PDA

View Full Version : Games you have beaten in the year 2010

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Escaflowne2001
05-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Scrapland (Xbox) a fun little Jak and Daxter clone. I few to many races though.

SpaceManSpiff
05-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Beat Alan Wake on normal, roughly 10 hours. I Loved the game, lots of fun. It's like a combination of Resident Evil 4 and Uncharted. Now that I got that out of the way. The story and ending are pretty stupid, they should have kept it simple and not gone the supernatural way, with "the darkness"....ugh The graphics aren't bad, but 5 years..come on. And lastly, the facial animations are horrible and the lip syncing is REAL BAD, very annoying. It's like watching an old king kong movie.

Murray- No I don't think it was all a dream. I think Alan finishes the last page by writing what we see: The Festival taking place, everyone happy, and his wife coming out of the lake. When it shows him though, it looks like the darkness has taken control of him which is why he says, "the lake was an ocean." Why you hear his wifes voice at the end saying, "wake up Alan" I don't know. But I guess it all goes back to the very beginning of the game when he talks about Steven King and his views on fear/ horror. "It doesn't have to make sense and the mystery doesn't have to be solved.":indiff:

murray
05-23-2010, 02:38 PM
I thought the harder they tried the worse the story got. Totally agree that it would of been better if it were less supernatural. Five years is a long time but they're a small team and built the engine from scratch so it's understandable.

SpaceManSpiff
05-23-2010, 02:58 PM
So I guess that Big Daddy guy is the other author. What was up with that part near the end when there are two Alan Wakes, one is smiling, and they are about to touch each other and the Big Daddy guy says, "Don't mind him, he will take your place while your here". WTF?:confused:

Oh, and I loved watching the t.v. shows.:)

murray
05-23-2010, 03:14 PM
It lost me at the point where you first see the other author in the diving gear around the end of chapter 4 I think. I didn't get the bit with two Alans either, it was trying too hard imo.

spider-prime
05-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Assassin's Creed II... ok this one is a lot better than the first one. I actually enjoyed it.

Beam
05-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Assassin's Creed II... ok this one is a lot better than the first one. I actually enjoyed it.

you'd better be right grimace or it's off with your head.............er........upper body part or whatever it is you have. been thinking about picking up the sequel.

spider-prime
05-23-2010, 05:32 PM
I got it pretty cheap, I would wait tho, apparently there might be a GOTY like collection that comes with the 2 DLC they made and they're the last 2 parts of the story! Chapters 12 and 13.

I got the game for 25 bucks cause amazon had it on sale.

darren
05-23-2010, 05:43 PM
i hated the first AC but really liked the 2nd

Dr. Bombay
05-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Alan Wake.

Also Brutal Legend. Man, Brutal Legend...just when it starts finally getting good and coherent and true to it's metal name, it ends.

spider-prime
05-24-2010, 04:13 AM
I was going to get brutal legend for 10 bucks at amazon.ca but then I said, nahhhhh. it has jack black in it.

bujeezus
05-24-2010, 02:45 PM
i suck at completeing games but so far...

Battlefield Bad Company
Gears of War
Darkstalkers
Shadow Complex

yeah, i just got a 360 this year...

Paper exe
05-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Your list needs some colours. How about adding Pokemon or Super Mario there.

Alucard
05-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Paper makes everything better. You must thank him Bujeezus.

Joe Redifer
05-26-2010, 05:31 AM
3D Dot Game Heroes - PS3. About time! The last few dungeons were TEDIOUS! And the final dungeon was almost like having all of the dungeons combined into one... almost. Otherwise it was a great game and I am glad I bought it. I might go back to try and get another trophy or two, but beyond that, it's now time to unseal Alan Wake!

Escaflowne2001
05-27-2010, 07:50 AM
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (Xbox) A nice little adventure game with an interesting story. It could have done without the wonky combat every couple of chapters though.

Need to go and play the original PC game at some point now.

Alucard
05-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Dont forget all the other pc adventure games. Black Mirror 2 just came out too.

Escaflowne2001
05-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Dont forget all the other pc adventure games. Black Mirror 2 just came out too.

Yeah I know I have an omega backlog. I was looking at Black Mirror 1 the other day but I already have alot to play. I think Broken Sword 4 and Still Life 2 will be my next adventure games.

Though Stalker and Painkiller 3 will be my next PC games. I'm actually quite excited to start really playing some PC games and a little overwealmed at the sametime.

Einhander
05-30-2010, 03:53 AM
Beat Persona 4 today and got the good ending :D

Did I mention KOTOR? That was a couple of months ago.

Working on KOTOR 2 now that I've finished Persona 4.

Escaflowne2001
05-30-2010, 04:01 AM
Alpha Protocol (XB360) good but not great. The story is interesting and there are alot of different choices. Just needed work on the gameplay.

Alucard
05-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Working on KOTOR 2 now that I've finished Persona 4.

Are you playing the pc version?

Einhander
05-31-2010, 07:02 AM
Are you playing the pc version?

No, played the Xbox version.

*Terrible* ending.

Alucard
05-31-2010, 09:59 AM
Its not a terrible ending because there isnt an ending. Get the pc version and experience the ending and everything that was cut.

flamingspiral
05-31-2010, 05:25 PM
Beat Uncharted. Great game. I thought it was really fun, including excellent gameplay and great graphics. Story wasn't too bad either.

On to Batman.

Alucard
05-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Uncharted 2 is godly. Get to that as soon as you can.

darren
05-31-2010, 07:47 PM
Just finished red dead .. most enjoyable

flamingspiral
05-31-2010, 09:18 PM
Uncharted 2 is godly. Get to that as soon as you can.

I plan to once I finish Batman: Arkham Asylum. I was planning on getting Demon's Soul once I finish Batman, but now that I finished Uncharted I really can't wait to play 2.

Reko8
05-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Just finished Prince of Persia, the artsy 2008 one. It was good for what it was, but got pretty repetitive for 2 reasons. The first, you have to go through the same 4 themes of areas and fight the same 4 bosses over and over again. The second, since the game lets you do the areas in any order you want, the game never increases difficulty in terms of parkour. Which sucks, because in all the other PoP games, they would gradually become more difficult and you would look at a hallway near the end of the game and think "Fuck me". In this new game, once you do the first area, they are all the same difficulty, just with objects in different places to make it seem fresh, but really, once you figure one out, they are all just as hard.

The ending was cool though on how it ended on a shitty note. I hope to see another one in the future, but if another doesn't come out, I'd be happy with just the one entry.

Northeastmonk
06-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Nier, it was shorter then I had thought it was going to be. Very good soundtrack.

Escaflowne2001
06-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Conker's Bad Fur Day (Xbox)- never played the original N64 version but this was a truely fun and bizarre game. I wish Rare still made games like this.

murray
06-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Red Dead Redemption. Second fav this year behind Mass Effect 2, liked the ending.

NES4EVER
06-04-2010, 04:37 AM
Beat both Heavy Rain and Borderlands tonight..

Neither lived up to the hype.

Borderlands was fun for 20 levels or so but then got very monotonous for the rest of the game. If not for the fact I played the entire thing co-op on PSN with my brother in-law, I would have shelved it long ago.

The cel-shade move actually worked good in this game. It had fair amounts of color and flair in some areas and enemies.

The vehicles controlled for shit, worse than the Mako on Mass Effect. There were also 3-4 times where I got stuck in a wall or mountain and had to quit the game to get out. The other bad thing is the quests hardly ever told you which zone your objective was in, so sometimes you would end up running through 2-3 zones when you could've just warped there if the missions were more clear.

Graphics - 4/5
Sound - 4/5
Gameplay - 3/5
Multiplayer - 4/5

Heavy Rain was an interesting title. Obviously reminded me of Indigo Prophecy and to a lesser extent the prehistoric Night Trap. Not sure I dig the interactive media games. I thought the story was good and didn't see the twist at the end coming until the second twin brothers sequence. Cool concept but would have sooner had more control in areas and had them mix it up between QTE's and 3rd person control (besides just walking). Gorgeous game graphically though.

