PDA

View Full Version : M$ can kiss my ass...

bujeezus
08-19-2011, 06:20 PM
so had some unauthorized xbox live purchases show up on my debit card this morning. immediately call customer support and instead of being the victim here, i get treated like the fuckin criminal that hacked my live account. they told me to call my bank! they're gonna take 3-8 weeks to investigate the fraudelent charges when they could already see the fucking points were going else where besides my console. i was livid and still am. was just about to drop some $$$ for a slim for my girl but now she can wait til i save up some more to buy a ps3. i won't be supporting M$ any longer and i sure as fuck ain't signing back up for live after they eventually figure out it wasn't me. if i coulda reached thru the phone, i woulda punched that "supervisor" in the fuckin face.

spider-prime
08-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Join the darkside!.... actually... or is it the dusk side.

I would just go buy a used PS3, my friend got one used for 150 dollars from gamestop for a 40gb one with PS2 B/C and it works just fine so he upgraded the HDD to it to a 500 gb. Sure you don't get the original box and most of the stuff from inside, but half the time who even keeps all that stuff.

Einhander
08-19-2011, 09:49 PM
I do!

And that sucks bujeezus.

Another reason to never buy digital

eastx
08-19-2011, 10:05 PM
so had some unauthorized xbox live purchases show up on my debit card this morning. immediately call customer support and instead of being the victim here, i get treated like the fuckin criminal that hacked my live account. they told me to call my bank! they're gonna take 3-8 weeks to investigate the fraudelent charges when they could already see the fucking points were going else where besides my console. i was livid and still am. was just about to drop some $$$ for a slim for my girl but now she can wait til i save up some more to buy a ps3. i won't be supporting M$ any longer and i sure as fuck ain't signing back up for live after they eventually figure out it wasn't me. if i coulda reached thru the phone, i woulda punched that "supervisor" in the fuckin face.

How dare they investigate the problem? They should travel back in time and kill the criminal, not this investigative nonsense.

Einhander
08-19-2011, 10:51 PM
It shouldn't take 3-8 weeks

Shipper/Reciever
08-19-2011, 11:45 PM
You might wanna check this out, seems alot of this going on-

http://nukezilla.com/2011/08/15/xbox-hacks-possibly-on-the-rise-change-your-password/

Alucard
08-20-2011, 12:48 AM
Just buy a modified xbox, or get a second hand one and modify it, and then download all your games. You screw MS so much more this way.

darren
08-20-2011, 03:14 AM
How dare they investigate the problem? They should travel back in time and kill the criminal, not this investigative nonsense.

this ^^^

sux that it hadden .. but people cant really blame MS for wanting to make sure its a jegit call (even tho they will).. i mean just because someone phones up and says they didnt buy it doesn't actually make it so ..

It shouldn't take 3-8 weeks

why not? what do you know about what they need to do?

ohh because you say so....

Nem
08-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Well, they never saw a cent from me for their "gold" service. I'm of the opinion that console online play should be free given how early the servers get abondoned and shutdown.

Einhander
08-21-2011, 01:13 AM
this ^^^

sux that it hadden .. but people cant really blame MS for wanting to make sure its a jegit call (even tho they will).. i mean just because someone phones up and says they didnt buy it doesn't actually make it so ..

why not? what do you know about what they need to do?

ohh because you say so....

Please explain why it would take that long, Mr. Expert.

darren
08-21-2011, 01:35 AM
please explain why it wouldnt tbh .. if i phone my CC company regarding a fake tranaction it can take 3-5 weeks for them to sort it out .. why would this be any different?

if i spend a shit load on psn or xbl now and then phone up and say i didnt spend it ... they are not goign to say ok here have all your money back then are they ...

spider-prime
08-21-2011, 03:17 AM
They usually know right away if it is you or not.

I have had a lot of fraudulent things happen to me in my life, most of the time they do something about it instantly cause they can tell. eBay did when my account got hacked into and had people selling boats and cars on my account.

Alucard
08-21-2011, 03:49 AM
Its not really about knowing if its yours or not. Its convincing their insurance company to give them the money to pay you back with.

spider-prime
08-21-2011, 04:09 AM
your best bet to get the money back is to phone your bank and tell them that this happened. Since all bank accounts have insurance in cases of fraud.... I hope yours does at least.

eastx
08-21-2011, 06:04 AM
Well, they never saw a cent from me for their "gold" service. I'm of the opinion that console online play should be free given how early the servers get abondoned and shutdown.

