PDA

View Full Version : What the fuck is wrong with my 360 controller?

Einhander
08-08-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm playing ME1 on my 360 with a wireless controller.

I've double and triple checked the level of my batteries. They are not dead.

When I'm running around and exploring, the controller is fine.

Every (and I mean every) time I go into combat, whether on foot or in the Mako, my controller repeatedly disconnects. As is I will start shooting, it will disconnect, I reconnect it and it disconnects again two seconds later. It is making my game unplayable and it is fucking rage inducing. But it only happens when I go into combat. Wtf is going on?

spider-prime
08-08-2011, 08:48 PM
maybe you're fighting Psycho mantis!

Shorty0061
08-08-2011, 09:14 PM
All of my wireless controllers ended up randomly disconnecting. I just ended up buying a wired controller to save from anymore headaches.

Alucard
08-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Maybe you should play it on pc lololol. Get a new controller. That one sounds like its raped itself.

Einhander
08-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Shut up Joe!

Joe Redifer
08-09-2011, 02:01 AM
Too late, I'm gonna post anyway.

Are there things that happen during combat, like rumble? Maybe the controller doesn't like this. Try turning rumble off in the options screen if it lets you. Remember, wireless controllers are basically just like DLC. I know that doesn't make any sense, but it's true. So go with wired controllers. No batteries to worry about EVER. You can't be so far away from the 360 that the wireless is actually needed.

Einhander
08-09-2011, 02:19 AM
Well I finished Mass Effect tonight, by sheer force of will, so I'll have to see if it does it with another game. It didn't do it for Fallout 3, as far as I can remember.

Alucard
08-09-2011, 04:53 AM
I know my 7 year old mouse worked perfectly with ME1. Shame you didnt play it on pc. I even had nude skins lololol

spider-prime
08-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Too late, I'm gonna post anyway.

Are there things that happen during combat, like rumble? Maybe the controller doesn't like this. Try turning rumble off in the options screen if it lets you. Remember, wireless controllers are basically just like DLC. I know that doesn't make any sense, but it's true. So go with wired controllers. No batteries to worry about EVER. You can't be so far away from the 360 that the wireless is actually needed.

yah, I can't stand wireless, some of the reasons why the controllers could have been disconnecting is cause of interference from the wireless router or other wireless devices like your cellphone.

Cords all the way!

I use cords with my PS3 controllers too, just bought a huge USB cable for 2 dollars.

Einhander
08-09-2011, 02:19 PM
I know my 7 year old mouse worked perfectly with ME1. Shame you didnt play it on pc. I even had nude skins lololol

I don't want to know about you playing video games in the nude. I'm sure Wrex got you all hot and bothered.

Shorty0061
08-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Wrex's quads are pretty sexy.

darren
08-10-2011, 05:26 PM

you play ME with a mouse??? really WHY?? buy a 360 pad .. if i get ME3 on pc i'll be using a pad thats for sure ..

Chronos
08-10-2011, 06:47 PM
for me2 i use the controller...100% made for it imo. but in 1 they had a really sweet pc only hud that was perfect for mouse+keyboard.

Alucard
08-10-2011, 06:54 PM
The mouse makes it way easier. I aim where I want, I turn quickly when I want, I can click on the abilities and squad tactics exactly where I want. Controller is cumbersome and slow.

Northeastmonk
08-11-2011, 02:51 PM
I had that problem with the first series of controller for 360. Then just bought the plug and play cord. My 4 gig model doesnt seem to have that problem. Though there are crap batteries out there that are like $1 or so, but they don't do half the work Duracel does. Maybe they are bad batteries. Or if its a controller that came from MS, check the warranty. My six axis ps3 controller does that, but I think its just been worn out from being used/charged. But those are integrated into the controller.