Graphics - 5/5
Sound - 5/5
Gameplay - 2/5

Vegetto
06-06-2010, 02:28 AM
Beat Alan wake today, sucks they're going to finish the story through DLC =///

8/10

darren
06-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Splinter Cell - Conviction ... was kinda fun

Drunken Savior
06-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Borderlands was fun for 20 levels or so but then got very monotonous for the rest of the game. If not for the fact I played the entire thing co-op on PSN with my brother in-law, I would have shelved it long ago.

FUCK! No one has this game for the PC, except Vegetto who doesn't play it anymore. I've been itching to play it more and I have no one to play it with. :(

Alucard
06-06-2010, 06:40 PM
The PC gamers are playing BC2 and TF2. Borderlands was largely ignored.

SpaceManSpiff
06-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Beat Just Cause 2 last week. Three dungeons into 3D Dot Game Heroes so far.

flamingspiral
06-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Did you like Just Cause 2? How was it?

Soba
06-07-2010, 07:41 PM
6/07 - Portal (PC)

'Bout time I played that!

SpaceManSpiff
06-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Did you like Just Cause 2? How was it?

Yeah I liked it, not so much for the story missions though. There are only 7 relatively short missions but you have to unlock them by causing destruction and collecting upgrades in the game. If you like GTA style games you should love Just Cause 2. The world in this game is huge, and the environments look great. I think the graphics rival those of uncharted 2 to be honest. Controls take a bit to get used to and there isn't much to do other than blow shit up and mess around with your grappling hook, but I managed to throw away 20+ hours into the game. It could have used multiplayer and fully destructible environments imo. Flying an airliner into a skyscraper is fun, but I want to take the building down.:evilsmile

flamingspiral
06-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Well I really liked Mercenaries for the ps2. Not so much a GTA fan. I played the Just Cause 2 demo over PSN and thought it was fun (even after realizing the story is junk). But I thought the controls were fine, and the graphics are good too.
Multiplayer would have been nice though.

Escaflowne2001
06-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Finished.

Nostalgia (DS)- was a pretty average JRPG, from the developers of FFIII/FFIV and it's like they just re-skined one of them to make this game. Gave it a real-world setting and we're away. Added some airship battles which sounded interesting but weren't really.

Final Fantasy II (GBA) - a huge improvement over FF1 in pretty much everyway. This one had a much more interesting story though a little weak by todays games.

Painkiller Overdose (PC) - More of the same as the previous to games really, little to no story, lots of shooting and I finally got to kick Samuel ass.

Stalker: Shadow Of Chenobyl (PC) - excellent game mostly. very much like Fallout 3 though the characters in Stalker were very flat and everybody was virtually the same even worse then in Fallout 3. Also unless I missed a alternative path somewhere the ending to the game is one of the worst I've seen in a while.

murray
06-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Finished NMH2, think I preferred the original.

Dj Jimmi Zero
06-12-2010, 02:10 PM
I so agree with you on that one Murray, I found the sequel so bad that I returned it and got my money back.

murray
06-13-2010, 09:51 AM
I didn't think it was bad, it's certainly more streamlined. The other assassins weren't as memorable as the original.

eastx
06-14-2010, 05:44 AM
I finally played and beat Braid this week. The background art is just incredible. Never dug the sprites' art style, but it works well enough. I like that the story is so metaphorical and intelligent, but I had really hoped it was just about relationships.

Joe Redifer
06-14-2010, 05:51 AM
I had really hoped it was a platform game, not a puzzle game.

Finally beat Alan Wake for my Xbox 360 video game system made by Microsoft.

Paper exe
06-15-2010, 08:48 AM
Super mario galaxy 2 with all 120 stars.

CongoJack
06-15-2010, 03:30 PM
There are 242 stars in SMG2.....

Paper exe
06-15-2010, 03:42 PM
F*** Y** FOR SPOILING THAT :too mad:

I was saving the surprise for tomorrow. Why did you respond anyway. I made dozen of questions in here, serious once and easy to answer and yet everyone are as rude as they come and ignore it. even when they have the answer. But NOT this you had to open your mouth.

:too mad::too mad::too mad::too mad::too mad::too mad::too mad:

CongoJack
06-16-2010, 04:08 AM
This was common information coming over from SMG, it was announced before the game launched. You did not even ask any questions about SMG2.

eastx
06-16-2010, 04:44 AM
Gotta agree with Congo on this one.

darren
06-16-2010, 06:14 AM
yeep totally .. it was common knowledge .. well i thought it was anyway

Joe Redifer
06-16-2010, 06:19 AM
Paper lives in a 3rd world country. Any information they get there is at least a few months old because the internet and even electricity itself moves slower.

darren
06-16-2010, 06:29 AM
ohhh that perfectly ok's his reply to Congo then .. glad we cleared that up

Escaflowne2001
06-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Mass Effect 2 Overlord DLC. I quite liked this one. The story was more interesting I think it didn't last very long but weren't really expecting it to.

Paper exe
06-16-2010, 01:52 PM
This was common information coming over from SMG, it was announced before the game launched. You did not even ask any questions about SMG2.

ahh sorry about the respond I was really mad. I avoid reading about games since they mostly contain spoilers and many are unveiled to cater buyers. Reviling anything that needs to be unlocked is a spoiler, no arguments here. And I also live in a 3world country as Joe mentioned getting information is tough here.

Again I am sorry.

Escaflowne2001
06-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Mario dies in the secret ending.

Paper exe
06-16-2010, 02:14 PM
nahh that didn't work well. You might want to learn a pointer or two from Congo if you care to have a good result. Try going back to check his comment. You can see that he did it in quite a professional and stimulating manner.

Escaflowne2001
06-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Well, duh! It's not like I actually expected you to believe it.

CongoJack
06-16-2010, 09:03 PM
No worries!

Escaflowne2001
06-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce (XB360) a nice change of formula for DW and I think this set up is slightly better then the normal DW series. Though with this game I'm gonna stop playing anymore DW/SW/WO games.

I think they've covered everything now and I don't think I can bring myself to play anymore. Koei need to try something new.

flamingspiral
06-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Just finish Batman: Arkham Asylum. Great game. The battle system was good, the graphics were great, and the boss battles were engaging. The voice acting was really good all around. I really liked the amount of history the games tells about Batman with character bio's you can unlock throughout the game. I also enjoyed searching for all the riddles that are scattered throughout Arkham. Can't wait for Arkham Asylum 2.

Drunken Savior
06-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Glad you liked it! One of the better single player games to come out recently.

eastx
06-19-2010, 10:59 PM
I beat Arkham Asylum on PC a month or so ago. I liked all the same stuff. Definitely one of the best games I've played. But in games that have infrared visor-type things, I always end up using the visor 90% of the time, which really washes out the colors. Maybe that's just me.

javi
06-20-2010, 12:29 AM
I have been playing quite a few games on the PS3, but since everything on my system somehow got erased, I have to start all over again on FFXIII, and Killzone 2. To make things worse, I never beat either one of them. But I have beaten one game though:

Bioshock 2 - PC/Normal mode.

My brother got the best ending on the X360 version, while I ended up getting the worst one. Maybe its because I killed one of the little sisters. And that was by accident.

Alucard
06-20-2010, 01:14 AM
Yeah, you need to be nice to all the little girls to get the good ending. Just check the endings on youtube if you ever miss any of any game.

flamingspiral
06-20-2010, 02:50 AM
I watched my brother kill a couple of little sisters. I guess he definitely didn't get the good ending.

But in games that have infrared visor-type things, I always end up using the visor 90% of the time, which really washes out the colors. Maybe that's just me.

I know what you mean, detective mode can really take away from the great graphics if used too much. Detective mode was a great addition to the game though, a pleasant surprise from most games.

