PDA

View Full Version : Sega's 03 GC line-up

MysticLegolas
01-26-2003, 08:55 PM
F-ZERO (Amusement Vision)
Let's Make a Professional Baseball Club 2 (Smilebit)
New Project (Hitmaker)
New Project (United Game Artists)
Nippon Professional Baseball 2003 (Wow
Entertainment)
New Sonic Project (Sonic Team)
Phantasy Star Online: Card Battle
(Sonic Team)
Skies of Arcadia: Legends (Overworks)
Sonic Adventure: DX (Sonic Team)
Virtua Fighter Quest (AM2)

Pretty cool...too bad the smilebit game isn't "Jet set Radio 3"

Black Ace
01-26-2003, 09:07 PM
What's Phantasy Star Online: Card Battle? A new game? I'm interest in whatever AM2 thrown out, by far the best Sega developer.

Robo Halloween
01-26-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by MysticLegolas

Pretty cool...too bad the smilebit game isn't "Jet set Radio 3"

Let's Not Give Flying F#%@:irked"

Icarus4578
01-26-2003, 09:22 PM
Yu Suzuki is a genius and so is Miyamoto. It's wonderful that we can finally get games by both guys and teams on one system. You can't get that gaming service anywhere else.

Reality
01-26-2003, 10:46 PM
I would have thought that Phantasy Star Online: Card Battle would have came out already. It was announced the time of Phantasy Star Online for GCN. I thought it was simple cards you play with or put in your E-Reader and use on the game but maybe not.

Black Sugar
01-27-2003, 09:31 AM
Where's the new Space Harrier ? since the release on the arcade, Sega didn't gave any info about a console conversion

IoriYagami n8
01-27-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Reality
I would have thought that Phantasy Star Online: Card Battle would have came out already. It was announced the time of Phantasy Star Online for GCN. I thought it was simple cards you play with or put in your E-Reader and use on the game but maybe not. No one really seems to know what the game is like since people didn't bother to say much about it, it was used at E3 to demo the offical Nintendo LCD screen. Despite having the PSO name, it isn't even known if you can play it online or not. It was only demoed with multiple Cubes hooked together or something. I will look into puchasing it if I can use my current Hunter's License to get online with it. If I have to pay another monthly fee for a game that (if online) will use the same servers as the rest of Sega's stuff, then I doubt I'll bother.

MasterYoshi
01-27-2003, 11:33 AM
This so called New Sonic Project they're doing sounds interesting. Can't wait for Sonic Adventure DX!

Hemmorrhoid
01-27-2003, 02:05 PM
My most awaited Sega game is Virtua Fighter RPG, that is on my top5 2003 GCN list.

I hope it stays GCN exclusive.

Stokesy
01-27-2003, 04:56 PM

Lol, now THAT is a great name!!!!

Smilebit eh? Makers of Jet Set Radio and Panzer Dragoon Orta.....Weren't they the ones that were saying they were 'researching' the GC technology? Is this the game they're gonna give us?? :crying:

Hemmorrhoid
01-27-2003, 05:22 PM
I think Segas only useful games we get are Sonic and Virtua Fighter RPG.

BTW, remember back when there was some sort of Sega/Nintendo collaboration in the works(as in them working together, not giving away franchises ala F-Zer0)

Stokesy
01-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Hemmorrhoid
BTW, remember back when there was some sort of Sega/Nintendo collaboration in the works(as in them working together, not giving away franchises ala F-Zer0)

.........no. Whats with that? Sounds interesting.

The Steved!
01-27-2003, 07:32 PM
Sorry but First I don't see Nights or Shining Force!!! so that game line up doesn't interest me. Second PS is not a card game (lousy excuse for a rpg) and third Sonic DX if ever to be realease should have been with SA2Battle in a two cd case.

Sega lost their touch...:mad:

Alucard
01-27-2003, 09:10 PM
I'm sure they'll announce more as the year goes on. We might have some suprises.

IoriYagami n8
01-27-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by The Steved!
Sorry but First I don't see Nights or Shining Force!!! so that game line up doesn't interest me. Second PS is not a card game (lousy excuse for a rpg) and third Sonic DX if ever to be realease should have been with SA2Battle in a two cd case.

Sega lost their touch...:mad: Your misinformed. Phantasy Star Online: Card Battle is not Phantasy Star Online or any of the others, it is a new game in development based on characters and such from the PSO universe, as for PS itself, if your refering to PSO, I would say it's a matter of taste. I'm addicted like many other people, but if online games aren't your thing, oh well. Now if your talking about the entire PS series being lousy then I'd argue that you probably never really bothered to get into it. The Phantasy Star series is a wonderfully done RPG series, and thankfully not far over done like the Final Fantasy Series. Phantasy Star 1, 2, and 4 rank among three of my favorite RPGs ever.

yellowlightman
01-28-2003, 05:40 AM
I never cared for Virtua Fighter much, but seeing as how Shenmue was originally intended as a sort of Virtua Fighter RPG, it could be interesting.

Icarus4578
01-28-2003, 07:53 AM
Where's a sequel to Shining in the Darkness? And no, Shining the Holy Ark for Saturn doesn't count; it sucked.

The Steved!
01-28-2003, 12:38 PM
The PS series are fine but for what concerns PSO the lack of gameplay is what I dislike and the lack of something call fun! Sega should have a more consistant line-up.

Black Sugar
01-28-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by The Steved!
The PS series are fine but for what concerns PSO the lack of gameplay is what I dislike and the lack of something call fun! Sega should have a more consistant line-up.

Even if PSO was lacking inthe gameplay dept., the game was still fun enough when playing online free. But Iwould never have paid monthly for it trought. :sing:

Hemmorrhoid
01-28-2003, 04:39 PM
VF RPG is sure gonna rock!

Im really excited, its GCN exclusive right?

Black Ace
01-29-2003, 12:41 AM
I don't know about exclusive, but Sega only mentions it will appeared on GC by the end of 2003 in Japan to accomodate the 10th anniversary of Virtual Fighter.

yellowlightman
01-29-2003, 05:02 AM
I wonder if it'll be similar to Shenmue at all? Its weird that it hasn't been mentioned before (or did I just miss it?) , because it seems like this would be a big project.

Hemmorrhoid
01-29-2003, 12:21 PM
I hope its a bit like Shenmue, but with more fighting, and a more historical setting.

Im so excited about this game, it could turn out so great, and please let it be exclusive.

Although a very late PS2 port(of lesser quality) wouldnt kill me.