PDA

View Full Version : Sin & Punishment: Star Successor

loempiavreter
05-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Any other European got their hands on this gem?

murray
05-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Got it and beat it. I thought it was pretty good in terms of gameplay but it looked bad and had terrible story, I don't know why they even try and attach a plot.

Alucard
05-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Story was crap? Guess I'll avoid it then.

Reality
05-16-2010, 06:54 PM
I was going to try playing it this morning but I decided to finish Batman: DA first.

calintz
05-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Story was crap? Guess I'll avoid it then.

not like the first one was any better...

Alucard
05-16-2010, 10:43 PM
I never played the first one but avoided it for the same reason. Sooner or later someone has to write a good story for one of these.

Joe Redifer
05-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Unless the story in a game warrants a full novelization by one of William Shakespeare's own blood relatives, I do not buy it. Games are all about story, nothing else.

eastx
05-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Exactly! Who the heck plays an on-rails shooter for the gunplay? Not me! Nudity is mandatory as well.

Escaflowne2001
05-17-2010, 02:16 AM
I was gonna say who is expecting a story in a shooter like this.

Alucard
05-17-2010, 03:17 AM
Fucking christ damnit to hell. I keep getting this title mixed with the handheld rpgs from Atlus. Ignore my previous CRAP

murray
05-17-2010, 03:24 AM
The point is why bother trying to include a story at all.

Sinful Sam
05-17-2010, 03:24 AM
lolo. Yeah who cares about the story. This game is meant to play like an arcade shooter game

darren
05-17-2010, 04:02 AM
i'm sure someone cared about the story in space harrier

Alucard
05-17-2010, 04:35 AM
I thought it was an rpg. No, dont need story in shooters. Actually dont need stories in most styles of games. They help however. But with rpgs its essential.

Paper exe
05-17-2010, 04:54 AM
lol loved how the thread started.

Vicviper
06-28-2010, 12:05 AM
FINALLY came out today, Sunday, in N.A. Played a couple of stages and I like it. Good arcade style shooter. Graphically sub par but acceptable. Story is there but not memorable. I'm not playing video games for stories, I read actual books for that.

I wonder if this was published by Nintendo here in the USA. I say this because the game came with Club Nintendo points code and it was released on a Sunday which only Nintendo seems to do.

Dj Jimmi Zero
06-28-2010, 12:17 AM
The Gamestops in my area pulled some bullshit saying that the game shipped yesterday and will be in store on Monday.

Joe Redifer
06-28-2010, 01:17 AM
I'm not playing video games for stories, I read actual books for that.
I agree with the first part of that, but most certainly not the second part! Books are dumb. All books should be burned (except for the one I am scheduled to help write, of course). Instead, go see more movies if you want stories. Or watch Dexter.

I wonder if this was published by Nintendo here in the USA. I say this because the game came with Club Nintendo points code and it was released on a Sunday which only Nintendo seems to do.
Hmmm... judging by the evidence there it is really hard to say. The world will never know! :tongue:

Sinful Sam
06-28-2010, 02:42 AM
Huh? The game is out?! :8):

Vicviper
06-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Same thing happened to me DJ Jimmi. I reserved at gamestop and got a text saying that it would be available on Sunday. I went to the store and they didn't have it. I then proceeded to Best Buy where they had plenty of them for sale.

You are writing a book Joe? Is it your biography?
Reading is much more fun then watching a movie. The only thing movies have that is better then reading is surround sound. Other then that reading is better.

Sinful Sam
06-29-2010, 02:22 AM
I got my copy today at Gamestop. It seemed like they only had two copies for this game. They said they sold one copy on Sunday and they had a hard time finding a copy for me.

Vicviper
06-29-2010, 07:41 AM
That's interesting. If forecast sales are predicted to be so low I wonder why Nintendo chose to publish the game. I'm glad that they did because who knows if Treasure or anybody else would have picked it up for a N.A. release.

eastx
06-29-2010, 02:25 PM
That's interesting. If forecast sales are predicted to be so low I wonder why Nintendo chose to publish the game. I'm glad that they did because who knows if Treasure or anybody else would have picked it up for a N.A. release.

Nintendo of Japan can force NOA to publish the game, but they can't choose how many copies are produced/distributed to individual retailers.

You are writing a book Joe? Is it your biography?
Reading is much more fun then watching a movie. The only thing movies have that is better then reading is surround sound. Other then that reading is better.

It's the biography of... Well, I think that's secret right now. I completely disagree with you about movies though, even though I have a B.A. in Literature.

Vicviper
06-29-2010, 11:03 PM
You can disagree if you like that's fine. Reading books draws a far more detailed world in my mind then any movie could ever reproduce. Movies are great and I like to watch and listen to them but reading a great book is so much more satisfying.

Slash
07-17-2010, 07:51 AM

The original has become a cult classic sinse being release on the VC. The lead character even appeare in brawl as a attack truphy. I`m glad NOA is giveing a lesser know game a chance. I just wish they would give more games from japan a chance too.