like they were trying to rape me off my money all the time. If you know me, that tends to have the opposite effect.

Drunken Savior
04-03-2012, 06:11 PM
I didn't wanna pay for online play either.

So I built a PC and spent my gaming money on PC versions. :/

Nem
04-03-2012, 06:16 PM
I built me a PC last christmas and im pretty happy with it.

I use it for MMO's and PC exclusives.

My prefered method of gaming is still in a couch with a controller and an HD TV though. :)

Drunken Savior
04-03-2012, 06:36 PM
You can still game on a couch and HDTV with a PC.

I do it all the time:
Optical Audio from PC to Receiver
DVI to HDMI (http://amzn.com/B001TH7T2U) cable from PC to HDTV.

Sinful Sam
04-03-2012, 06:44 PM
The controller will flash for every little notice such as a friend who logged on, download complete, battery... but like some members said I just pay attention to what's on screen most of the time.

justin_credible
04-03-2012, 07:22 PM
I got a question:

I've got 3 red lights on the circle power thingy on the front of my 360, is that good or bad?

Joe Redifer
04-03-2012, 09:05 PM
That's just normal.

Optical Audio from PC to Receiver
How quaint. That's so 1990's. We have 7.1 losslessly compressed audio now or not compressed at all in the case of the PS3 which gives you full 7.1 surround for most games. It's not faked like Pro Logic. PCs just can't keep up with 6 year old consoles.

eastx
04-03-2012, 11:34 PM
I do find it annoying that PCs with HDMI outputs sometimes don't export audio via HDMI. Video card manufacturers should build that in if they're supporting HDMI at all.

darren
04-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Its obviously not only because of that. :sweat:

You guys read my posts so seriously and disconnected from each other...

Yes, im unhappy with Microsoft, but its mainly because of limitations on 2 people on the same console and the way Xbox live is setup. Also the fact microsoft charges for online play and the shitty exclusives they have now. I bought the 360 because it had plenty of JRPGs. Nowadays all they have is Fable and Halo. I'm not a huge fan of either one so i'd rather change console next generation.

As a microsoft customer i felt like they were trying to rape me off my money all the time. If you know me, that tends to have the opposite effect.

Doesn't the 360 get more jrpgs than the ps3 though.

Sinful Sam
04-04-2012, 03:52 AM
JRPGs in general took a big hit this gen. Heck after the PS1 it started going downhill...

Nem
04-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Doesn't the 360 get more jrpgs than the ps3 though.

It did... and might have the most overall.

But nowadays PS3 is getting the preference for obvious reasons. Its a bit late to be getting one for one or two games though.

JRPGs in general took a big hit this gen. Heck after the PS1 it started going downhill...

Very true.

The tales series seems to be the only one that still survives.

Most can only be found on the portables now.

I have a similar dilemma with the PSP. Its pretty much dead so its not worth it to get one anymore. Sony should've just kept going with it instead of trying to release the failure that is the Vita.

darren
04-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Tbh if jrpgs are your thing th ds and moving toward the 3ds will be your best friend not the home consoles, which will all probebly have exactly the shit as each other next gen

Einhander
04-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Here's a random question.

Why is my 360's internal clock so shitty?

Every time I reset it, I turn it on a few days later and it's completely out of whack again.

Does it seriously need to be connected online to tell the date and time?

Sinful Sam
04-11-2012, 04:38 AM
Are you unplugging it from the wall socket? My 360's internal clock used always reset from that... although I haven't noticed that on my Xbox 360 slim yet.

eastx
04-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Yes, it definitely needs continuous wall power or the clock resets.

Joe Redifer
04-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Is there a reason why the clock matters at all? Also, isn't there an option to make it automatically update itself via the internet?

eastx
04-11-2012, 07:14 PM
The clock doesn't really matter, no. I don't think you can have the system download updates while powered off or in the background, either, if that's what you mean. It has to be done when you turn on the system and sign in/attempt to connect to Live.

Einhander
04-11-2012, 10:13 PM
I don't unplug my 360 from the wall. I wondered if that's what it was as well, but that doesn't make sense.

Joe Redifer
04-11-2012, 11:47 PM
I meant automatically set the clock via the internet like the PS3 does. Not that I really care about the clock. I do like it on the PS3 since I watch movies on it and it is easy to check the time that way.

Einhander
04-12-2012, 12:16 AM
My 360 is almost never connected to the internet.

Sinful Sam
04-12-2012, 03:10 AM
I have no idea if the time self fixes when it connects to the internet. I haven't seen this problem since I got my Slim 360. Before when I had to older model the clock setup would come up as soon as I started up my console and I would just correct it.