PDA

View Full Version : Loving my HALO LOL

THE ICHI
11-16-2011, 12:11 PM
But really they did a great job for the Halo Anniversary. I'm really enjoying it again. So only resident evil 1 and halo are true remakes. That's how you make a remake. :thumb-up:

Northeastmonk
11-16-2011, 12:17 PM
I think the render from old-to new button is excellent. It makes you feel like you're seriously enjoying a 100% remake. I also didnt realize how much it has aged, the shadows and detail of the environments used to look amazing back when it was first out . However; I checked out the maps and the only thing that feels actually good is beaver creek and headlong. But I havent cared about Halo maps since H2.

Shorty0061
11-16-2011, 01:44 PM
What is the graphics switcher mapped to? Every button on the 360 controller is the same as the old Xbox controller, just the white and black buttons have moved to the shoulders and the added guide button. If I remember correctly, the original halo had all of the buttons mapped to something, unless it's the dpad?

Havoc2049
11-16-2011, 02:09 PM
The back button switches between the Classic and Anniversary graphics on the fly.

One thing that I hate about the new textures is that many of the Marines and Naval crew now need to go on a diet. :lol:

Also, and maybe it's just me, but the old character textures seemed to have more life to them. I know this sounds weird, but the new character textures seem to have lost a little bit of their soul and charm.

Kiuju2k
11-16-2011, 02:30 PM
That's just nostalgia fucking with you.

Alucard
11-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Halo was never amazing graphically to begin with. It was good but nothing special compared to other games. I Was actually disappointed they didnt do something more for the remake. Using the newer engines would of been way better. Or at the very least improve those horrible 'revamped' character models.

calintz
11-17-2011, 03:50 AM
never a good thing to say about halo, yeah alucard?
:p

but in anycase, i'ma cop this, just for nostalgia sake... kinda like why i copped the 3DS zelda game

Alucard
11-17-2011, 04:00 AM
The option to switch between old and new is cool. I like that they actually changed the way some of the areas looked by adding grass or paths that werent there before. Hows that?

Sinful Sam
11-18-2011, 02:32 AM
I haven't heard much about this release. Seems like all the other releasese have overshadowed this game.

calintz
11-18-2011, 08:34 AM
as they should... this is a remake after all...

Havoc2049
11-22-2011, 02:11 PM
This game is pretty damn buggy. Lag in co-op can be pretty damn bad, game frooze on me once, weapons and bodies getting stuck in walls along with a wierd clicking noise when it happens. Halo is still one of my favorite games of all time, but this is not a good sign for 343 Studios, especialy with the bar set fairly high by Bungie.

eastx
11-23-2011, 03:13 AM
By lag you mean slowdown? Or were you playing online? I haven't had any problems so far. But Anniversary isn't made the way any normal game would be made - it's running 2 graphical engines at once, which is pretty damn complicated and unusual.

Alucard
11-23-2011, 03:45 AM
You sure its 2 engines and not just 1 with hires textures enabled? I cant see the system loading 2 different engines on the fly. I dont think thats possible.

eastx
11-23-2011, 04:29 AM
You sure its 2 engines and not just 1 with hires textures enabled? I cant see the system loading 2 different engines on the fly. I dont think thats possible.

That's what I've read. The actual geometry and effects change when you switch, not just the textures.

Making Halo Anniversary Work (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6546/making_halo_anniversary_work.php)

Alucard
11-23-2011, 05:36 AM
Yeah, models are no different then textures. You can switch them. But new engine means they'd have to load up a totally different instruction and graphic set into the memory. I'll read up on it I guess. Pretty sure thats how it works though.

Havoc2049
11-25-2011, 05:58 PM
By lag you mean slowdown? Or were you playing online? I haven't had any problems so far. But Anniversary isn't made the way any normal game would be made - it's running 2 graphical engines at once, which is pretty damn complicated and unusual.

Online co-op has major lag issues.