PDA

View Full Version : My account was hacked!

SpaceManSpiff
10-19-2011, 09:40 PM
So I fired up the xbox today to start Batman: Arkham City, only to find that I couldn't log into my profile and that my "info was no longer on this xbox". I managed to recover my gamertag and noticed I had achievements for Fifa 11 now. I have never played Fifa 11.. I also noticed that the 2000 ms points I had are now gone. I logged into my account on Xbox.com, after changing my password of course, to contact Micro$oft. But before I called them I decided to check my bank account, and sure enough there is a charge for $54 through Xbox Live. I did a google search and found that this has been happening a lot, and Micro$ofts response has been to suspend accounts for 25 days pending an investigation! Now I'm tempted to just take the loss and not contact them so I can play Battlefield 3 next week. Fuck Hackers.:mad:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/10/xbox-live-users-experiencing-hacked-accounts-fifa-11-and-12-purchases.ars

BlindMaphisto
10-19-2011, 10:22 PM
It's getting to the point where you can't trust these asshat gaming companies with your credit card info.

Alucard
10-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Pretty shitty. But you should do it anyway and play BF3 on your pc, not console like a girl.

spider-prime
10-19-2011, 10:51 PM
The one good thing about my PSN account is that I already used up all the activations on it, So my main account can't be stolen cause they would have to have the systems to deactivate them! muhAHHAhAHhAhAHAH!

Also, if the guy used a normal passkey hack to get into your account, change the passwords to include odd characters like ! ? & * ( ) _+% and the likes, it makes it harder to hack your account cause most hacks mostly check numbers and letters before even getting to the symbols.

you could even just do this to make it easy to remember !?!?!?!?!?! For everyone you add it will make it even harder for it to get your password.

SpaceManSpiff
10-20-2011, 12:48 AM
After calming down a bit I realized that the $50 purchase was a purchase I did actually make. So really I am out a little under 2000 MS points. There is still the question of why peoples accounts are being hacked and Fifa 12 is being played...

Alucard
10-20-2011, 01:13 AM
Might be something to do with the london riots. They've started stealing xbox accounts.

darren
10-20-2011, 03:26 AM
its a known issue with EA Fifa12 servers ... they open up a security hole into XBL. the hackers are able via the fifa servers. get 50 worth of MS points ..

but on the plus side at least they give you 35 achievement points for fifa12 ..

spider-prime
10-20-2011, 03:57 AM
I thought you were kidding and then I googled it and there it was lol

http://www.xboxer360.com/news/xbl-accounts-hacked-for-fifa-12-gold-packs/

Alucard
10-20-2011, 04:04 AM
Another reason I stick to fifa on my ps3 lololol

darren
10-20-2011, 04:40 AM
yes because thats a super safe online system .. lol

Sinful Sam
10-20-2011, 04:51 AM
You would think MS would have released a report about this? I recall reading an article recently that the Ps3 has still getting hacked but a very small percentage.

darren
10-20-2011, 04:57 AM
if its not effecting million of people they will always keep hush hush .. same with any big company ... they get hacked all the time .. you never hear about it unless its a giant shit sandwich like Sony etc

Northeastmonk
10-20-2011, 02:35 PM
You'd think that this being a paid service, you'd have a harder time hacking accounts. Well there really isnt a difference. I play my 360, but I dont use Live. I think its high time 360 players boycotted the high price. PSN just needs a better look to their services. But this is bad news, Sorry to hear you got hacked. I hope it works out for your benefit.

eastx
10-20-2011, 04:00 PM
It's EA's fault more than Microsoft's, isn't it? But Microsoft definitely needs to step up and close the hole. It's scary to think about that happening to people.

Hope you get it fixed soon, Spaceman Spiff!

darren
10-21-2011, 04:19 AM
yeah it is EAs fault the fifa 12 servers opened the whole, not the other way.

SpaceManSpiff
10-21-2011, 08:02 AM
It's EA's fault more than Microsoft's, isn't it? But Microsoft definitely needs to step up and close the hole. It's scary to think about that happening to people.

Hope you get it fixed soon, Spaceman Spiff!

I just changed my password and called it good. Darren, did you get hacked too? I noticed that you got the same two achievements for Fifa 12 and you "played" it on the same day it was played on my account.

darren
10-21-2011, 09:20 AM
yeep .. :( checked my account after you reported it ..lol .. hadnt logged into xbl for months.

its being 'invstigated' at the moment but not heard a scobby from MS.. they have returned the $$ back tho .. jut my account is still locked .. which sux ass ..

might give um a call actually

Alucard
10-21-2011, 09:33 AM
My free psn is still fine thanks!

eastx
10-21-2011, 10:22 AM
My free psn is still fine thanks!

Fine at being sucky, yes! Err, PSN got hacked in a much more significant way not too long ago, in case you've forgotten.

Alucard
10-21-2011, 10:38 AM
I was all good thankfully. At least I dont need to worry about the next game released on Live causing my system to be hacked.

