PDA

View Full Version : MS E3 2011 Press Conference notes

darren
06-06-2011, 01:56 PM
MS Conference

MW3 playable .. looked like modern warfare
Tombraider playable .. looked really nice out fall 2012.
FIFA, NHL, PGA plus 1 other EA sport game Kinect enabled
ME3 coming with Kinect voice activation to talk to the npcs .. by READING the possible responces .. ohh great very pointless .. but able to direct squad combat via voice control which looked very nice
Ghost recon with kinect
new xbl interface ..
bing on xbl .. does anyone really give a shit? i have a computer
youtube on xbl .. does anyone really give a shit?
iptv on xbl .. does anyone really give a shit i already have a TV
UFC live on xbl
Gear of war 3 .. looked awesome ..
Ryse looked nice but i would have to stand up and jump about so no thanks
Forza 4 looked nice
Fable : Journey .. again looks like i need to stand up to play .. no thanks
Minecraft Kinect
Disneyland Kinect
Starwars Kinect - kinect looks to work really well
Sesame Street Once upon a monster for kinect
A cunt with sun glasses talking about kinect fun labs
I can now create avatars using kinect .. when i am in a gimp suit with a 14" stap on up my ass will it show it as an avatar?
I can now scan my favorirte things with kinect and bring them to life .. does that mean i can scan my cock in and get it jump around the screen? i will try later since kinect labs is live now
Kinect sports 2 shown. Had to watch two tunts play american throwball
Dance Central 2 ..
Claims 360 will be nubmer one selling console this gen in 12 months
Halo 4 reveal

overall not that impressed .. GoW and Forza looked nice .. all other 1st party dtuff was kinda meh .. soem good looking 3rd party stuff as well .. but its 3rd party so don't really care when i watched this one.

personal opinion halo4 is next gen game .. xmas next year xbox 3 with halo 4 on day 1

spider-prime
06-06-2011, 02:08 PM
such boring stuff, they seem to be getting worse every year!

darren
06-06-2011, 02:12 PM
totally agree .. was saying the same with murray on IM .. to me the MS , Nin , Sony conferences should be about them and what makes them different .. not heres 5 mins for fucking MW3 which is on PC and PS3 aswell .. personally only want to see 1st, 2nd party and ex stuff in these shows .. i really dont care about 3rd party it goes everywhere rubbish .. i mean .. do we really need someone out saying fucking fifa is coming ..

SavedFromSin
06-06-2011, 02:36 PM
If I cared any less I would be dead.

Kiuju2k
06-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Oh snap gotta get a kinect now for ME3. LIARA GO, GARRUS GO, I'M IN!

Seraph
06-06-2011, 02:46 PM
new xbl interface ..New interface looks really slick. They finally did away with that awful Mii interface. At this point I think if I ever buy a 360 it will be for it's multimedia content instead of the games.

Not really interested in anything else they showed. Blood and Guns "cinematic experience" galore.

darren
06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
that interface is not much different than the current standard kinect interface mate.. they have just added to it

and i expect sony to show nothign but Blood and Guns "cinematic experience" galore as well tbh

Oh snap gotta get a kinect now for ME3. LIARA GO, GARRUS GO, I'M IN!

meh .. i'm more interested in read along with shepard ..

progmetal
06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
personal opinion halo4 is next gen game .. xmas next year xbox 3 with halo 4 on day 1

But he said that it was a new trilogy on the 360. Sounds like it will be a long time until next xbox.

darren
06-06-2011, 02:56 PM
yeah he did say that but personally i dont believe him .. but he's hardly going to say coming to next system IMO when they are not showing the hardware off .. he said coming to 360.. maybe it will be called 360-2?

Escaflowne2001
06-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Not very impressed at all. Doesn't look like there's much first party titles for me. Halo 4 will be on the current XB360 we don't need a new console yet.