Drunken Savior
06-20-2010, 02:59 AM
Yeah, I felt that. Detective mode was almost 'too' useful to the point that you could just run through the game and there was no need for stealth. It should be tempered somehow to make the game a little more challenging. Even hard mode wasn't that hard once you noticed how the bad guys were programed. Once you begin to notice the beginning animations for attacks, you instinctively hit counter and it worked every time.

flamingspiral
06-20-2010, 03:13 AM
Detective mode provided a wide variety of advantages. It made this aspect of the gameplay really cool. But you're right DS, after a while it gets a little too breezy once you figure out every advantage. A little more challenge would definitely be welcome for Arkham 2.

Sinful Sam
06-21-2010, 08:47 PM
I finished Red Dead Redemption this past weekend. Awesome awesome game.

Mr.KUNG-FU
06-22-2010, 04:04 AM
Just finished Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Good game but the ending boss was lacking.

Joe Redifer
06-22-2010, 06:16 AM
I felt he was quite fine.

spider-prime
06-22-2010, 06:19 AM
Just finished Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Good game but the ending boss was lacking.

Do it on crushing, he gets annoying lol... actually the machoman randy savage part on the train was more annoying on crushing.

Mr.KUNG-FU
06-22-2010, 11:53 PM
I was kinda expecting a giant yeti boss battle at the end but the whole yeti thing was false anyways.

Escaflowne2001
06-24-2010, 06:01 AM
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af130/landlock/risen-1.jpg

I really enjoyed this game fair more then I thought I would after watching my friend play it. The first couple of hours were abit of a chore when my only weapon was a sturdy branch. It soon got better the game is pretty much completely open and you can really do the game anyway you wanted in almost any order you want.

I probs liked it more then oblivion in the end because unlike Oblivion everyone was always doing something living there own lives and there were very few nameless NPC characters most people were important in one way or another throughout the game. The quests were also far less tedious then oblivion I think.

my only real gripe is the battle system could be a bit wonky at times where as a creature would attack you and you'd die instantly where as usually it wouldn't kill you.

Alucard
06-24-2010, 06:11 AM
Risen is SORT OF part of the Gothic series jowood publish thats on pc. Gothic 4 is coming soon which you should enjoy.

Escaflowne2001
06-24-2010, 06:13 AM
I actually brought Gothic Universe (1-3) a little while ago something I noticed about PC games they seem to love releasing collection packs which is very handy.

Alucard
06-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Yeah I love that too.

SpaceManSpiff
06-24-2010, 12:44 PM
3D Dot game Heroes. Fun little game.

KingOfSentinels
06-25-2010, 07:33 AM
PORTAL!

Beam
06-25-2010, 11:12 AM
the orange box

Risky
06-25-2010, 05:38 PM
RDR, what a neat ending! While hunting down the last "boss" character, I shot and killed everyone that gave me information towards his whereabouts.

Nem
06-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Finished.

Nostalgia (DS)- was a pretty average JRPG, from the developers of FFIII/FFIV and it's like they just re-skined one of them to make this game. Gave it a real-world setting and we're away. Added some airship battles which sounded interesting but weren't really.

This game was actually planned for the saturn but eventually cancelled. I think it was some spawn of tecmo that planned it, i dont quite recall.
I got the game on my DS aswell, but havent brought myself to properly play it. It seemed to have a little vibe of skies of arcadia with adventure, airships and a misterious woman.

Maybe ill get down to it someday... but given how much patience i have for snore fests these days... probably i wont.

Escaflowne2001
06-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah you won't be missing much. Yeah I mean the ship battles, the characters and even the fact you could discover the hidden mysteries of the world were all quite like Skies Of Arcadia.

The main problem for me was the didn't really like the characters and the story was pretty boring.

Alucard
06-26-2010, 06:42 AM
FINALLY completed Tales of Vesperia. Good game. Abyss was way better though.

darren
06-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Mario galaxy 2. Most enjoyable

Escaflowne2001
06-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3) - Really enjoyed this one is was so much better then Modern Warfare 2. One of the best looking games I've ever seen aswell.

Vegetto
06-28-2010, 11:26 PM
I've played 62 hours of BC2 so far, and I haven't even touched the single player =P

Escaflowne2001
06-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Hyteria Project (PS3 Mini) - A strange first person, live-action choose you own adventure about your escape after being captured by a serial killer.

Turn out to be PT1 of a series but the others haven't been released yet if they ever will be.

Drunken Savior
06-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Just finished Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All! Felt like a lot of the stories were rehashed from the first, but still loved the game! The last trial was epic and confused me often.

Also, I <3 Franziska!

Mr.KUNG-FU
06-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Just finished Heavy Rain and accidentally got the best ending on my first play through.

Dr. Bombay
06-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Just wrapped up Transformers single player campaign on hard.

That may have the best set pieces in a game all year.

it's too bad the multiplayer is kinda crap

SavedFromSin
06-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Really? The reviews I've read have raved about it.

Dr. Bombay
06-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Half the time I play it, the weapons damage feels COMPLETELY inconsistent.

the other half, I am met with CRIPPLING lag.

Supposedly there's a patch coming out for it. If it fixes all that stuff, wonderful. If not, I think I'm finished with this game.

eastx
06-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I'm hoping the Transformers patch polishes up the MP sufficiently. It's off to a decent start, but needs host migration at the very least.

I beat Buccaneer: The Pursuit of Infamy on PC. It's quite a fun pirate action game. Only $2.50 on Steam till July 4!

Northeastmonk
06-30-2010, 03:49 PM
FINALLY completed Tales of Vesperia. Good game. Abyss was way better though.

I had 15 hours into Vesperia before I sold it. Don't know the reason. I thought it was way better then Abyss. Can you tell me why you think Abyss is so great?

I guess I'm not a huge Tales fan, but I'll have to say I enjoy them more then the Legends series all the way!

Dr. Bombay
07-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I'm hoping the Transformers patch polishes up the MP sufficiently. It's off to a decent start, but needs host migration at the very least.

I beat Buccaneer: The Pursuit of Infamy on PC. It's quite a fun pirate action game. Only $2.50 on Steam till July 4!

So the only thing the patch seems to have done is allow for XP multiplier events.

So yeah, fuck this game, I'm done. The multiplayer is fucking ass.

Alucard
07-01-2010, 04:27 AM
I had 15 hours into Vesperia before I sold it. Don't know the reason. I thought it was way better then Abyss. Can you tell me why you think Abyss is so great?

The story in Abyss was much better for me. Plus the dialogue between all the characters was far more entertaining and sometimes more darker. The only thing in Vesperia that was very cool were some of the decisions the main character makes. Otherwise all the other characters were almost ...uh..how to describe it.. generic. Little kid who wants to be strong but is a coward, but later becomes really brave and just spouts the same crap throughout the entire game. Healing girl whos nice and happy and wants to help everyone. Sleezy older character whos an awesome fighter and has a serious hidden past but covers everything but being a joker. Angry mage girl whos always angry but has a cute side.

Also the story seemed to drag a little longer then it needed to. I mean you faced 1 of the villains like 4 times. Abyss though the main character is the most unique character you'll ever see in an rpg as a main character. The side characters are actually pretty good too. It was just way better overall. Loved that game and I wasnt even expecting much after the horrid Tales of Legendia which I stopped playing 8 hours into because it was fucking painful.

SpaceManSpiff
07-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Beat Condemned today, borrowed it from a friend. Great game to play at night with the lights out. I'll have to pick up number two sometime.

Alucard
07-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Condemned 1 was awesome. 2 just went out and raped the whole thing that made the first one good. Didnt bother finishing it.

Escaflowne2001
07-02-2010, 06:23 AM
While the story wasn't quite as good the level designs were better and there was more variety in the enemies in Condemned 2.

Alucard
07-02-2010, 06:29 AM
The whole thing about the first one was it was meant to be a background supernatural theme and you mostly fought crazy people in some awesome levels, like the house, the subway, etc. The next game had some stupid supernatural crap all the way through, from the sigils to the stupid ink monsters. Didnt impress me at all. The story suffered because of this approach.

Escaflowne2001
07-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles on the Wii: It was a pretty good game while I'm not a huge fan of on rail-shooters it being Resident Evil the story kept me interested and was a nice remake of Resident Evil 2 aswell as the Code Veronica storyline. It also included a storyline that was new which was a sequel to Code Veronica and made up some backstory between Leon and Krauser setting up Resident Evil 4.

javi
07-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Killzone 2. The last boss was a pain.

Alucard
07-04-2010, 12:50 AM
I tried to complete far cry 2. Always looked crap but gave it a try since I could set everything on fire. After 3 missions I noticed why I thought it was crap to begin with and uninstalled it. Worst game I've played this year so far.

Havoc2049
07-07-2010, 12:59 AM
1. Phantasy Star 0 (DS) - Jan. 18 - Single player Story Mode on Hard.
2. Alien vs Predator (PC) - Jan. 23 - Marine storyline on Realistic
3. Mass Effect (X360) - Feb. 20 - Normal
4. Crossbow (Atari XL/XE) March 7th
5. Mass Effect 2 (X360) - March 31st - Normal
6. Phantasy Star Universe: Episode 2 (X360) - Difficulty C - Apr. 10th
7. Splinter Cell: Conviction (X360) - Both single (realistic) and co-op (normal) storylines. - Apr. 27th
8. Wolfenstein (X360) - Uber difficulty - May 14th
9. Karateka (Atari ST) - May 31st
10. Death Smiles (X360) - July 5th
11. Risk (PC, Windows 3.1) - July 6th

Updating my list.

Alucard
07-07-2010, 04:12 AM
Sorry, you cant list AvP unless you complete all 3 races. It'll only take you 4hours.

Dr. Bombay
07-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Risk: Factions.

Interesting campaign, if only to serve as a tutorial for going online.

Now I just wish there was someone...ANYONE...online

SpaceManSpiff
07-07-2010, 11:30 AM
I'll play with you!

Havoc2049
07-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Sorry, you cant list AvP unless you complete all 3 races. It'll only take you 4hours.

Isn't there some kind of statute of limitations in regards to this heinous accusation by Alucard? :P I completed the Marine storyline back in January and I did it on Realistic difficulty, died a lot and it took me about 8 hours or so. Do we have an impartial judge in the house that can resolve this matter?

Alucard
07-07-2010, 05:17 PM
You played only 1/3 of the game and played as slow as a woman. JUDGE RULES INCOmPLETE!

SavedFromSin
07-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Those of you that have beaten over fifty games already I gotta ask: how the hell are you doing that? Where do you find the time? Do you work full time? Married? Kids?

Joe Redifer
07-07-2010, 08:38 PM
I agree! I am not currently playing any games at all right now. I stopped playing Mario Galaxy 2 because I got bored with it, so I won't be able to add that to my list. I guess it goes without saying that I don't beat every game I buy/play... and that's perfectly OK.

SpaceManSpiff
07-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Sadly, Ally is right. Just beating the marine levels is not completing the game. Or else I could count it as 3 games completed. I could even count Transformers as two games completed, Decepticon and Autobot missions. I can't believe you spent 8 hours on the marine missions alone. Did you even try the alien/ predator missions? I know the game isn't great, but isn't that the reason most people play AvP games?

flamingspiral
07-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Those of you that have beaten over fifty games already I gotta ask: how the hell are you doing that? Where do you find the time? Do you work full time? Married? Kids?

I thought I was slow or something. I've only beat about 5 games this year. That doesn't include MLB: The Show. Not really sure how you beat it. Win the World Series? I was making a second run through Half-Life 2 until another game got in the way. I'm also a full time cook and sometimes don't get a day off for weeks on end, so sometimes I'm just too exhausted to play anything.

Alucard
07-08-2010, 04:10 AM
Some people play long hours. Like daily nothing under 5-6 hours and on weekends like 10+ each day.

Risky
07-08-2010, 05:51 AM
JOE DANGER! Took me a couple of hours to beat the most challenging level in the game, which brought me to 100% finally. Here's a vid of said level (not me playing):

pTPCG970HxI

Escaflowne2001
07-08-2010, 06:49 AM

I work full time and I'm not married.

But really leaving RPG's to one side most games nowadays can be beaten in about 5-7hrs. Especially as personally I play alot of FPS and third person shooters.

Out of all the games that I've completed this year the only game I would consider long was Growlanser V which took me like three weeks to finish.

eastx
07-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Beat Afterburner Climax and got all the Achievements last night. It's quite fun, and I love tailoring the experience to set my preferences with the EX Options. There's still a few options to go back and work on and plenty of medals in Score Attack... Sega did a great job bringing that game home to consoles.

KingOfSentinels
07-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Devil May Cry 4

Awesome game, 100%, but I don't like what they did with the story characters. They did what MGS2 did. I didn't mind Raiden, but Snake is better; same way that Nero was okay, but Dante is miles better. Would rather play as him all the way through.

Havoc2049
07-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Sadly, Ally is right. Just beating the marine levels is not completing the game. Or else I could count it as 3 games completed. I could even count Transformers as two games completed, Decepticon and Autobot missions. I can't believe you spent 8 hours on the marine missions alone. Did you even try the alien/ predator missions? I know the game isn't great, but isn't that the reason most people play AvP games?

You played only 1/3 of the game and played as slow as a woman. JUDGE RULES INCOmPLETE!

Fine! Since you called out my manhood, it shall be completed! Until then, the mark of shame...

1. Phantasy Star 0 (DS) - Jan. 18 - Single player Story Mode on Hard.
2. Alien vs Predator (PC) - Jan. 23 - Marine storyline on Realistic
3. Mass Effect (X360) - Feb. 20 - Normal
4. Crossbow (Atari XL/XE) March 7th
5. Mass Effect 2 (X360) - March 31st - Normal
6. Phantasy Star Universe: Episode 2 (X360) - Difficulty C - Apr. 10th
7. Splinter Cell: Conviction (X360) - Both single (realistic) and co-op (normal) storylines. - Apr. 27th
8. Wolfenstein (X360) - Uber difficulty - May 14th
9. Karateka (Atari ST) - May 31st
10. Death Smiles (X360) - July 5th
11. Risk (PC, Windows 3.1) - July 6th

eastx
07-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Does Risk even have a single-player campaign? I don't think playing a single game of Risk counts as beating a game either. Also, Windows 3.1???

Sinful Sam
07-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Joe Danger looks much more complicated then I thought.

SpaceManSpiff
07-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Beat Transformers last night, no thanks to you guys. Since noone was able to play with me I played most of the game with randoms that joined my game. Most of them were ok but hardly any of them talked. Still tons better than your AI teammates. At the final boss on the Autobot missions, my teammates kept dying over and over. After about 30 minutes they finally left and I beat the boss by myself with no real problems.

SavedFromSin
07-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Haven't beat it yet, but I finally started playing Resonance of Fate and Super Mario Galaxy 2. ROF is pretty freaking hard, but i like it (not the greatest game ever made but fun). SMG2 is absolutely amazing and I can't believe it has taken me this long to finally play it.

Risky
07-09-2010, 03:00 AM
Just beat Demon's Souls!

Joe Redifer
07-09-2010, 03:16 AM
Alright! Share your opinions so that others may be persuaded to buy the game.

Havoc2049
07-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Does Risk even have a single-player campaign? I don't think playing a single game of Risk counts as beating a game either. Also, Windows 3.1???

Yes, it does have a single player mode. The other players are computer controlled. So can Risk not be beat?

Ya, Windows 3.1!

LgNvecqAD0o

Escaflowne2001
07-09-2010, 08:18 PM
I don't see any problem with Risk being listed as completed the same way you can finish a football game by winning the premier league or world cup or whatever.

eastx
07-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah, if that ancient version of Risk has some kind of multi-game (i.e. campaign) option like that. You wouldn't just play a single game of Madden and calling it beating the game. You will notice he doesn't confirm there is a campaign, either. Second time this month Havoc has tried to fudge his game-beating record? Yes!

Shorty0061
07-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Mass Effect (several times to get a level 60 save)
Mass Effect 2 (several times)
Red Dead Redemption

wow, slow year for me.

Havoc2049
07-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Yeah, if that ancient version of Risk has some kind of multi-game (i.e. campaign) option like that. You wouldn't just play a single game of Madden and calling it beating the game. You will notice he doesn't confirm there is a campaign, either. Second time this month Havoc has tried to fudge his game-beating record? Yes!

I was just kinda fucking around when I put that. Although I did finish a game of Risk (Windows 3.1). I bought a 3.5" USB disk drive for my XP netbook, which I use for DOS and Atari ST emulation. Tested it out with Risk, got it to work, got hooked, played a game from start to finish and conquered the world. It is a weak entry though, as it took me like 30 minutes.

I should put down Pitfall! from Live Arcade though, as I did finish the game by finding all the treasure within 20 minutes and I'm ranked like 6th on the world wide leaderboards. Locating all the treasue within 20 minutes is extreamly hard to do and to get a pefect score of 114,000 is uber-hard. I got like 112k and change. I can get a pefect score in Pitfall II though, if that comes out on Live Arcade.

SpaceManSpiff
07-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Beat Singularity last night. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a standard fps in most ways, but It was fast paced fun with what I thought was a real good time travel based story. A final boss would have been nice though.

Drunken Savior
07-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Just finished Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations! Loved the final case, even if the whole 'swinging' part was kinda lame. Oh well, I'll get Apollo Justice soon!

Joe Redifer
07-12-2010, 11:32 PM
I wish they'd number that series. I have no clue which Ace Attorney game you're even talking about.

Drunken Savior
07-12-2010, 11:53 PM
The third one, where Godot is the main Prosecutor.

eastx
07-13-2010, 01:01 AM
The third one, where Godot is the main Prosecutor.

Did he keep everyone waiting?

Sorry. :P

Drunken Savior
07-13-2010, 01:18 AM
http://instantrimshot.com/

Escaflowne2001
07-13-2010, 03:09 AM
Lost Planet 2 was better then I expected and was generally all round fun. The final level was kinda strange.

George Foreman
07-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Finished God of War 3 over the weekend, and just beat Mega Man 9 a few hours ago. God of War 3 was fun even though I was disappointed with the ending.

Hoping to get Um Jammer Lammy working on my PSP so I can bypass the stupid lag issues.

Edit: Installed and "beat" Lammy this morning. I say "beat" cause I half-assed my way through the sixth song.

Probably gonna play either Silent Hill for the first time or do another play through of Dino Crisis (which I haven't played in years) next.

javi
07-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Just finished Doom 3 (again), and the expansion pack for the first time in my life in Nightmare mode. The ending sucked on Resurrection of Evil, but it was still a fun game. Even though it was short. Can't wait to see if there will be a part 4 coming out. I just hope they would attach the flash light on your suit, or something.

eastx
07-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Doom 3 was loads of fun, though the flashlight thing was indeed kind of silly.

I finally beat Picross 3D today! I got all the stars and finished every puzzle, which took me almost 3 months. It's a very fun game, though I missed the Nintendo-themed puzzles from Picross DS.

javi
07-15-2010, 03:23 PM
John Carmac explained why he put in the flashlight like that. He said that it would be "scary" if you play it like that. With all respect that I have for the guy, that idea was not scary. It was annoying and unnecessary.

Drunken Savior
07-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Especially when everyone knows there's an easy way to use both a handgun and a flashlight.

http://i29.tinypic.com/okrew5.jpg

SpaceManSpiff
07-15-2010, 04:12 PM
What about the BFG! You need 2 hands to hold that thing.

Alucard
07-15-2010, 07:07 PM
They made a mod that let you TAPE the torch to the guns for the PC version. Thats how I played it. Average game. So not scary.

Drunken Savior
07-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Admittedly I didn't play much, but the amount of scares where monsters just jumped out from nooks pissed me off.

Escaflowne2001
07-15-2010, 08:02 PM
I main thing I remember about Doom 3 was that it was a very dark game and there were loads of rapidly flashing lights in some areas that made my eyes hurt could of done without thoses.

Vegetto
07-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Love doom 3, screw you all

this'll make you like it:

-SzMGFRgUnk

frickin thing wont embed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SzMGFRgUnk

javi
07-15-2010, 08:13 PM
I loved doom 3 too. No, it wasn't scary, but it still served as a fun game.

Shorty0061
07-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Beat RE5 earlier today. Pretty much only played online co-op, tried a level or two with AI Sheva and it just wasn't working. Along with RE4, I felt the beginning of the game (village levels I guess) was much stronger than the ending, I did see what some others were saying how the pacing of the game and story progression felt a little too similar to RE4.

flamingspiral
07-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Doom 3 was lame. And unoriginal.

RE5 was a great game. Really enjoyed the multiplayer co-op.

Escaflowne2001
07-15-2010, 09:02 PM
That video is soooooo fake, either that or he's the world biggest wimp.

Shorty0061
07-15-2010, 09:26 PM

Yeah the online co-op is great fun. Plus all the different modes and unlockables in the game are going to keep me playing much longer than any traditional FPS or Third Person Shooter.

javi
07-15-2010, 09:44 PM
^ I can agree with both.

Vegetto
07-16-2010, 02:02 AM
Doom 3 was lame. And unoriginal.

you can't say doom 3 was unoriginal and then spout RE5 is a great game, it's pretty much a reskin of RE4 with new maps

I'm currently playing through RE5 with Reality and we've been making fun of all the similarities between RE4 and 5.

I wouldn't have even played this game if I didn't have a friend to play it with.

George Foreman
07-16-2010, 03:03 AM
Just cleared Dino Crisis a little while ago. I honestly had more fun with it this time than when I first played through it nearly 10 years ago.

As I think about it I kind of understand why I hated the game then. I never kept a pen and paper on hand and used brute force to get through a lot of the puzzles at that time. I don't know how I had the patience to beat the game in that way.

Edit: On to Silent Hill!!! :D

Escaflowne2001
07-16-2010, 03:55 AM
Silent Hill really hasn't dated very well at all, poor Harry controls so badly compared to later Silent Hills.

Alucard
07-16-2010, 04:26 AM
I loaded up Silent Hill 1 a few months back. At first it was quite ugly. But after a little I got used to it and it didnt seem as bad as before. Some games you just cant adjust to. But its such an awesome game that graphics take a second spot.

The only real entertainment Doom 3 gave me was when xbox kids were saying the graphics on the xbox and pc were identical. Oh I still lol at that.

George Foreman
07-16-2010, 06:34 PM
I loaded up Silent Hill 1 a few months back. At first it was quite ugly. But after a little I got used to it and it didnt seem as bad as before. Some games you just cant adjust to. But its such an awesome game that graphics take a second spot.

The only real entertainment Doom 3 gave me was when xbox kids were saying the graphics on the xbox and pc were identical. Oh I still lol at that.

I don't mind if the game is ugly, but if the camera is ass, the game and me are gonna have some issues.

BTW, I realized that I had stopped playing Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story so close to the end of the game, that it'd be stupid to not clear it. So I did.

I enjoyed it for the most part, but like every JRPG for me it seemed to drag on towards the end. I really enjoyed the final bosses though. They all used both the Bros. and Bowser to enough that it seemed as if they both had a integral part in the battles. Also the level of interactivity kept the fights from dragging on.

Escaflowne2001
07-17-2010, 04:04 AM
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af130/landlock/jurassic_the_hunted_frontcover_larg.jpg

Hmm... it's like Jurassic Park, Dino Crisis, King Kong and The Land That Time Forgot all rolled into one only not in a very good way really.

Alucard
07-17-2010, 04:21 AM
You really spent money on that? I mean it just screams 'poor game'.

Joe Redifer
07-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Wow, a shovelware game for the PS3?

darren
07-17-2010, 04:55 AM
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af130/landlock/jurassic_the_hunted_frontcover_larg.jpg

Hmm... it's like Jurassic Park, Dino Crisis, King Kong and The Land That Time Forgot all rolled into one only not in a very good way really.

well thats another game ticketed in your endless quest to play and complete as much crap as humanly possible

Escaflowne2001
07-17-2010, 05:17 AM
You really spent money on that? I mean it just screams 'poor game'.

There aren't enough dinosaur games around to be to picky. It was a budget release though from Activision Value.

Wow, a shovelware game for the PS3?

Well it was released on the PS2, PS3 and XB360. Quite clearly it was a PS2 quickly ported over to the PS3/XB360.

Alucard
07-17-2010, 05:42 AM
I guess if you like dinosaurs that much.

Joe Redifer
07-17-2010, 06:05 AM
Dinosaurs are their own game genre!

eastx
07-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Beat Zuma's Revenge today. Unlike the original Zuma, it's not impossible. Don't know why Popcap usually makes their games get so hard (Peggle & Plants vs Zombies being the exception).

Escaflowne2001
07-20-2010, 11:29 AM
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af130/landlock/MiamiCrisis.jpg

A fun little visual novel from Hudson Soft. Using every American sterotype you could imagine. The story was pretty interesting though the last chapter was quite silly.

SpaceManSpiff
07-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Beat Infamous and Limbo today.

I almost gave up playing Infamous after the first couple hours, the platforming really annoyed me, since you stick to everything and every so often run into the "fall through a building and die glitch". But, the game grew on me and I was able to look past the technical problems and glitches and really enjoyed the game. Pretty typical video game story, but I thought it was told really well with good voice acting and strong characters. The game play overall was really fun.

Limbo on the other hand was a disappointment. "They" said the game was 5 hours long, but it's really much shorter than that. Unless your getting stuck on puzzles a lot, you can probably get through this game in 3-4 hours. It won't surprise me if we see speed runs of under an hour once people play through and know every puzzle. The puzzles were clever, but the game was just too simple and won't give 8 year old kids anything to be scared of. I still like the visual style, but if you watched the trailers, you have seen most of the game. I don't understand the reviews at all.

spider-prime
07-22-2010, 02:07 PM
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af130/landlock/MiamiCrisis.jpg

A fun little visual novel from Hudson Soft. Using every American sterotype you could imagine. The story was pretty interesting though the last chapter was quite silly.

so it's good? I can get it for 7.99 over here, I was going to, but was thinking it was that cheap right away for a reason.

Escaflowne2001
07-22-2010, 04:11 PM
I liked it, as long as your aware it a Visual Novel so there is alot more reading then there is playing.

javi
07-22-2010, 04:54 PM

Another problem that I see with this game is the title. What idiot came up with this name? Its horrible, and the grammar is just off.

Escaflowne2001
07-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Well it's called Jurassic really, the Hunted is the subtitle.

Dr. Bombay
07-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Beat limbo last night. I was kind of annoyed because I wanted to use my sunday afternoon to play through that game in one sitting, and when I was about 95% done, I got calls from almost everyone I knew wanting stuff. I left the house for a fews and came back only to finish the rest in 5 minutes. I really need to learn to shut off my phone.

But that game was really good and really interesting. Definitely very artsy. Well worth the purchase though.

Escaflowne2001
07-26-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm having a bad run at the moment started playing three games over the last couple of weeks Wild ARMs XF, Stalker: Clear Sky and Sly 2 can't be bothered to finish any of them.

Alucard
07-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Maybe you just need a break from games for a little. Playing too much of everything can kill you now and then.

SpaceManSpiff
07-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Beat Red Dead Redemption today.

Drunken Savior
07-26-2010, 10:26 PM
I still need to beat that! I kinda got uninterested in the game when I got to Mexico. Probably because I got into the Phoenix Wright games...

SpaceManSpiff
07-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Just remember, to technically beat the game and get actual ending credits, you need to do a stranger mission that opens up after the last story mission. The game won't tell you about it, but it is in Blackwater. I wonder how many people don't finish this last mission? You don't beat the game until you get the end credits!:P

Sinful Sam
07-27-2010, 03:07 AM
Yeah. It was kind of obvious you need to head back to Blackwater based on what has happed in the last part of the story. Otherwise the game felt like it was missing something.

Escaflowne2001
07-27-2010, 04:01 AM
Maybe you just need a break from games for a little. Playing too much of everything can kill you now and then.

Nah! Just a bad run of games that were uninteresting. Wild ARMs XF was OK but the battles got annoying and had silly little objective you had to complete will battling the enemies.

Stalker: Clear Sky was just plain boring and a step backwards from the original. I also remembered why it's taken me so long to get to playing Sly 2 after finishing the first the characters kinda suck. Sly is alright but the others and now you forced to play as them aswell.

I'm getting into Clash Of The Titans now though some nice Greek Myth goodness right there. I was expecting a GOW clone but it's nothing like it at all really, not a button masher at all.

Risky
07-27-2010, 02:26 PM
I beat Afterburner Climax. Unlocked all the EX options and got all the trophies. A lot of fun for five bucks.

Escaflowne2001
07-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Finished the Alan Wake DLC "The Signal" not a bad little sequel episode.

darren
07-27-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm getting into Clash Of The Titans now

oh dear ..

i'm suprised your ps3 or 360 don't spit that crap right back at you ..

Escaflowne2001
07-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Nothing wrong with it at all. Some very nice combat, good voice acting throughout and of course some awesome greek mythness.

Alucard
07-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Are there naked boobs in it?

darren
07-27-2010, 07:39 PM
probebly not Eurogamer gave it 3/10 .. I think its averaging about 40% right now

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/clash-of-the-titans-review

i did like this bit

As soon as I heard that they were remaking Clash of the Titans, I knew there'd be a videogame. Obviously. So I booked a flight to South America, chartered a boat up the Amazon and tracked down the Tagaeri, a remote tribe that has had virtually no contact with the modern world. I made a bet with them, to see what they thought the Clash of the Titans videogame would be like. They said, "Probably another mediocre God of War rip-off, with giant boss monsters and probably a few quick-time events

Escaflowne2001
07-28-2010, 03:23 AM
It doesn't really play like God of War there only comparing it to it because of the Greek Myth connection. They play nothing alike you can't blindly hack your way through COTT you won't get very far.

Of course these reviews don't really mean anything because half the time the reviewers go out just looking for the flaws and nothing else regardless.

Eitherway I'm enjoying it and at the end of the day that all that really matters.

SpaceManSpiff
07-28-2010, 06:36 AM
I'm tempted to actually play Clash of the Titans. Just to see if Esca really does like crappy games.:D

Escaflowne2001
07-28-2010, 06:59 AM
How are you enjoying Risen? That was another good game that got slated. After you get a handle on the combat it's alot of fun.

SpaceManSpiff
07-28-2010, 08:40 AM
I actually haven't got past when you first land on the island. I decided to play Red Dead first instead of both games at the same time. I am probably going to start tonight. I made sure to do my research before playing Risen. Even with average reviews, the game seems to offer what I enjoy in my rpgs, a real sense of exploration with unique and interesting stuff to find. Hopefully it's not like Oblivian and Fallout 3, where no matter where you explored you found the same crap, boring weapons, ammo, and junk (literally). I can tell from the 5 minutes I played so far that the sensitivity when turning is as bad as they say, and no ability to adjust it is pretty dumb. I can get used to that though.

Also, the PC version had much better reviews than the 360 version. 78% vs. 62% on gamerankings.com

eastx
07-28-2010, 10:30 AM
I didn't find the exploration in Oblivion boring at all. It was immersive and beautiful, and I just never got tired of it.

Escaflowne2001
07-28-2010, 11:31 AM
It suffered the same problem that plagued Mass Effect 1 there was only about 3 different dungeon types.

Once you seen one cave you've seen them all it's there were so many different places on the map but 90% of them were totally pointless and not worth exploring.

