PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter III 3rd Strike for Xbox Live Arcade this Summer

Badrats Studio
06-13-2011, 04:34 AM
http://kotaku.com/5809343/street-fighter-iii-3rd-strike-online-will-strike-this-summer

But no PSN port ! Me sad panda ... :weeping:

eastx
06-13-2011, 04:36 AM
It's not like Xbox 360s are expensive. :P

The game looks nice. I like how it displays extra data in the borders or you can just make it look like it's running on the actual arcade cabinet. I might wait for a sale though as I really haven't spent that much time with Super Street Fighter IV or Marvel vs Capcom 3 yet.

Badrats Studio
06-13-2011, 04:48 AM
It's not like Xbox 360s are expensive. :P

The game looks nice. I like how it displays extra data in the borders or you can just make it look like it's running on the actual arcade cabinet. I might wait for a sale though as I really haven't spent that much time with Super Street Fighter IV or Marvel vs Capcom 3 yet.

Yes you are right, east :D

But I'm digging some info here > http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/27744585/Street_Fighter_3:_3rd_Strike_QA_%28No_Discussion,_ please%29&post_num=3%3Ca

Apparently, it's Live-exclusive first before going to somewhere else. Personally, I want to see it on Nintendo platform too (maybe for Wii U). Imagine playing 3S with that "tablet" :haha:

Zack
06-13-2011, 06:12 AM
it's coming to psn as well. i think the youtube feature is actually exclusive to ps3 (?)

Shorty0061
06-13-2011, 11:07 AM
it's coming to psn as well. i think the youtube feature is actually exclusive to ps3 (?)

MS said youtube is coming to 360 during E3. It could be implemented into 3rd strike on the 360.

Dr. Bombay
06-13-2011, 12:37 PM
I never learned how to play this game. I might pick it up, but something tells me I'll just keep playing Mahval

Kiuju2k
06-13-2011, 06:38 PM
It's a good game worth the pick up. Trust me.

Joe Redifer
06-13-2011, 07:07 PM
I already have this for the Dreamcast which allows me to use a real Saturn control pad (not a USB knockoff). Not sure why I'd want to buy this again. The Youtube thing is dumb. It really is quite useless in Dirt 3 and it takes forever.

eastx
06-13-2011, 07:14 PM
I already have this for the Dreamcast which allows me to use a real Saturn control pad (not a USB knockoff). Not sure why I'd want to buy this again. The Youtube thing is dumb. It really is quite useless in Dirt 3 and it takes forever.

In Street Fighter you can use it to show people combos or matches. Really very useful for people who take fighting games seriously. I'm not quite that serious though.

Also the game uses GGPO netcode, so it should have some of the best online play of any fighter.

calintz
06-13-2011, 09:24 PM
take my money capcom!

Kiuju2k
06-14-2011, 08:43 PM
^that

CongoJack
06-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Too many fighting games....ugh

calintz
06-14-2011, 09:56 PM
looks like they're running on a ps3:

XB_dN9xj5s4

parry trial 10 - do what daigo did against justin wong at evo 04

gwAbYjBBLgM

Dr. Bombay
06-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Looks good...

Badrats Studio
06-15-2011, 02:26 AM
looks like they're running on a ps3:

XB_dN9xj5s4

parry trial 10 - do what daigo did against justin wong at evo 04

gwAbYjBBLgM

YES !

Any definitive launch date ? (I am assuming Live and PSN has a different launch schedule date)

Vegetto
06-15-2011, 03:22 AM
haha! that Daigo vs Justin Wong trial is awesome!

CongoJack
06-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Like the new menus/interface, very slick.

Icarus4578
06-15-2011, 08:46 AM
In Street Fighter you can use it to show people combos or matches. Really very useful for people who take fighting games seriously. I'm not quite that serious though.

It's that and it's also for people who want to keep tabs on their big matches/comebacks, plus show off to friends.

At any rate, this is pretty exciting stuff right here. Just as long as they don't start doing microtransactions after you've already purchased it, it's all good.

Northeastmonk
06-15-2011, 12:49 PM
I got the Japanese PS2 version w/o SFIIT, but this looks so much better then I had imagined.

Also a fan of the xbox version which had online mode. But towards the end, you were lucky to find a match. The best part was how much international play you had with it. Hopefully this has more value to the fighting game fan. At least with digital downloads you wont worry about spending a whole lot, like with a lot of console versions.

Badrats Studio
06-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Just as long as they don't start doing microtransactions after you've already purchased it, it's all good.

I doubt it after seeing "Download" menu in its Menu Screen. And knowing that's how publishers doing their business lately, it's even more doubtful that this installment won't do microtransactions in the future.

Badrats Studio
09-01-2011, 07:16 AM
http://www.capcom-unity.com/lunch/blog/2011/08/31/street_fighter_iii_third_strike_online_edition_dlc _announcement

Color palette swap is so 90's ; and in the 90's we get that INSIDE the game that we've already bought.

Beam
09-01-2011, 10:20 AM
i still have my dreamcast version and this version looks pretty much the same.

Badrats Studio
09-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Same here. But obviously the Dreamcast version cannot do Online :D

eastx
09-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Letting people download the music from the first two versions of Third Strike is pretty cool. But uh, they should sell SF2 music instead. That would make the game so much better.

Oh, and the Dreamcast version doesn't have widescreen borders or the new modes of the 360 game either.

I think this version looks great. I'm waiting on sale though as I have way too many games to play right now.

Kiuju2k
09-01-2011, 03:22 PM
I have them all, and i'm good. The dreamcast version has problems, the ps2 definitely was not arcade perfect, there were things that I could not do with say Urien that would normally work in the arcade version. It cost me an important clutch match. This version is supposed to arcade code and to the letter.

Zack
09-01-2011, 03:56 PM
i was wondering why this version didn't have the extra palettes the ps2 version had... :thumb-dn:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/lunch/blog/2011/08/31/street_fighter_iii_third_strike_online_edition_dlc _announcement

Color palette swap is so 90's ; and in the 90's we get that INSIDE the game that we've already bought.

it's so people can't cry about capcom selling us dlc unlock codes. it'd actually be better (well, not better than free...) if they were, because then people who don't have the palette swap dlc could actually see them on their opponents. the way they have it now is only people who own the dlc can see it on others.

Letting people download the music from the first two versions of Third Strike is pretty cool. But uh, they should sell SF2 music instead. That would make the game so much better.

the option to play with the original, non-arranged version of the 3rd strike soundtrack would be nice, too.. some of the arranged mixes are pretty bad.

original urien theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBaDg7ERf3Q
arranged: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqfGmG1XsIg

I have them all, and i'm good. The dreamcast version has problems, the ps2 definitely was not arcade perfect, there were things that I could not do with say Urien that would normally work in the arcade version. It cost me an important clutch match. This version is supposed to arcade code and to the letter.

yeah. some of urien's aegis tricks don't work on ps2. and for some reason i can't triple tackle at all on ps2, but i think that's because the timing is different.

calintz
01-27-2012, 09:15 PM
might as well put this here:

zIKCOLJ1yUs

Badrats Studio
01-28-2012, 04:31 AM
Win some... lose some :D

His parrying technique is superb, by the way....

Kiuju2k
01-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Yeah I saw this very entertaining.