Nem
06-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Very boring... was hoping for some announcements. I really hate these gimmicks like kinect and motion control... what a waste of time and resources that could be better used creating real games.

zechin
06-06-2011, 03:20 PM
The Ghost Recon Future Soldier gun customization thing was pretty cool.

darren
06-06-2011, 03:22 PM
yeah .. until he started playing it by pointing his fist at the screen and opening his hand to fire a shot .. wouldnt be suprised if that guy is an ani gif already

this made me lol

http://i.imgur.com/XxnpI.jpg

was almost as funny as this quote

Gametrailers: "At Microsoft's conference, there was a huge push for core gamers...."

Icarus4578
06-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Modern Warfare 3
http://assets.passedoutphotos.com/hashed_silo_content/silo_content/9648/resized/zzzzzzzzz.jpg

Halo 3
http://www.eveandersson.com/photos/brazil/sao-paulo-man-sleeping-large.jpg

New Kinect software
http://myfunnypics.org/d/323-2/Drunk+squirrel+is+passed+out.jpg

Gears of War 3
http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/asleep-at-the-wheel.jpg

Einhander
06-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Looks like I picked a good time to get caught up on 360 games, since nothing new that's interesting is coming out.

Northeastmonk
06-06-2011, 11:39 PM
I personally dont see H4 but maybe H5 on their next console. Considering they mentioned another triology. Meaning six Halo games. GT aired it on Spiketv. Seems like theyre not saying much but the H1 remake will use the Reach engine. But the best of show for ms was ME3 using Kinect. Freaking cool use of it. I own one too. But I dont think its going to compare if Sony has an amazing lineup and gow4 hopefully. Have to say Fable Journey doesnt have me excited. That looks repetitive more then anything. No offence to Lionhead Studios..

BlindMaphisto
06-07-2011, 05:38 AM
There's nothing being done with the kinect on ME3 that couldn't be done with a regular xbox live mic. I'm thinking hard about selling mine. It's just a shitty product with little potential for actual quality gaming.

darren
06-07-2011, 07:15 AM
agreed you don't need kinect to read along with shepard

Ultima~XIII
06-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Absolute boring it was. All they spoke about was Kinect, which I have no interest in at all. I was expecting a lot more stuff. When they showed Mass Effect III with Kinect, I couldn't help but cringe.

The highlight of the Microsoft Conference was Halo: combat evolved anniversary and Halo 4. Everything else was a complete borefest.

Sony, however, done really well this year, especially with the PSVita and Uncharted III.

Looking forward to Nintendo mostly though, this year.

darren
06-07-2011, 09:06 AM
If you can call a remake of halo 1 and a game halo4 which is not out until autum 2012 a high point.

clearly MS should have made this bad boy

http://oi53.tinypic.com/33bcphk.jpg

Oh and the avatar creator in kinect labs is shit ... Doesnt work as advertised ... It says it will replicate what you are wearing .... BUT i was butt naked and it fucking added clothes to me ...lol

Alucard
06-07-2011, 07:36 PM
ME3 coming with Kinect voice activation to talk to the npcs .. by READING the possible responces .. ohh great very pointless .. but able to direct squad combat via voice control which looked very nice

--Garrus, forward to box, use rifle, shoot enemy A.

***(system powers down.

foxhunt99
06-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Fuck this Kinect BS. I do have a kinect sure it is fun sometimes, but it is not the reason I bought the xbox 360.

KingOfSentinels
06-08-2011, 02:38 PM
--Garrus, forward to box, use rifle, shoot enemy A.

***(system powers down.

False! Garrus doesn't need orders, he just rapes everything whether you want him to or not.

Sinful Sam
06-08-2011, 02:39 PM
That Star Wars demo looked boring. The guy just stood still swinging his arms without thinking of what to do.

