PDA

View Full Version : F-Zero's Features

Bookbagninja
05-17-2002, 03:04 AM
http://www.xengamers.com/sections/news/7375/

In that very interesting interview regarding F-Zero and Sega's plans and hopes on what they would like to be seen accomplished with the game, he makes the distinction that the home version would have more features than the arcade one, obviously, because F-Zero originated as a home game. My only concern (knowing Sega, anything their workhouse, Amusement Vision touches is almost always gold) is that they really include a track editor feature. That was the whole purpose of releasing the F-Zero version for the DD64 that failed. I think a track editor would help this series in leaps and bounds.

Looking at games like Extreme G3 gives me much hope on what this could be. What are your thoughts on this matter, and do you think that a track editor is a good idea as well?

Kid0_oIcarus
05-17-2002, 02:14 PM
It'd be cool if you could take tracks you created at home and race on them in the arcades.

Bookbagninja
05-17-2002, 05:45 PM
That kind of idea would be great, and I know it would be supported and work in Japan, but I doubt it here. American companies are so scared of taking risks, and wondering if that added feature would be good or not is a risk thet probably wouldn't take. But, if anyone was to make the first step, Nintendo and Sega is the best bet.

Shining Force
05-20-2002, 01:04 AM
I hope they don't make this game too small...

I think that the length of F-zero X was great... a lot to do in that game. A track editor would be a neato addition, but I don't think its vital.

Bookbagninja
05-20-2002, 02:15 PM
True, true, but it would certainly be a high cool factor in the game that it can boast along with all the other features the game has to offer. I would hate this if the game was as small, track wise, as Extreme G. Though I doubt the game would ever dip that low, Amusement Vision is developing the game, and they have a nasty habit of only having 3 tracks. So, you can see why I have a somewhat fear.

One of the other coolest features I've ever seen in a game was the thing that Daytona 2:Championship Edition had. The challenge track where all three tracks were combined, meaning you just went straight without looping. That would be SUCH a cool feature for this game, for it to have like Port Challenge with all the Port Town tracks combined, or Sand Ocean. I think that would really be a new and innovative thing on the part of Sega. Thoughts?

Kid0_oIcarus
05-22-2002, 04:04 PM
You mean taking several tracks and combining them into one long track without laps? Sounds like a good idea.

Bookbagninja
05-22-2002, 07:08 PM
Uh-huh. The best feature I've seen in a racing game to date. Something that I think Seag should def. do since it was their dev. team that originated the idea (from what I gather.)

Kid0_oIcarus
05-23-2002, 11:27 AM
Yeah.. now if only there was a way to contact them and give them our great ideas... Hey! Maybe we'll even be mentioned in the credits!! :D

Bookbagninja
05-23-2002, 09:53 PM
Man, I've been trying to figure out how to contact them for years now. If you can figure out a way that they'll listen, tell me!

Bookbagninja
05-25-2002, 07:24 PM
Hey. Idea guys. Do you think weapons would be a good thing for this game? I mean, better ones than that hooky spin attack in X?

Yoshi
05-27-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Bookbagninja
Hey. Idea guys. Do you think weapons would be a good thing for this game? I mean, better ones than that hooky spin attack in X? I wish they'd leave that stuff out. I would like to see more focus on racing and less on the roller derby BS that was in FZX. Bring back the SNES gameplay with the Cube's visuals and sound.

Bookbagninja
05-27-2002, 11:28 PM
I agree that the spin "attack" was really hoaky, and they should return to their roots. Guess the weapons should stay with WipeOt, eh?

Yoshi
05-28-2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Bookbagninja
I agree that the spin "attack" was really hoaky, and they should return to their roots. Guess the weapons should stay with WipeOt, eh? Yep. That way, I can avoid them completely. :p

Black Sugar
05-28-2002, 11:32 AM
This what make F-Zero so original. This was a racing game
nothing more. This spin stuff on F-Zero X was completly stupid.

Go back to the roots for the Cube version.

Kid0_oIcarus
05-29-2002, 08:05 AM
Yeah F-Zero was all about the mad racing.