I won't even mention the oblivion gates themselves. Though it was a lot quickier later in the game when you could virtually run up a vertical wall.

javi
07-28-2010, 03:35 PM
I just finished playing Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma on the PS3 just yesterday. Man, I haven't played a game that fun in such a long time.

SpaceManSpiff
07-29-2010, 06:42 AM
I just watched Clash of the Titans. I don't think the game can possibly be as bad as the movie.

eastx
07-29-2010, 09:23 AM
I just watched Clash of the Titans. I don't think the game can possibly be as bad as the movie.

I just watched the original movie on Blu-Ray. Such a classic!

Alucard
07-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Finished god of war 3. Very cool game even if double jump was broken. Going through all the extras, some very cool stuff on how they made it etc. I'm actually really really shitty they didnt release an art book for the game. Theres some amazing pieces in these clips. Unless theres one and I dont know about it.

SpaceManSpiff
07-30-2010, 08:09 AM
I don't understand the double jump issue, I never had a problem with it.:confused:

Alucard
07-31-2010, 01:23 AM
So you never ever ever once ever in the entire time oyu played it had to double jump but instead fell from a height or to your death between platforms. If you say no I'm going to kill you. I never even heard of a double jump issue. So if I picked it up then it must be there.

Escaflowne2001
07-31-2010, 04:33 AM
Isn't that pretty standard with any game that has a double jump feature it's not exculsive to GOWIII there was quite a few games where the second jump doesn't register.
I don't remember it being any worse in GOWIII then anything else that I've played.

Alucard
07-31-2010, 06:12 AM
I had no problem with double jump in GoW 1 and 2. Or even the psp version. This one pissed me off at times.

Zack
07-31-2010, 03:00 PM
So you never ever ever once ever in the entire time oyu played it had to double jump but instead fell from a height or to your death between platforms. If you say no I'm going to kill you. I never even heard of a double jump issue. So if I picked it up then it must be there.

lol, the first time i played god of war 3 fell into the first pit a bunch of times because of that.

Alucard
07-31-2010, 05:08 PM
The stages with the 3 platforms you rotate and electrify the third one, that one drove me infuckingsane. I'd be all like ok just jump here WTF! In the end I was SMASHING my button just to make sure the game understood what I was after.

Vegetto
07-31-2010, 07:22 PM
GoW 3s double jump is garbage, pissed me off so much

SavedFromSin
07-31-2010, 07:47 PM
^^Thank you! I died so many times that didn't deserve it.

George Foreman
07-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah, that double jump issue was ass!! Also I hated that you had to re-open treasure chests when you died and that the camera often fought against you when you tried to back-track (which was usually to re-open a chest I had forgotten about after I died).

Also I beat Demon's Souls again, but I'm really bad a making a character that is specialized in a couple skills. I always end up with a character that can do everything (except for miracles, my characters are non-believers), but aren't great at anything. So when I start NG+ or fight PVP, my guy gets destroyed. :/

Alucard
08-01-2010, 12:01 AM
I found some of the art 1 of the guys did for the game. I need to find the other guy, his stuff was epic too.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CVquf08tz-w/TDVrEE2cf2I/AAAAAAAAAfc/elHyYidPavc/s1600/AndyPark_GOW3_21.jpg

http://andyparkart.blogspot.com/2010/07/god-of-war-3.html

Escaflowne2001
08-01-2010, 07:00 AM
Clash Of The Titans (XB360) the best game I've played with Greek Myth involved. They got the creatures down perfectly. Excellent stuff off to do the extra DLC right now. :)

Alucard
08-01-2010, 04:14 PM
God of war is the best console game I've played with greek myth.

Escaflowne2001
08-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Yeah the GOW battle system is better but the creatures/monsters are done better in COTT I think. GOW concentrates to much on the gods rather then the creatures.

Fighting the huge arse Chimera in COTT was lovely.

Nem
08-03-2010, 07:57 AM
I finished Fallout 3 including Operation Anchorage, Broken Steel and Mothership Zeta. I got Into the Pitt and the other one i forget the name left but they dont interest me much so im considering it done.

Not too bad... it only took me a week to do all that. I still havent beaten oblivion in more than a year. Just didnt feel like playing it. :S

My list looks like this now:

Ace Attourney Apollo Justice (DS)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS)
Xenosaga Ep 3 (PS2)
Sonic Rush (DS)
New Super mario Bros (DS)
Fallout 3 + extras (360)

I dont know how some of u guys find so much free time to play games. :sweat:

SpaceManSpiff
08-05-2010, 11:50 AM
How are you enjoying Risen? That was another good game that got slated. After you get a handle on the combat it's alot of fun.

Well I played about 2 hours last night. The game didn't get slated, the reviews are right on. Lets start with the negatives so far:

1. While the environment looks ok, the overall graphics are pretty outdated, the characters especially look like shit. Your shield hovers like 6 inches off of your back..

2. The joystick sensitivity is laughably bad with no option to adjust it.

3. No tutorial of any kind. It can be really confusing when first learning how to navigate the different menus.

4. All over the place there are parts of the terrain with no textures, all you see is polygons! And it is blatantly obvious. In one cave I went into, only half of the walls had finished textures.

5. Your character runs too slow.

6. You can't pick up items with your weapon equipped.

7. It stops the game for a second to autosave. And it autosaves often.

8. While I was standing next to a fire, I selected it so I could cook some raw meat. A Menu popped up asking what meat I want to cook. At the same time an NPC approached me and asked what I was doing. So now I had the "cook meat" menu and a dialogue menu both open at the same time. I tried every button but could not select any option available and was forced to restart the game.

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff, but this is after less than 2 hours of play. Based on the better reviews for the PC version I'm guessing it's just a really bad port of a PC game. There are also some positives, for me at least, though I doubt most gamers can overcome the bad stuff in this game to keep playing.

1. Voice acting is good.

2. I like the effect on the trees, bushes etc. when you stand in front of them. They disappear in a cool way so you can see your character. Something that all games should make use of.

3. The island feels natural and real. You can pretty much go anywhere and it is fun to explore and find hidden areas. It is not overwhelmingly large either.

I can see myself possibly completing it just for the exploration part.

Edit: Yeah, the Xbox version was put through a shredder.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq7/mastervampier/rtkd3t.jpg

Escaflowne2001
08-05-2010, 04:17 PM
WOW, man I must be blind. Having played and completed the XBox360 version and I'm being totally serious here other then the outdated graphics (expected from a budget game) I never noticed any of those negitives you mentioned at all or at least had a problem with them enough to note them.

I actually think that's kinda scary.

Havoc2049
08-05-2010, 05:01 PM
It suffered the same problem that plagued Mass Effect 1 there was only about 3 different dungeon types.

Once you seen one cave you've seen them all it's there were so many different places on the map but 90% of them were totally pointless and not worth exploring.

I won't even mention the oblivion gates themselves. Though it was a lot quickier later in the game when you could virtually run up a vertical wall.

WOW, man I must be blind. Having played and completed the XBox360 version and I'm being totally serious here other then the outdated graphics (expected from a budget game) I never noticed any of those negitives you mentioned at all or at least had a problem with them enough to note them.

I actually think that's kinda scary.

What is scary, is your bad taste in games. :P :D

Mass Effect and Oblivion are godly RPG's, while Risen is garbage.

Alucard
08-05-2010, 06:36 PM
I'd put them all on par with each other. If it wasnt for Mass Effects story that game would be sub par in everything else. Also not playing Risen on a pc was your first mistake. Graphics are anything but dated for that game.

SpaceManSpiff
08-05-2010, 09:17 PM
What's even scarier!? I Agee with Escaflowne's assessment of Oblivion. The guild quests were fun, but those gates were so boring and ugly. There are like 300 caves to explore on the map, but they are all the same and you don't get anything to help you. I couldn't even finish the last thieves guild quest because the game glitched near the end of it and I could not go any further. Didn't bother trying it again.

Northeastmonk
08-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Dragon Quest IX, one of the best handheld games I've ever played. They had an Einhander glove, I kept thinking of Einhander.