KingOfSentinels
10-21-2011, 10:54 AM
After that hack, can pretty much guarantee Sony has beefed up their security tenfold. So I don't feel un-secure on it nowadays.

darren
10-21-2011, 11:04 AM
360 has a nice extra code thign you can apply to accounts now .. which stop people who do hack the acc spending any money as yuo need to input it before you can buy anything ..

so i'll be activating that to stop it happening again as my card details were not obtained like the sony mess.

on the ps3 i simply dont have my cc details on line any more..

progmetal
10-21-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm glad I never trusted Microsoft with my Credit Card details, so i'm safe.

bujeezus
10-21-2011, 11:17 AM
yeep .. :( checked my account after you reported it ..lol .. hadnt logged into xbl for months.

its being 'invstigated' at the moment but not heard a scobby from MS.. they have returned the $$ back tho .. jut my account is still locked .. which sux ass ..

might give um a call actually

you got it back that fast? it took them 5 godamned weeks to return just a portion of my money.

darren
10-21-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm glad I never trusted Microsoft with my Credit Card details, so i'm safe.

if i had the security pin active they wouldn't have been able to get any free points even though they hacked my acc ..

luckly MS have'nt lost any ones CC details. they are all safe still .

you got it back that fast? it took them 5 godamned weeks to return just a portion of my money.

known fault caused by EA . they froze my acc and refund that minute.

spider-prime
10-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Anything and anyone can get hacked, there is nothing that can stop it, just make it harder to get in to.

Doesn't matter if you pay for it or it's free.

Badrats Studio
10-22-2011, 07:31 AM
And that's why I choose virtual monies from voucher instead credit card details on my gaming console. Sharing CC data to any company is dangerous ; no matter how secure they claim they are.

KingOfSentinels
10-22-2011, 07:46 AM
I just use one debit card exclusively for the Internet, and transfer money over when I want to buy something, which is instant now if you use online banking; only transfer how much I need to buy the stuff, so if someone steals the details, then it doesn't matter at all. I'm golden. Only money that gets left in is the odd pennies if I transfer over 40 to buy a 39.99 game, for example.

So I don't mind putting in my details and saving them to my accounts, like Steam.

progmetal
10-22-2011, 08:50 AM
I use paypal through steam which is safer.

I wish Microsoft would make it easy to remove your Credit Card after a purchase like what you can do on the PSN. :slap:

darren
10-22-2011, 09:05 AM
it is easy .. 3 min phone call.

Sinful Sam
10-22-2011, 09:52 AM
It won't stop from your email and password to get taken.

progmetal
10-22-2011, 10:56 AM
it is easy .. 3 min phone call.

I wouldn't call that as easy as deleting it on the console. And it's usually more than 3 mins, before you get through.

I read that you could also do it online with a pc, that is IF you don't have Xbox Gold sub. with your card.

darren
10-22-2011, 11:14 AM
no idea .. i phoned up .. took 2 mins .. if you find using the phone and press 2-3 options buttons to remove the card hard then yeah i guess its not easy.

progmetal
10-22-2011, 11:39 AM
It's more hassle making a phone call maybe every day to remove your CC, when you can do it 24/7 yourself on the console. Common sense really.

KingOfSentinels
10-22-2011, 11:48 AM
I don't use XBL, but if I had to make a call everytime I used my card on, say, Steam, to remove my details then yeah I'd say that'd be a hassle. Maybe not the first time, but every other time basically would just get annoying very quickly.

Much easier when you just have a little ticky box saying "Don't save my details"

darren
10-22-2011, 11:50 AM
You wouldnt have to .. Anyone that thinks or suggests you would need to call them every time is talking out of there poo hole.

It's because when you buy gold acc with your cc it automatically associates the cc with the account. The call is a two min call to remove the card from your acc you set up. You don't need to speak to anyone rtc. An annoying one off yes .. End of the world or hard .. No

. You can buy stuff with out the need for a stored cc. When I renew my xbl I will do it with a pre paid card thingy. Then my cc won't be stored and i wont need to call them again. And I can buy points with my cc happily without it being stored on the servers

progmetal
10-22-2011, 12:33 PM
I just delete my CC details from PSN after each game i buy. Easier that way.

darren
10-22-2011, 02:31 PM
what sony and ms should do is offer "Battle.net Mobile Authenticator" type things.. you can either buy the dongle or dl the free app for your phones. works great. would make the systems a LOT safer.. i use the free ipad app one

i think one comes with the starwars mmo special ed for free

as cracking the Authenticator is super difficult .

spider-prime
10-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Just need to lock it per console if you so wish it.

Once they lock accounts to hardware, the only way they can get into your account is if they steal your console.

darren
10-22-2011, 06:37 PM
MS have a pin thing now which you can use if you want .. so even if they hack your acc or download you acc .. they can't spend any money or access the card details as you need to know the pin number to do any financial stuff.

critter
10-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Hey guys i am new and space i can see your issue, but as a business view of things they want to make sure no one trying to steal under the table so i can understand why they would do investigation to make sure your complaint is legitimate not saying its not. but many people like to companies about problems or no issues with anything.

eastx
10-23-2011, 01:10 AM
Hey guys i am new and space i can see your issue, but as a business view of things they want to make sure no one trying to steal under the table so i can understand why they would do investigation to make sure your complaint is legitimate not saying its not. but many people like to companies about problems or no issues with anything.

Welcome to the board! You should add an avatar image and start regularly posting here. :)

BlindMaphisto
10-23-2011, 04:52 AM
Did paper move to New Hampshire?

spider-prime
10-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Paper was yelling at me for playing Batman and not dark souls a few days ago :(

KingOfSentinels
10-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Paper got stuck in my printer not so long ago. :(