BlindMaphisto
06-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Shit I just had an idea that could actually make teh Kinect cool. If it tracked your head and changed the 3d view of what you were looking at you would have a glasses free 3d with no eye strain. Would be simple as shit to program too. (Relativly speaking)

Icarus4578
06-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Even though Microsoft's press conference was a snorefest full of retreads, their software was still much better than what the others had to show, Kinect notwithstanding. There should've been some hot new IPs but there wasn't. Sequels are good and all but they needed something truly new to wake people up and take notice.

darren
06-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Shit I just had an idea that could actually make teh Kinect cool. If it tracked your head and changed the 3d view of what you were looking at you would have a glasses free 3d with no eye strain. Would be simple as shit to program too. (Relativly speaking)

they have in forza 4 i think it was ..

BlindMaphisto
06-08-2011, 04:59 PM
they have in forza 4 i think it was ..

That was just for looking out your windows. I'm talking about like that guy who did the youtube video with the wii controller and three D that worked by tracking his head movement and adjusting the display accordingly.

bujeezus
06-08-2011, 05:55 PM
I personally dont see H4 but maybe H5 on their next console. Considering they mentioned another triology. Meaning six Halo games. GT aired it on Spiketv. Seems like theyre not saying much but the H1 remake will use the Reach engine. But the best of show for ms was ME3 using Kinect. Freaking cool use of it. I own one too. But I dont think its going to compare if Sony has an amazing lineup and gow4 hopefully. Have to say Fable Journey doesnt have me excited. That looks repetitive more then anything. No offence to Lionhead Studios..

after fable 3 lionhead studios can go fuck themselves. i've lost ALL faith in them. i'm actually kinda interested in the remake of halo but halo 4? meh.

DBJAY
06-08-2011, 09:16 PM
I found their conference to be geared towards showing that they have a plan to address the weaknesses in the company.

1.) Bing. Popular search engine, but far behind Google. So, put in on XBL instant exposure to millions. Looks like it will be useful.
2.) The new dashboard. Strikingly familiar to both Windows Phone 7 and the upcoming Windows 8. Laying the groundwork for acceptance for the rollout of Windows 8 on PC, tablet, and mobile. They begin building brand awareness through XBL in 2011.
3.) Weak in kids properties. Solution? The two biggest brands in kids entertainment, Disney and Sesame Street.

darren
06-09-2011, 12:26 PM
And those same millions don't already have exposure to bing via a pc , tablet or a phone already.

Sinful Sam
06-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Giving people Bing seems pretty useless on Xbox Live. First off it has no web browser. Will it give you an option print from your Xbox? I'm guessing it be useful tto perhaps look up stuff you are seeking a simple result that won't require too much to remember. Am I missing something else?

Northeastmonk
06-10-2011, 02:10 PM
I was wondering if Bing just searches through an online database over xbox live, or the whole internet? I wouldn't believe every parent out there actually enforces the parental control option.

eastx
06-11-2011, 12:16 AM
agreed you don't need kinect to read along with shepard

Incorrect, fellas.

http://kotaku.com/5810138/mass-effect-3s-new-voice-commands-are-xbox-360+only-and-heres-why

The coprocessor helps!

Me, I wasn't floored by the presentation, but the lineup looks really solid. It would suck to be a Kinect hater I s'pose, but I enjoy mine so I've got lots to look forward to. Halo CE Anniversary will be rad this year. I hope they hold off on Halo 4 till the next system though.

Alucard
06-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Just play mass effect 3 on the pc if you dont want to use kinect.

eastx
06-11-2011, 01:09 AM
Just play mass effect 3 on the pc if you dont want to use kinect.

Kinect support is optional, not required, ya crazy.

Alucard
06-11-2011, 02:51 AM
So why is everyone having a big massive cry over this.

eastx
06-11-2011, 02:52 AM
So why is everyone having a big massive cry over this.

Just the existence of Kinect hurts some people's brains.

darren
06-11-2011, 03:53 AM
Does hurt my brain ... Just my feet where it keeps making me stAnd up .. Personally didnt like me3 integration with kinect but. Really liked and will enjoy the forza 4 integration

Icarus4578
06-11-2011, 08:08 AM
http://whymodernvideogamessuck.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/mkhst.png?w=391&h=679

Alucard
06-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Fucking loled

Icarus4578
06-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Pretty accurate depiction, isn't it? :lol: