PDA

View Full Version : 3DS Launch (JAP,US,Euro) Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

camac
04-03-2011, 03:02 PM
You should do both at the same time just to be sure.

Vicviper
04-03-2011, 03:07 PM
I find it so damn funny that somebody who hasn't played a game has such a huge opinion about it and misses the target completely. You haven't played Pilotwings Resort. Have you played any Wii Sports Resort? Not a single mission in Pilotwings is in Wii Sports Resort.
And yes I can compare Pilotwings to GT series.

Lol@ Seraph. That was funny.

Alucard
04-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Theres a flying stage in wii ersort where you control the plane with the wiimote. Unless I'm thinking of a completely different game. The saddest part here is I'm the only one who seems to have been expecting a game that was longer then a couple hours and didnt use the same island, thats been used it mulitlpe other games, with a bit more effort put in. You lot would be happy if they released wind waker again as a new zelda game, but instead of playing Link you played Zelda with pretty much the same gameplay. Because thats what this is. Except its a mini game taken and made just ever so slightly longer then a mini game. Good job on mocking me while giving nintendo full price for their lack of effort.

And no, you cant compare pilotwings to GT. Simple fact GT has the same stages but each game adds more stages. Proper new stages, not stages in reverse. Plus the new gameplay mechanics and new cars, you cant play older games the same. Think of it as Street fight Alpha to street fighter 4. Same game, completely different though.

Joe Redifer
04-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Actually it would be closer to Street Fighter 4 vs Super Street Fighter 4.

eastx
04-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Actually it would be closer to Street Fighter 4 vs Super Street Fighter 4.

True.

Also, give it up, Alucard. Pilotwings has problems, but using WooHoo island isn't one of them (for most people).

Vicviper
04-03-2011, 06:31 PM
I can compare it to GT because Nintendo added more missions to do. They added jet pack, hang glider and a few other things that I won't mention for spoiler purposes. Just like GT there are things in Pilotwings that are in Wii Sports Resort but new additional content has been added to make a full gameplay experience.
I can see your mind is made up and that is your loss not mine. I think you should play a game and form your own opinion instead of relying on IGN(lol).

Alucard
04-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Dont worry I still plan to give it a shot and see how many things they added to it. I was just expecting something completely different. Its just not a day 1 purchase for me anymore. Hopefully kid icarus isnt set on fucking wuuhuu island too.

Escaflowne2001
04-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Is the island really called Woohoo...? :sweat:

Paper exe
04-04-2011, 12:06 AM
...hang glider and a few other things that I won't mention for spoiler purposes...
I totally approve the understanding and no spoiler comment. :thumb-up:

Ok you already ranked in the top of my must favorite member list there is no higher position, but what I'll do is add an addition star close to your name.

Alucard
04-04-2011, 12:29 AM
I thought I was most favourite :(

Paper exe
04-04-2011, 12:55 AM
You are in the super special Alucard list. You are too wise and awesome actually unbelievablely wise and awesome that having your name alongside others is an insult and disrespect to knowledge and wisdom.

It is like calling an average person without the PhD or the knowledge and experty as "Dr". Doing so is basically disrespect to the title.

Alucard
04-04-2011, 01:17 AM
HAH IN YOUR FACE VIPER!

Vicviper
04-04-2011, 03:51 AM
Thank You Paper! It is nice to know I have a gold star by my name and rank high with you. And also Thank You for not putting me close to the "special" list Alucard is on.. You're right that it is reserved for special people like him.

Being held high by Paper is like collecting all trophies in a game. Like collecting all Pokemon. Like finding a super rare game at a thrift store. It makes me giddy.

Alucard
04-04-2011, 04:21 AM
I think I'm not happy anymore.

Naoko Suki
04-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Here's ours! Only Nintendog's though.

2535 3648 3850

Paper exe
04-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Tried 3DS today and I found out that I cannot see the 3D effect.
Try having both fingers facing each other close to your eyes that how it looks like to me. I give it to my brother and he is so happy and excited. and now I see how some members (Spider prim) are insanely happy with it. I wouldn't lie; it hurts, I am heartbroken, never experienced such pain before. :crying:

I tried Nintendogs 3DS today and MY GOD THE PUPPY ARE SO ADORABLE. I want to squeeze him and love him to death. <3 <3 <3 <3

Joe Redifer
04-04-2011, 03:11 PM
You probably can't notice the 3D because one of your eyes is too bad, Paper. It probably doesn't see well enough to generate a 3D effect. Either that or someone turned off the 3D just to mess with you.

Naoko Suki
04-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Yeah. That 3D light is always on, even when the 3D isn't on. What a trick, huh!

Quasar
04-04-2011, 10:05 PM
5370 - 0400- 9471 is mine! I added you Naoko! :)

Sinful Sam
04-04-2011, 10:09 PM
So are we still going to need friend codes for each game as well?

Quasar
04-04-2011, 10:10 PM
The code is tied to the system. So it will function as your code for all 3DS games.

Sinful Sam
04-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Oh hey that's great news.

Quasar
04-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Yea it's pretty awesome. ^_^

Seraph
04-05-2011, 04:33 AM
Yeah friend codes don't seem like such a pain if I only have to enter it once and it enables things like a friends list.

Paper exe
04-05-2011, 08:08 AM
Dear 3DS users:

I cannot see 3D and my curiosity is killing me, I want to know how it is like. And do you like it? Does it hurt your eyes? CAN YOU LIVE WITHOUT IT!?

PS: Please note that it is true that being honest is important but try to be sensitive too in your respond; my little innocent heart cannot take much more pain.

Seraph
04-05-2011, 08:26 AM
PS: Please note that it is true that being honest is important but try to be sensitive too in your respond; my little innocent heart cannot take much more pain.The 3D is so amazing that games can't even be enjoyed properly without it.

Sinful Sam
04-05-2011, 09:39 AM
You can live without it. Lol

Paper exe
04-05-2011, 11:30 AM
You can live without it. Lol

Come on Sammy please more details. Pretty pleeeeeeeease.

The 3D is so amazing that games can't even be enjoyed properly without it.

I swear to god I wanted to explicitly exclude you in my comment. I simply knew you goanna be a jerk about it and I was right as usual. These kind of jokes loses all sense of humor when they start being serious and deeply bad intend. lol

Alucard
04-05-2011, 01:55 PM
I dont think its that awesome. And I'll admit to getting annoyed at having to hold it at the perfect angle to see the 3D properly.

Quasar
04-05-2011, 02:14 PM
The 3D is awesome in the sense of the added depth. It definitely makes games more fun to play in 3D but I don't feel like it's absolutely necessary. It definitely works in allowing the player to more properly perceive "distance" in the game too. I didn't notice it at first because it felt like second nature but it was as subtle 'wow' factor when I did.

Vicviper
04-05-2011, 03:29 PM
It is awesome to see. There is a real sense of depth and my eyes don't hurt me when playing with it for a while. But like Alucard said it is annoying to have to hold it at the perfect angle. I guess in time I will just know what that perfect angle is and won't be bothered by it because I've been trained.

Joe Redifer
04-05-2011, 04:02 PM
3D is awesome and you can't live without it. I once turned the 3D off and I ended up committing suicide!

Vicviper
04-05-2011, 05:28 PM
LoL!! I once committed suicide too! I realized I didn't like it and came back to life and all is well.

Paper if you don't realize what 3D on the 3DS looks like then you won't miss it. It's like technology we all thought we couldn't live with out but somehow we all did before it was invented. You're not going to miss it.

eastx
04-05-2011, 06:05 PM
I don't do anything any more unless it's 3D. I burned all my books and everything.

calintz
04-05-2011, 07:10 PM
i wish life was in 3D... :(

Paper exe
04-06-2011, 12:07 AM
You people have completely dodged the "being sensitive" part.
Don’t you have any lighter and nicer word to use other than “Awesome” as it general but strangely seems the only way you guys describe it. Also you can be honest while not being optimistic about it.

I am sorry but truth must be told you guys have miserably failed in following the required description in your statement therefore your opinions are null and void.

My cousins tried it and they didn’t seem to care or notice it much. They say that they would only know a 3D effect if someone told them otherwise they cannot tell the difference from having the effect one or off. It is strange because every person in the net I ran into seem to have a contradicted statement. What’s going on?
:confused:

eastx
04-06-2011, 06:58 AM
My cousins tried it and they didnít seem to care or notice it much. They say that they would only know a 3D effect if someone told them otherwise they cannot tell the difference from having the effect one or off. It is strange because every person in the net I ran into seem to have a contradicted statement. Whatís going on?
:confused:

From that description, it sounds like they weren't in the 3D sweet spot and/or didn't have the 3D slider adjusted accordingly.

Naoko Suki
04-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Man you have a nice friend code!!

The 3D for me, I DO like it and it makes the games pretty neat. Although I do like them the most with the AR games and the Face Raiders game. The ones MADE to do the 3D thing.

It's hard to view the 3D if there's a glare on it or bright light against your face, as it would be to watch anything on any screen.

I like how it does show depth! Although 3D is NOT needed for all games. I use it on and off.

It starts to hurt my eyes a bit if I use it too long, but not because of the 3D effect, but because I move a lot when I sit and I forget to adjust it back into the 'sweet spot' viewing area. Watching a blurry image and trying to focus on it hurts my eyes.

Just remember to keep it a bit further from your face when you play. It takes some time to get used to!

Paper exe
04-06-2011, 02:28 PM
You guys made me thinking. Nintendo have been making those gimmicky ever sense the DS and must of you either didn't care or just plain hate it, what made the 3D from all gimmick so “awesome” all of a sudden?

I am ganna say this with all care and love I read about my case and went to the doctor today and both said that people like me can see 3D. I'll keep up my treatment and see for myself. I swear if I finally see it and it ended up anything below "awesome" (as it is the only FREAKING way you people seem to be able on express it) I am goanna SPIT on all of you faces!

NO, you cannot take anything said back. Be warned "I was just joking" comment would get you double SPIT, so just receive your share quietly!

EDIT:
Just remember to keep it a bit further from your face when you play. It takes some time to get used to!
:(
Jerk!

Alucard
04-07-2011, 12:16 AM
DOUBLE SPIT!

calintz
04-07-2011, 12:34 AM
triple spit

in 3D!!!

Alucard
04-07-2011, 01:32 AM
You've gone too far!

Paper exe
04-07-2011, 03:08 AM
Say what you want, your mean heartless comment doesn't affect me anymore as it turned out I can see 3D! lol

You should have waited a bit before starting your mockery and attempt to break an innocent child heart. Now you people sounds like bunch of jerks. lol

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/paperexe/pwndbypaper.jpg?t=1302174775

Alucard
04-07-2011, 04:01 AM
And was the 3DS the greatest thing you ever saw in your life, aside from boobs?

eastx
04-07-2011, 04:22 AM
And was the 3DS the greatest thing you ever saw in your life, aside from boobs?

Paper's in that crazy religion where they're not allowed to see boobs or they have to publicly beat the woman.

Paper exe
04-07-2011, 04:56 AM
And EastX is in that crazy religion AND society where men acts, deemed and behaves like a women.

eastx
04-07-2011, 05:01 AM
Heyyyyy, I'm not in any religion at all. :P As for men acting like women, I'm sure you were thinking of good ol' Alucard when you said that!

Alucard
04-07-2011, 05:58 AM
I pissed myself laughing. Right through my stockings.

spider-prime
04-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Paper wins again!

Sinful Sam
04-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Paper is back!

spider-prime
04-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Does anyone know for sure if the 3DS is region locked with carts or is it just for downloadable games like the old DSi?

Escaflowne2001
04-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Not yet. The import site I visit are gonna test it when there UK 3DS turns up I let you know when they have unless we hear something before hand.

Paper exe
04-08-2011, 12:52 AM
I have been thinking about that yesterday.

I hope it s not locked as the PAL games are in nice and buyable boxes unlike the old DS. All regions got the same size, so I can basically buy whatever cheaper version without warring about a place to put them

Naoko Suki
04-08-2011, 10:42 AM
I do not understand what was wrong with the sentence.. :(

Dj Jimmi Zero
04-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Does anyone know for sure if the 3DS is region locked with carts or is it just for downloadable games like the old DSi?

The R4i works on the 3DS with an update, all of my Japanese DS games work on the 3DS, DSi enhanced and DSi games will not work on a 3DS of another region, so Idolmaster, Pokemon White/Black and Monster Finder fans are screwed.

Paper exe
04-08-2011, 11:48 AM
I showed my 3DS to my 6 years old cousin. He came to show me some of his DS games so I showed him Nintendogs+Cats and had the 3D on. At first he couldn't see the game I asked him to hold it right then he went on saying "It looks real! How did you do that!" he keept saying that and repeating it for the whole play, I take it away and had the effect off without him noticing then he said: it does not look real anymore". then I had it on again and he said the same thing: "It looks real! How did you do that!" for as long as he had it in hand!
I take it away and asked him what he mean and he said he thought that the dog would come out of the screen!

In my current condition I can only see little 3D and I managed to achieve that after hours of concentrating and comparing, but he saw it in the first second and apparently was something unbelievably notable. What the heck is that!? I wanna see what he saw! :crying:

I hope I can see it after my glasses is ready like the doctor and internet claims or I'll enter rage mode! :(

The R4i works on the 3DS with an update, all of my Japanese DS games work on the 3DS, DSi enhanced and DSi games will not work on a 3DS of another region, so Idolmaster, Pokemon White/Black and Monster Finder fans are screwed.
My DSi XL is Japanese and I can connect and play my US Pokemon just fine. Or does Dream World don't work?

Dj Jimmi Zero
04-09-2011, 02:11 PM
You must have a bootleg then Paper, DSi enhanced games do not work on a DSi or 3DS of another region. That means that the little black cartridges will not work, sorry.

progmetal
04-09-2011, 03:23 PM

They said earlier it's for carts too. This video shows at least that a US game doesn't work on an Japanese 3DS.

rSONr0_zzII

spider-prime
04-09-2011, 06:41 PM
fucking poopy shit fuck dipshit bull titty twist!

Alucard
04-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Yep, Nintendo being asshats. Not making it region free is the main reason I'll be downloading my games.

calintz
04-09-2011, 08:46 PM
even if nintendo did everything right, gamers will still download lol

Alucard
04-09-2011, 10:56 PM
But we would download with a smile on our face!

Escaflowne2001
04-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Ah! nuts guess I'll import a US 3DS in the future then when there are a good few RPGs that haven't been released in Europe.

Alucard
04-11-2011, 12:34 AM
Dont pander to nintendos tyranny! Buying another system is what they want you to do. Wait for a region free boot cartridge.

Paper exe
04-11-2011, 01:05 AM
wait for a limited addition mario 3DS!

eastx
04-11-2011, 01:07 AM
Ah! nuts guess I'll import a US 3DS in the future then when there are a good few RPGs that haven't been released in Europe.

If you wait a while, they might release a hardware revision (like a Lite or XL model). That way you could upgrade without making your original 3DS redundant. Of course, you'd only get the benefits of the better hardware on US games...

Escaflowne2001
04-11-2011, 02:05 AM
Dont pander to nintendos tyranny! Buying another system is what they want you to do. Wait for a region free boot cartridge.

Oh! I will if there is one. The one on the Wii didn't work very well however. I'm talking about 2/3 years from now anyway when/if there are a good number of games I want.

KingOfSentinels
04-13-2011, 01:21 AM
Lylat Wars remake is coming to Japan on July 17th. Thats one of the games that makes me need a 3DS.