Except that they practically never get shut down except for EA games? That's right, I called you out. All the way out.

Nem
08-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Except that they practically never get shut down except for EA games? That's right, I called you out. All the way out.

Dude, it doesnt matter. People dont play console games online that long. After a year every server is abandoned by the players cause no one plays that game anymore. Its pratically impossible to get any matches done except on the most uber popular games like Modern warfare.

The shut down comes when the developer sees no one is using the server anymore. Feel free to call me out on that, the fact is the anual fee is hardly justified for a service thats so limited. Your wallet is getting raped.

Alucard
08-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Thats the best thing about pcs. The servers stay.

eastx
08-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Dude, it doesnt matter. People dont play console games online that long. After a year every server is abandoned by the players cause no one plays that game anymore. Its pratically impossible to get any matches done except on the most uber popular games like Modern warfare.

The shut down comes when the developer sees no one is using the server anymore. Feel free to call me out on that, the fact is the anual fee is hardly justified for a service thats so limited. Your wallet is getting raped.

But your justification was a made-up one, based, presumably, on what happens to PS3 games after they've been out too long. How do we know the new one you just came up with isn't made up too?

Also, the fact that people stop playing most online games after they've been out long enough has nothing to do with the value of one company's online service over another. Not unless you are suggesting they should take the Xbox Live profits and use it to pay people to play old games online. Come to think of it, that'd be a pretty cool job!

Nem
08-22-2011, 10:10 AM
But your justification was a made-up one, based, presumably, on what happens to PS3 games after they've been out too long. How do we know the new one you just came up with isn't made up too?

Also, the fact that people stop playing most online games after they've been out long enough has nothing to do with the value of one company's online service over another. Not unless you are suggesting they should take the Xbox Live profits and use it to pay people to play old games online. Come to think of it, that'd be a pretty cool job!

I didnt mention PS3 a single time. I talked about console games and most precisely the examples set by the PS2 and Xbox.

All i said was that given the speed with wich on current consoles servers get abandoned by players fed up with the games makes console online gaming a service that doesnt have good quality. I go on a game i like on Xbox live these days and if i want to have an online round i either dont manage or have to wait half/one hour or longer.
Also, given how the older servers are shutdown a few years after their out as given by the examples set by the PS2 and the Xbox, it makes for a bad service on long term.

Thus i think this service should be free since it doesnt have the same quality over time as the single player experience does.

I dont know exactly what i made up there but i'm sure you'll tell me.

bujeezus
08-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Join the darkside!.... actually... or is it the dusk side.

I would just go buy a used PS3, my friend got one used for 150 dollars from gamestop for a 40gb one with PS2 B/C and it works just fine so he upgraded the HDD to it to a 500 gb. Sure you don't get the original box and most of the stuff from inside, but half the time who even keeps all that stuff.

that's exactly what i plan to do!

Alucard
08-22-2011, 12:01 PM
dude, you could of replied to all those in 1 post. Use the "+ button beside quote to highlight multiple posts.

Escaflowne2001
08-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Heh...someone is new to forums. :wink:

eastx
08-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Yuck, Bujeezus. Do what Alucard said or just edit the one post.

bujeezus
08-22-2011, 06:41 PM
dude, you could of replied to all those in 1 post. Use the "+ button beside quote to highlight multiple posts.

but that just seems so impersonal. :D

KingOfSentinels
08-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Somé forums punish for doublé posting. So I'd léarn to do it. You did moré than just doublé, too.

bujeezus
08-22-2011, 06:54 PM
sorry everybody. lesson learned.

spider-prime
08-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Damn Nazis!

Joe Redifer
08-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Somé forums punish for doublé posting. So I'd léarn to do it. You did moré than just doublé, too.

I also punish for accented e's.

Alucard
08-23-2011, 01:00 AM
DO IT DO IT!!!

Escaflowne2001
08-23-2011, 03:51 AM
Well hopefully you'll get your money back in the end that's the main thing. Even if it takes a few weeks.

Pokémon

bujeezus
08-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Well hopefully you'll get your money back in the end that's the main thing. Even if it takes a few weeks.

Pokémon

i did get my money back but not from M$. my bank reimbursed me right off the bat. it's just the fact M$ didn't give 2 shits is what bothers me and the fact i can't use my live account for the time of the investigation. good thing i decided to cancel it any way.