Alucard
08-06-2010, 12:35 PM
When you were thinking of him, was he just wearing the gloves?

Northeastmonk
08-06-2010, 01:39 PM
When you were thinking of him, was he just wearing the gloves?

I saw an Einhander ingame and thought of TMB Einhander.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4586/96937405.jpg
http://www.squarecn.com/ff/zhuanti/DQ9/gloves.htm

eastx
08-07-2010, 03:04 AM
I recently beat:

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (XBLA) on Normal difficulty. I absolutely love this game and will hopefully be strong enough to beat it on Hard in a few days. Also writing an FAQ for it.

okYYsNSdzVg

Ninjatown on DS. It's a really fun tower defense game based on the Shawnimals characters. The difficulty spikes erratically, but I eventually got A's on every level. Gotta love the ninjas.

flamingspiral
08-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Beat Infamous a couple of weeks ago. I really liked it. I chose to be the good guy. I thought a lot of the powers that were given to you were really cool. Storyline was acceptable, even if the ending was kind of a let down. My only real complaint was the lack of variety in side questions. Otherwise a great game.

Nem
08-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Mass Effect 1 is down for the count.

The main storyline was really short, the extra content was lacking in variety and there were all sorts of little things that grinded my gears. Exploration and Sci-fi universe were cool though. I wouldnt give it more than a 6-7 out of 10. I already started the sequal and it hopefully is much better designed.

SpaceManSpiff
08-12-2010, 11:16 AM
I've been playing quite a bit of Risen. Despite the huge flaws, the game draws you in. Last night, I was just running down a path and an auto save started, a split second later the whole screen turned a bright yellow and I had to restart the game. I tried to load the last auto save but it said the save file was corrupted. My last manual save was two hours before that.:mad: I don't know if I will continue with this game or set it to the side and play something else until I'm ready to come back.

Escaflowne2001
08-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Did you install Risen?

SpaceManSpiff
08-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Yes.

Escaflowne2001
08-13-2010, 04:53 AM
Seems like the US version has more problems then the PAL one and that's after they delayed the US release like 6 months.

Drunken Savior
08-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Just went through Mass Effect 2 for the third time this year. :)

Escaflowne2001
08-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Tenchu: Dark Secrets (DS) - Surprisingly fun. :)

Nem
08-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Beat Mass Effect 2 (360)

Improved on the original on almost every aspect making it a good game... but the story wasnt as good as in the first one (actually someone that has beat ME1 and goes play ME3 wont have missed anything big as far as the main storyline goes).
Also, still dislike how the game is basically just 5 missions or so and you can only have a full experience (a 40 hour game) if you tackle all of the optional content. It just feels like they arent trying enough with the main story and are focusing too much on the branching paths.

Nem
08-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Im on the third disc of Final Fantasy XIII wich i've been forcing myself to play ever since the 5 hour mark. Words cant express how much of a piece of shit this game is. It makes FFVIII look like a great game in comparison. The series has fallen pretty low in terms of quality and the reviews were actually very generous. This game doesnt deserve more than a 5/10.
I'm posting this now cause i think i might give up. Its a waste of my time to play this game.

Alucard
08-19-2010, 10:06 AM
You mirror exactly the way I felt about the game. The only reason I even bothered to finish it was because my save had been haxed into giving me infinite health and 99999 damage just to finish the POS game. Ending it made me wish I'd just stopped on the second disc like I planned to. You'll force yourself to finish it and then rage at the end and ask yourself why you bothered.

SpaceManSpiff
08-19-2010, 10:09 AM
I beat The Force Unleashed last night. This game has the worst controls, camera, and lock on system I have ever seen! At least it had lots of eye candy and a pretty good side story in the Star Wars universe.

Escaflowne2001
08-23-2010, 08:42 AM
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af130/landlock/53gl4id.jpg

SpaceManSpiff
08-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Finally beat Risen. I easily spent over 40 hours in the game. I enjoyed it overall, despite all the major problems. The story was actually really good and the characters believable with well written and spoken dialogue. Exploring the island was very addicting and fun. But, the combat was stale and there was hardly any armor to collect or upgrade. Then there are the numerous glitches in the game, at least in the 360 version. Using magic would really drop the frame rate and sometimes during hectic battles the frame rate would drop so low it was barely playable. Like during the final boss battle. Hell, it took me a few tries to kill the final boss just because of glitches. The first time, I entered the final room and the cut scene started but the camera ended up moving out of the mountain I was in. All I could see was my character floating and I had to reset. I also made a save right as the door was opening to the final boss before that happened. When I tried to load that save, the door was stuck halfway and would not open! This game is not for everyone but hardcore rpg fans will enjoy it if they can get passed all the flaws. Or play it on PC.

Alucard
08-24-2010, 03:56 AM
I watched my friend play it on his pc ages back. I never saw the framerate drop during spells. In fact the game was very smooth the entire time. His system wasnt godly either.

SpaceManSpiff
08-24-2010, 07:46 AM
Yah, I can't believe the 360 version was even released with so many problems. I mean how do you have so many unfinished textures, all over the place. It's not like they didn't notice! And I'm not being nitpicky about the framerate drops, it's not like I'm getting only 25 fps boohoo, they drop to like 1-3 fps and won't go back up unless I reset the game. It's almost worth a rent just to find bugs.

Escaflowne2001
08-24-2010, 08:00 AM
Sounds like they really screwed up the US version.

Alucard
08-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Certain games you should play on the pc, certain on the console. You just cant complain if you purposely choose the lesser version.

SpaceManSpiff
08-24-2010, 09:52 AM
You also can't complain about your car being too slow if you purposely bought a station wagon instead of a porche.

Joe Redifer
08-25-2010, 05:20 AM
Beat Scott vs The Pilgrims on single player. The game is pretty cool, but it doesn't hold a candle to, say, Streets of Rage. I loved the music. The world of Scott Pilgrim doesn't look too exciting and the characters all seem pretty lame, I have no interest in investigating anything else having to do with Scott Pilgrim. I'm glad the movie is pretty much dead and will be out of theaters very, very soon. The game would have probably been better if it was original and not licensed.

Alucard
08-25-2010, 05:49 AM
Look out your window Joe, you might see Soba standing there in the rain holding a knife.

Escaflowne2001
08-27-2010, 09:16 PM
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af130/landlock/agarest.jpg

This game was damn long. You get to play through five generations of a family across five different countries sealing "The Darkness" on each. It's pretty basic visual novel layout with SRPG battles. Nothing new or that hasn't been done before but interesting none the less in the story department.

Edit: Also beat Naruto: Ninja Council 2 on the GBA.

SpaceManSpiff
08-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Tomb Raider: Legend. Decent, short game.

Escaflowne2001
08-31-2010, 02:21 PM
Bioshock 2 DLC Minerva's Den - Pretty good better then alot of DLC that's for sure. Fairly long aswell.

Drunken Savior
09-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Just beat Edgeworth Investigations! Here's the current tally of games I have beaten per device:

PC: 11, XBox 360: 1, PS3: 1, PS: 1, iPhone: 1, DS: 4

Escaflowne2001
09-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Beat Red Steel 2 it was alright but got pretty repetitive after a while and it reminded me alot of Zeno Clash on the XB360/PC both in characters and style. I'd find it pretty hard to recommand it.

Badrats Studio
09-04-2010, 03:51 PM
I beat Castlevania : Order Of Ecclesia. But WTF ?? She's dead after I equiped those 4 Dominus ! Boom. Just like that. But I'm sure I got the bad ending. Maybe I'll play it again for the good one.

eastx
09-04-2010, 09:02 PM
I beat Castlevania : Order Of Ecclesia. But WTF ?? She's dead after I equiped those 4 Dominus ! Boom. Just like that. But I'm sure I got the bad ending. Maybe I'll play it again for the good one.

Yeah, that's what happens if you haven't saved all the villagers yet when you go to that part. Leave and find whatever villagers you are missing instead of fighting that boss. I wish the game explained it to you.
You haven't beaten the game until you get to Dracula's castle and complete that.